It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Sununu, Top Romney Surrogate, Suggests Colin Powell Obama Endorsement Motivated By Race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well, this is just sad coming straight from Romney's campaign.

Sununu: Well, I'm not sure how important that is. I do like the fact that Colin Powell's boss, George Herbert Walker Bush, has endorsed Mitt Romney all along. And frankly, when you take a look at Colin Powell, you have to wonder whether that's an endorsement based on issues or whether he's got a slightly different reason for preferring President Obama.

Morgan: What reason would that be?

Sununu: Well, I think when you have somebody of your own race that you're proud of being president of the United States, I applaud Colin for standing with him.

What else is there to say?

Campaigning to the lowest common denominator.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Taiyed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

I wonder if Sununu feels the same way for some of his white constituents voting for Romney. His comments are baseless and without merit. I agree, it is sad to hear this from Sununu but he has been very vocal and controversial on many topics lately.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Of course it's race.

Why else would so many WHITE PEOPLE vote for Romney?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

Right... So why is only 59 percent of whites voting for Romney and in 08 55 percent voted for McCain, while 96 percent of blacks voted for Obama?
I wouldnt doubt if Powells vote is motivated by race.
Source

With 59 percent support among Whites, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is hitting record numbers among that group. He is approaching a margin of support last seen by Republican Ronald Reagan in his 1984 re-election. Yet, support for Romney among non-White voters has hovered between 18-20 percent, according to national Washington Post-ABC News tracking poll data. During his 2008 presidential campaign, Republican nominee John McCain got roughly 55 percent of the White vote and 20 percent of the non-White vote.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Democrats routinely get around 90% of the black vote, so Obama got a bump of 6%.

He also got similar bumps in white voters, hispanic voters, asian voters, and women voters.

So it isn't really honest to say that blacks voted for him in higher numbers just because Obama was black, because he got a similar bump across the board.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

Sure. When neither candidate has any novel ideas or solutions, why not stand with someone you are proud represents your race? I LOVE Colin Powell, and I wish he would have run for president. He is a true Conservative, and he is a Proven Leader. I don't blame him at all for standing with Obama. Its just too bad the Republican Party couldn't have put up a candidate with a platform that would have made them stand out and be worth supporting.

Don't blame Powell for this. Blame the Republicans that put up a Shiny Mannequin for President instead of a quality individual that could have steered the country in a new direction.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Personally that is the first thing that came to mind when I read the article, Racially motivated why? because I forgot how Bush Jr. screw Powers during the sell out of the invasion and conflict against Iraq.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I don't know why this would come as such a shock .

Being black... He'd be an aberration if he didnt vote for the black guy.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
It was not about race? According to the AP, we are a racist society using info from internet contrived polls. So tell me, it is only the white conservative male that is racist? That is what you are saying right? By the the way, the white folk elected Obama, now he is going to get his arse thrown out by the white folk that are unemployed!

Whatever.

new topics

top topics

join