It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women urged to get whooping cough shot during pregnancy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

An expert panel is urging every pregnant woman to get a shot preventing whooping cough, preferably in the last three months of her pregnancy to help protect her baby.[...]
Despite long-standing childhood immunizations, cases have been climbing in the past decade. Most are infants 2 months and younger -- too young to be vaccinated because their immune systems are too immature.
[...]
Despite the overwhelming vote tally, several members of the panel voiced uneasiness with a lack of data on how effective and safe such a recommendation will be for mothers and newborns.

www.freep.com...

This is troubling. I understand this disease is on the rise...and that it is particularly dangerous to the very young.

But there is n
Not enough data....the shot is too dangerous to give to newborns...so we'll just dose them with this toxin before they leave the womb?

And, not enough research has been done to show the safety and effectiveness...but we're going to recommend it anyway?
Is the public being used as the needed research?

Now this is even scarier:
Study: Whooping couch outbeak link to vaccinated children

More related
www.abovetopsecret.com... [5/2012]
www.abovetopsecret.com... [7/2012]
www.abovetopsecret.com... [4/2012]
www.abovetopsecret.com... [7/2012]
www.abovetopsecret.com... [5/2011]

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Giving the vaccine to a pregnant woman isn't the same as giving it to a newborn.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I'm not going into advice whether someone should do it or not, but mother's immunity to whooping cough would be passed to the child.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The same way they said give the flu shot to pregnant women.......

and then most of them miscarried???

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

My wife is currently pregnant, but still in the 2nd trimester, and the doctor was ready to give her the shot right there. Actually, they tried the tactic of not really asking just saying "Ok, now go to the lab where you will get your Tdap and flu shot".

We have other kids and never heard of this, so we denied, and we were lectured about it. It probably didn't help that we said we weren't getting the flu shot either.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

I'm not going into advice whether someone should do it or not, but mother's immunity to whooping cough would be passed to the child.

Actually that is not proven.

Even "experts" say that it "may" be passed to the infant and even then only "some degree of protection".

www.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is insanity. A pregnant woman can't even safely take an over the counter medication or eat shellfish, or exposed to anything toxic in the least yet they seem to believe this is ok?
BS.
Not enough money flowing into childrens hospitals or funeral homes so you create a reason? Need another creative way to cull the population?After all, these little bastard offspring will be just be brainless and grow up on welfare or in jail draining our already strained economy right?
SERIOUSLY what do these people use as justification?
It has been proven that the vaccine doesn't work. I got it and was sick for two months as a child. My son never got it and was sick three weeks. And he never, ever spread it to the other children in my house. He alone got it.
I'd like that explained.
Fear mongering, baby murdering (insert appropriate profanity here.)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
My brother and sis in law had a beautiful daughter last April.

The hospital where she was born had an outbreak of infant whooping cough right after her birth. Very, very scary. Although my niece never got sick, I understand some babies died.

I don't know about the safety of vaccines, but I got the flu shot when pregnant per my docs advice. My son is a little weird, but I think he came by it honestly.

Scary stuff.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is an interesting medical article about drugs/vaccines and pregnancy.
Although it doesn't seem to mention untested vaccines...one can assume that this should be considered until the vaccine is deemed safe.

The second and third trimesters: are periods during which considerable growth and development occurs in teeth, bones and in central nervous, endocrine, genital and urine systems. During this period drugs can cause either teratogenesis or a variety of other effects such are retardation of physical and brain growth, behavioral teratogenecity, premature labour, neonatal toxicity and even late post natal effects such as cancer.

www.pharmainfo.net...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
i think big pharma and WHO are criminal organizations
they need to take ownership from banksters as its so difficult to believe them

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

So, I had to look that up...as I had no clue.
Whatever antibodies pass from mother to fetus does happen in the last trimester...and during breast feeding.
Whatever immunity there is is strongest the first tow months after birth ...it then declines as the baby begins to very slower build it's own immunity...and it seems babies are most at risk immune-wise between 2 and 6 months.
Of course, I guess that all depends on the shape and health of the mother's immune system

www.wellness.com...
www.sciencedaily.com...
www.nhs.uk...

top topics

join