It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 requests denied for help in Benghazi after attacks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Sources on the ground in Benghazi during the attack on the US consulate tell Fox News that CIA operatives twice asked for permission to help Ambassador Chris Stevens and his staff, and twice were told to 'stand down' -- while a later request for military backup was denied
edit on 26-10-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

added source, added ex tags
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Fri Oct 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Well... I don't know what to say. If that's true, they were literally left to die and help within distance of hearing the fight was denied.

If it's not....and Fox is carrying rumor that turns out baseless with it's obvious potential on election impact...They may take quite a credibility hit over such a report themselves.

Either way, that sure doesn't sound like one to cast off and ignore. Either of the two possibilities would be important to get to the bottom of...the former being worse and worse by the sound of it.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by capone1

This thread doesn't have much more than the other one, and now you didn't even include the link?

Fox News Exclusive

Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that three urgent requests from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. Consulate and subsequent attack nearly seven hours later were denied by officials in the CIA chain of command -- who also told the CIA operators to "stand down" rather than help the ambassador's team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.

Former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were part of a small team who were at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. Consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When they heard the shots fired, they radioed to inform their higher-ups to tell them what they were hearing.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

In my opinion, this was an assassination on the Ambassador. He apparently had ties to lots of other operations. He may or may not have been more than an Ambassador, but he was certainly left to die. Too many things stink in this whole scenario, from his foreboding comments, to the private security, to the fake initial accounts. Just too much stink for their not to be a steaming pile somewhere.
edit on Fri Oct 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by capone1

Well... I don't know what to say. If that's true, they were literally left to die and help within distance of hearing the fight was denied.

If it's not....and Fox is carrying rumor that turns out baseless with it's obvious potential on election impact...They may take quite a credibility hit over such a report themselves.

Either way, that sure doesn't sound like one to cast off and ignore. Either of the two possibilities would be important to get to the bottom of...the former being worse and worse by the sound of it.

As of 2p.m. EDT, 26 Oct., 2012, FoxNews says it has confirmed earlier reports, and have broadcast video from the CIA team that went to the consulate after being told to "Stand Down."

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm sure Obama had good reasons to let them die, and I'm sure soon his defenders will be here to tell us why he let this happened.

Or how it was Romney's fault. Or Bush's.

Also, there's already a thread I think?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I just read a rather poignant assessment of what has happened.

If the political optics in any way dictated the outcome in Libya — if the Obama administration chose to stand down because they would rather let Americans fight for themselves than drop bombs on Libyan terrorists — our entire nation must come to a moment of reckoning. This cannot stand.

One more thing– Those of you who read my pieces on TheBlaze and watch me on Real News know that I generally prefer to offer analysis rather than personal anecdotes on national defense matters. I try to convey the truth about security matters without bias or agenda.

But this feels deeply personal. As an American, as a former CIA officer, as a fellow citizen with many friends and colleagues who have served and continue to serve their country in the military, intelligence community, and diplomatic service — I believe this administration’s handling of Benghazi is an affront to the very principles we have fought to defend.

www.theblaze.com...

edit on Fri Oct 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Obama sacrificed four American lives Jimmy Carter in his worst moment made an attempt to rescue Americans. No honor, no faith, a traitors disposition

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
"Sources on the ground"

Seriously? Sounds just like "Former CIA (notice the former) agent says drones would be relaying Benghazi in real time.

Here's the thing, I wouldn't put it past any Administration to pull some shady stuff. But, there's no pooh sticking the walls no matter how many FOX monkeys are flinging it.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
As the OP did not feel the need to comment on the story he posted, feel free to add your comments here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join