U.N. Human Rights Council Calls for Boycott of U.S. Companies

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Interesting to see some of the HRC countries involved in this little spat using UN against US companies in Israel
Definitely a co-ordinated effort to start softening the Israeli economy or distraction from the ME issues upto certain extent?

The Washington Free Beacon has obtained a report soon to be released by the United Nations that calls for an international campaign of legal attacks and economic warfare on a group of American companies that do business in Israel, including Hewlett-Packard, Caterpillar Inc., and Motorola Solutions Inc.

The Human Rights Council (HRC), a body dominated by Islamic countries and known for its hostility to, and heavy focus on, the Jewish State, issued the report. The George W. Bush administration refused to participate in the HRC, but President Barack Obama joined it soon after taking office. Members of the HRC include infamous human rights abusers such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, Libya, China, and Cuba.

LINK
Your thoughts/comments/viewpoints/opinions please.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Hypocrites.

Line 2.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Here's a bit more for the lazy folk:

In addition to American companies, the U.N. targets include major European firms such as Veolia Environnement, Group 4 Security, the Dexia Group, the Volvo Group.

“Employees of companies can face investigation and prosecution for human rights violations committed irrespective of where the violation was committed.”

In addition to legal action against American employees of targeted companies, the Special Rapporteur “concludes that all companies that operate in or otherwise have dealings with Israeli settlements should be boycotted.” The companies should ”be prepared to accept any consequences—reputation, financial, or legal—of continuing operations.”

So I take it that NWO is now in effect? And the UN decides who's "in" and who's "out".....hmmmm, I guess I knew it was coming sooner or later.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Further links:
PRESS CONFERENCE BY SPECIAL RAPPORTEUR ON HUMAN RIGHTS IN OCCUPIED PALESTINIAN TERRITORY
A/67/379 19 September 2012 report forwarded to General Assembly

Summary
The present report addresses Israel’s compliance with its obligations under
international law in relation to its occupation of Palestinian territory. The Special
Rapporteur focuses particular attention on the legal responsibility of business
enterprises, corporations and non-State actors involved in activities relating to
Israel’s settlements in the occupied Palestinian territory.

reply to post by hp1229

Definitely a co-ordinated effort to start softening the Israeli economy or distraction from the ME issues upto certain extent?

No, an attempt to cause Israel and corporations to not benefit profitwise from activities which violate international laws and treaties, specifically the Geneva Convention ban on transporting population into occupied territory.

As Israel accelerated expansion of illegal settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territory in continued defiance of United Nations resolutions and international human rights and humanitarian law, Israeli and international companies profiting from the settlements should be boycotted,
-- press conference from link above

edit on 26-10-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)
edit on 26-10-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The UN needs to be boycotted. It's a farce and a globalist thug. It is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Lets let Texas take care of this they seem to be able to handle the un

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I posted this in the wrong thread as I was reading both around the same time. I meant to post it here.

That being said, and regardless of the political statements, I don't think the UN should be encouraging boycotts on US and EU companies because they in turn are not boycotting others. I don't know, but it reminds me of grade school. If you like so and so, I won't like you any more, na na na.

Also, wouldn't it be a bit like shooting one's self in the foot????

www.heritage.org...

The U.S. has been the largest financial supporter of the U.N. since the organization’s founding in 1945. The U.S. is currently assessed 22 percent of the U.N. regular budget and more than 27 percent of the U.N. peacekeeping budget. In dollar terms, the Administration’s budget for FY 2011 requested $516.3 million for the U.N. regular budget and more than $2.182 billion for the peacekeeping budget.[2]

However, the U.S. also provides assessed financial contributions to other U.N. organizations and voluntary contributions to many more U.N. organizations. According to OMB, total U.S. contributions to the U.N. system were more than $6.347 billion in FY 2009.[3] This is more than $1 billion more than total contributions as compiled by OMB for FY 2005,[4] and it is indicative of the rising budgetary trends in the U.N. and the consequential demand on U.S. financial support.

ec.europa.eu...

