It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berlusconi Guilty of Tax Fraud; Sentenced to Four Years in Prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The Former Prime Minister of Italy , Silvio Berlusconi , is sentenced to prison for 4 years . He was found guilty of tax fraud . The prosecutors had asked for a prison sentence of three years and eight months for Mr. Berlusconi . More than five other suspects were involved in the case.

Former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi was found guilty of tax fraud and sentenced to four years in prison Friday in a case involving the purchase of U.S. film and television rights via off-shore companies on behalf of Mediaset SpA, the country's largest private television broadcaster that he controls.
The court in Milan banned Mr. Berlusconi from holding public office for three years. But it acquitted Fedele Confalonieri, chairman of Mediaset, of the same charge.
Both Messrs. Berlusconi and Confalonieri, who had denied any wrongdoing, have the right to appeal.
Prosecutors had accused Mr. Berlusconi, Mr. Confalonieri and other suspects of falsely declaring the cost of purchasing the rights to U.S. productions to lower the tax bill.

LINK
edit on 26-10-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
unfortunately he will not spend a single day in prison. its all for show.

no doubt some conspiracy fraudsters will once again trot this out to use in he BS story about elites being arrested and locked up. Berlusconi will not be locked up.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
unfortunately he will not spend a single day in prison. its all for show.

no doubt some conspiracy fraudsters will once again trot this out to use in he BS story about elites being arrested and locked up. Berlusconi will not be locked up.

Yep , that news is just show off . Law is not for Elites .
edit on 26-10-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
"The Former Prime Minister of Italy"

Now the question then becomes why would he have to do something such as tax fraud? Not that I am in the reply field and have closed the tab to the story I'm quite curious as to why someone of his status would need to. Was it that money was tight? Or just didn't want to? I always wonder on cases like this why those people who either have a lot of money or at least had high positions would need to do something of this sort.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent
"The Former Prime Minister of Italy"

Now the question then becomes why would he have to do something such as tax fraud? Not that I am in the reply field and have closed the tab to the story I'm quite curious as to why someone of his status would need to. Was it that money was tight? Or just didn't want to? I always wonder on cases like this why those people who either have a lot of money or at least had high positions would need to do something of this sort.

Because rich people are so greedy , they will never stop collecting wealth . Person like him should have never done such kind of crime

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

Agreed and I was starting to read the comments with the hopes of perhaps getting some more information if possible but no dice. Either way it's interesting the amount of time those people serve for the amount of money they take.

new topics

top topics

join