It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Poll calls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Are any of you guys getting a lot of political survey calls or is it just because I took a few of the surveys. I get three or four of them a day with all kinds of people on the other end of the line. Some are definitely from India while others seem to have American accents.

The loaded questions they ask seem to steer you into answering a certain way. Like "are you satisfied with the economy under the Obama Administration" If you try to say something like "well if the republican majority keeps blocking everything the Dems try" They say Well is that a yes or no. These loaded questions almost seem like they are political ploy that try to sway peoples opinions. Ask the right questions and you can create the results you desire so the media can put it out there. When you see the results on tv, and it looks like most people are seeing it the other way, it can influence how you vote because you may think your insight doesn't match the rest of society. It is all a scam

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
While we have different political views(going by the tone of your op), I agree with you about the slanted polling practices.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I am getting them also, though evidently not as much as you.

Mine are a quick 3 questions - never encountered individuals with foreign accents.

I'm in SE Michigan.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I've been getting them for months. I refuse to participate and demand to be removed from their call lists and it just seems to result in even MORE calls. I'll be glad when the elections are over!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I haven't recieved one call. Gets lots of Junk mail though.

But then again, I rarely give out any personnal info.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Though not directly related to the domestic USA, I was speaking with some acquaintances overseas in Europe and Eastern Europe and they described something similar to your OP.

I believe the questions were (paraphrasing)
1. How closely have you been keeping track of the US election
2. Which political figures do you know
3. Do you think the current administration needs to change.

I cant recall them mentioning the origin of the calls.

I find it both amusing and worrying that the US election is of central focus of the entire planet. Almost like the entire planet will live or die based on the results..

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Yes, sadly so. We live in Ohio, a "swing State." I just listen to their spiel and then ask why are the only offering Pepsi or Coke? I tell them I would rather have an Orange Crush, or a Dr. Pepper.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Yes, sadly so. We live in Ohio, a "swing State." I just listen to their spiel and then ask why are the only offering Pepsi or Coke? I tell them I would rather have an Orange Crush, or a Dr. Pepper.

Brilliant!

but why not ask for a mineral water instead.

I think that significant of a change is needed. Carbonated sugar beverage VS life sustaining drink.

I know which i would choose.

edit on 26-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

When I get home in the evening I have at least 3 to 4 missed calls. I no sooner walk in the door and the phone starts ringing. Political surveys. This is every day for the past month! And yes, at least one of the calls is someone with a foreign accent - one person I could barely understand. I live in lower Michigan, so you are not alone. I personally cannot wait until this election is OVER.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We have a block on our phone for telemarketers. At least we did, although I am getting a few telemarketer calls lately. Political calls are not blocked by the block nor anything affiliated with the government. Funny that we have no rights to block politicians from selling themselves.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I was using Obama as an example. If a republican was in office and the Democrats were blocking attempts to help the economy, I would be complaining also. I don't agree with the actions of either party. I think they should make pork barrel projects illegal along with "I'll vote for your project if you vote for mine". I live in the middle of nowhere and although these federal funds do help our residents, there are necessary things not getting done so things that a small percentage of the people in power want get done. I see that happening all over here, they put too many pretty but useless and expensive additions to projects when they do it. Architects get paid by a percentage of the project. That issue needs to be addressed when the Economy collapses and things need to be redone.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yes, many calls.
Just put them on extended hold.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I hate the calls, I started telling all of them that I don't do surveys for free, that I charge, the continue to ask questions and I just ask them how much they are going to pay me, they hang up.

The questions do seem to be arranged in more of a way to sway someones beliefs rather than taking an actuall survey.

top topics

join