It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US economic growth improves to 2 pct. rate in Q3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The U.S. economy expanded at a slightly faster 2 percent annual rate from July through September, buoyed by an uptick in consumer spending and a burst of government spending.

Growth improved from the 1.3 percent rate in the April-June quarter, the Commerce Department said Friday.

The pickup in growth may help President Barack Obama's message that the economy is improving.

US Economic Growth increases

In addition, most Americans feel they are better off now than they were a year ago. More proof the economy is slowly coming out of its crippling malaise from the recession

The following chart illustrates how folks feel about their personal financial situation over the past 7 years

By contrast, in the three election years when Americans were less upbeat than they are today about their finances -- 1976 (33% felt better off), 1980 (30%), and 1992 (34%) -- the incumbent presidents were defeated.

Illustrated here

More Americans feel better than worse off financially

Clearly things are starting to turn around. It would make more sense to stay the course, as Pres. Obama said and continue with the implementations instead of looking to start over from scratch with any unproven methods.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
These charts are so skewed it's hilarious. Of course a large group of Americans think things are getting better, but what they fail to add is that those same damn Americans recently lost everything so anything is an improvement.

The other funny thing is the timing of the release of this information and the fact that at the last fed meeting they didn't revise their numbers to reflect this gain. If you ask me this is just another failed attempt to garner votes before the election. If the last quarter numbers don't reflect this same growth, which I'm sure it will not and these numbers will be later revised down, then it will be obvious what these numbers were generated for.

edit on 10/26/2012 by SpaDe_ because:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
another item that skews the data ... the mirage that home sales are improving...

its only 'improving' because the bankers/investors are buying uo forclosure bound properties to rent out in several areas of the Nation..

if these well off elites and private investor entities did not think the Stock Markets were overpriced they would have remained in equities instead of the down real-estate markets in places like GA. where the prices are such that a 15% return-on-investment is much more attractive than stocks/treasuries

the rising home sales is just an anomaly... a blip on the screen that will disappear in Q4 after suddenly appearing for a few week in Q3'....

another case of massaging the figures & data to make things seem better right before voting...but in time to catch the early voters in the propaganda machine

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Q3 Infinity anyone? Of course the growth rate is going to improve, the gov is buying up everything toxic.

I'm weary because it reeks of agenda. Just like after the first debate and those unemployment numbers came out only to have folks say "Uh oh" later on about the numbers.

Here is a link to a ZeroHedge article on the matter September 30, 2012 US Debt-To-GDP: 102.4%.
edit on 26-10-2012 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
That's probably because there are more fast food "restaurants" and superstores being built. Where else can people work? 1.3% is HARDLY a recovery. Holla back, when we hit at least 50%.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Right on Udio

The blunder of the Q1, 2 and 3, like Udio said it only benefits the banksters and Wall Street, Q3 another bailout for the banksters at a tune of 40 billion dollars a month to stop the next crash of the housing market that have not gotten off the floor since the 2008

When elections are the main reason for the government to lie and claim growth only those that have not clue how the economy works will believe what the clowns working for the corporate dictatorship has to said.

Perhaps we should talk to all those first wave of Obama defense cut American jobless that are now collecting unemployment and about to reach the 19 week limit before they go into the merry go around of Federal mandates to keep them quiet, until the next round hits again in January depending how the elections goes.

Economic growth only if you are a Wall Street pimp or a Bankster

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

They are buying foreclosures because the Fed is giving them 40 billion dollars a month with Q3 to stop another collapse.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I just love to see patriotic Americans cheering on their economy improving.

Too bad I don't see that happening in this thread.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I put this statistic in the same place as I put the Jobs statistic, in the dumpster. The economy is NOT getting better. Most of the people I know are struggling with the bills of daily life. Not buying toys, just surviving.

I own an adventure business that is a pretty darn expensive to not only run and operate but is also quite expensive to do. In Sacramento I can safely say that the economy is down! My retail bookings are at the same levels they were in 2008. Four years of advertising, gaining first place spots on major search engines and I am exactly where I was four years ago in terms of dollars in. That is not growth.

The upside is that I don't struggle to pay my bills and get to do a few fun things a year. NO ONE is doing better this year then last. No one except the already very wealthy that is.......

It will take but one major event and I will have zero income. expensive recreation will be the first thing that gets cut out of peoples lives. As it is the bulk of my clients are in the 250,000+ income bracket. I will neve4r make that much money doing what I do.

Anyone have any great investment ideas? I have over $100,000 in cash on hand and not growing up with money I can't figure out how to parley that money into more money. So I sit here and try to "maintain" my income.

I am going to Costa Rica in November and seeing about moving my business there into a heavy tourist area. Sacramento California is dying a slow and ugly death. It will look like Detroit in ten years at this rate.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I look at this as fuzzy math to daze the drones.

Just like..

Unemployment magically going down ..
Gas prices magically going down ..
And now this?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

i'm sorry that's all i could up with when i read the thread title and the OP's viewpoint.

seriously, where do they come up with this chit???????????????????????????????????

top topics

join