The EU is the single largest financial contributor to the UN system. The EU funds 38% of the UN's regular budget, more than two-fifths of UN peacekeeping operations and about one-half of all UN Member States' contributions to UN funds and programmes.

For its part, the European Commission is also a significant UN partner, contributing over €1 billion in support of external assistance programmes and projects. The financial and contractual aspects of programmes funded by the Commission have been streamlined through the use of the Financial and Administrative Framework Agreement (FAFA).

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I say from now on the amount of funding the US gives to the UN is directly proportional with the success of US companies in Israel.

They will answer to the dollar just like everyone else

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
I say from now on the amount of funding the US gives to the UN is directly proportional with the success of US companies in Israel.
They will answer to the dollar just like everyone else
I keep thinking to myself why and who even formed the UN

LINK
edit on 26-10-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The UN is a farce but that's because the constituent members don't really want to be subject to a universally accepted set of laws or treaties no matter how reasonable. What they really want is to use such an organisation to push their personal agendas. If it were not a farce there would be agreement that for example the geneva convention was being contravened by Isreal and automatic sanctions applied rather than the current situation where one or more constituent un members have to push for something to happen. It's a joke of an organisation because everyone in it looks out for themselves.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Jargonaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Interesting to see some of the HRC countries involved in this little spat using UN against US companies in Israel

The Washington Free Beacon has obtained a report soon to be released by the United Nations that calls for an international campaign of legal attacks and economic warfare on a group of American companies that do business in Israel, including Hewlett-Packard, Caterpillar Inc., and Motorola Solutions Inc.

The Human Rights Council (HRC), a body dominated by Islamic countries and known for its hostility to, and heavy focus on, the Jewish State, issued the report. The George W. Bush administration refused to participate in the HRC, but President Barack Obama joined it soon after taking office. Members of the HRC include infamous human rights abusers such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, Libya, China, and Cuba.

LINK
Your thoughts/comments/viewpoints/opinions please.

Well the source you cite is "misrepresenting" things at best. Here's the general make-up of the organization:

Membership of the Human Rights Council The Council is made of 47 Member States, which are elected by the majority of members of the General Assembly of the United Nations through direct and secret ballot. The General Assembly takes into account the candidate States’ contribution to the promotion and protection of human rights, as well as their voluntary pledges and commitments in this regard. The Council’s Membership is based on equitable geographical distribution. Seats are distributed as follows: African States: 13 seats Asian States: 13 seats Latin American and Caribbean States: 8 seats Western European and other States: 7 seats Eastern European States: 6 seats

UN Civl Rights Council membership

In addition, the current members can be found here:

current UN CRC membership

I counted nine countries that are likely Muslim (am being liberal and including Nigeria and Djibouti in my count). Nine out of 47 is less than 20 percent. Less than 20% does not make for a predominant portion.

So no way is the council made up predominantly of Muslim countries. So your source is incorrect and cannot be trusted on anything else it claims. Did you bother to fact check the specious claims of your source before starting this thread, OP? It certainly doesn't look like it.

But back to the main topic. A lot of countries throughout the world, including Europe and Latin America, have problems with how Israel treats the Palestinians. More Americans need to face the facts that Israel is an apartheid state that has illegally occupied foreign territory for over 47 years, oppressing the people therein as well as waging a war of ethnic cleansing of portions of this land.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
The UN needs to be boycotted. It's a farce and a globalist thug. It is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Yes, the UN is a globalist thug because it goes around the world illegalling invading countries and threatening countries with punitive measures, and wiretaps the communications of its members in contravention of international diplomatic accords. And it unilaterally kills people it doesn't like or kidnaps and tortures them and/or locks them up forever. Oh, whoops, I'm talking about the US -- it's really easy to get confused with that second letter in both their initials...

new topics
top topics

join