It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea in Nationwide Quasi-State of War (Is this worse than Martial Law?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Source: Link Daily NK

A North Hamkyung Province source reported in a hurried phone call at 9AM, “An order to enter a quasi-state of war came this morning; they said to be on alert and refrain from traveling unnecessarily.”

This appear to be caused by the SouthKorea - US military exercise called "Hoguk" . I hope this will not escalate further.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

These training exercises happen every year, theres nothing to worry about.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Camp Humphreys, Republic of Korea

I figure when the status bar in the upper left of that page changes from Bravo to Charlie or Delta....it's serious and time to focus entirely on Korea for awhile. Until then, I figure the DPRK has these drills just to break up the boredom and keep Dear Leader's soldiers on their toes.

edit on 26-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Err.. name correction.
Sorry Korea.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
They have major training exercises two or three times a year. It's not an issue. NK is just following the propaganda script.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

These training exercises happen every year, theres nothing to worry about.

This year could be different for several reasons, but you might be right.

1) The US and South Korea bombed a North Korea flag on a hillside facing NK. It was a huge incitement meant to invoke anger and retaliation.

2) Kim Jong Il died this year and tensions have been high in the ranks because of the loss. The military has been under a lot of strain keeping things under control and a lot of rhetoric has been circulating about imminent war so they are getting prepared.

3) Food and other necessities have been short this year due to bad harvests. The people are getting restless and joining the military to get fed regularly. They view the South as a land of plenty and would love to take it and get fat.

Add to that the incessant propaganda they are fed and these people are ready for war. Russia has helped them prepare for war and it would be beneficial to Russia for them to attack so they could make more money on conflict just like USA does now all over the world.

I think it is about time for the war to start. I think the NK's are restless and hungry. I think the propaganda has led to deepened hatred of their neighbors to the south as well as America. I think it will happen as soon as Obama is re-elected. I also think Russia is behind this and America is playing along.

On the up side, WE have the power to stop ALL OF THIS! All we have to do is vote for Gary Johnson or any other candidate that is neither Dem or Rep. We could mass upon the capitol and get jailed until they have to fill FEMA camps. They can't build enough FEMA camps to house everyone so they will start martyring Americans. Word will get around quickly and TSWHTF.

I still hold out hope that the young GI's can see through this crap and will not follow orders to fire on American's, but you never know.

new topics

top topics

join