It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Stein Stuns Fox news about Mitt Romney tax cut

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
we need both ... new taxes by closing the loop holes and making it a flat tax

Also when I was born a dollar bought 14 CENTS IN VALUE after being devalued from the 1913 FED beginning....

The government is robbing you blind through inflation not taxation .... yet so many remain a sleep ...

Mr. Franklin would be dismayed.....
edit on 27-10-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: dec

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I've said in a previous post Ben is barking up the wrong tree only taxiing the rich homeowners when it's the Super Mega Rich corporations, 2/3's of which dont pay taxes that we really need to tax.

But what we really need to a new system altogether that allows you to keep every dime you earn. Nobody likes taxes. If the mega rich companies can get away without paying taxes then we should all be exempt from taxes.

We really need to look at federal governments role in it's relationship to the general population and it's relationship to corporations The Gov has gotten way too big and corrupt. It acts like a dictator instead of the mediator between the states it was supposed to be. This has allowed corruption and partnerships with big business to thrive and to control the people.

Unless this changes, we are going down a road that will doom us as a country. Daily we look more and more like George Orwells 1984 and People are getting complacent about it. That's the scary part. Now it's all just part of life.. nothing shocking anymore and people wont fight it. This is what happens when you lose your sovereignty as a nation. It's not really about who should be taxed.. thats only a small part of the overall problem. It's still playing by rules that are meant to shore up someones agenda that's not reflected by the American people.

Who to tax, who to vote for none of it matters. The machine is in motion and you can't stop it. The only thing we can do it get out of the way and watch the country implode on itself.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Also when I was born a dollar bought 14 CENTS IN VALUE after being devalued from the 1913 FED beginning....

The government is robbing you blind through inflation not taxation .... yet so many remain a sleep ...

The ONLY CONSTITUTIONAL TAX is a NATIONAL SALES TAX !
All this talk about a flat tax is pathetic. People need to go back to Constitution School 101 and understand what the framers had in mind for a tax system. Also, we need to repeal the 16th Amendment to put the National Sales Tax in place.

At least with a National Sales Tax, everyone pays the same rate of tax. Rich people will pay more tax on the more expensive toys they buy. The poor only pay the tax when they buy something taxable. Food and medicine should not be taxed at all. The Tax Rate should be set at 8.50% and Congress would not be the authorizing authority to raise or lower that rate, that would be left to the vote by the People (National Referendum). Also, Congress would be subject to the same health care as those not in Congress. They would get no special perks for their service and their service should not be lifetime or career as the framers designed it to be.
edit on 10/27/2012 by Labrynth2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

All this talk about a flat tax is pathetic. People need to go back to Constitution School 101 and understand what the framers had in mind for a tax system. Also, we need to repeal the 16th Amendment to put the National Sales Tax in place.

At least with a National Sales Tax, everyone pays the same rate of tax. Rich people will pay more tax on the more expensive toys they buy. The poor only pay the tax when they buy something taxable. Food and medicine should not be taxed at all. The Tax Rate should be set at 8.50% and Congress would not be the authorizing authority to raise or lower that rate, that would be left to the vote by the People (National Referendum). Also, Congress would be subject to the same health care as those not in Congress. They would get no special perks for their service and their service should not be lifetime or career as the framers designed it to be.
edit on 10/27/2012 by Labrynth2012 because: (no reason given)

The Sixteenth Amendment (Amendment XVI) to the United States Constitution allows the Congress to levy an income tax without apportioning it among the states or basing it on Census results.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Wow - a whole new level of tax-denial stupidity!!

Let's see if you can complete a simple quiz:

1/ Where does this appear:

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You know, it's impossible to read where this thread has gone over the pages and not make an observation.

I'm Middle class, to give context. A few years ago I was upper middle for my area. Now, by a variety of factors, it's lower middle. At least until I work my way back up in a new career.

As a Middle class person, the message I seem to be told is that I should hate two groups.

First I should hate the poor. A bunch of ignorant, lazy, worthless moochers and they do everything possible to take what's mine and bring me down into their level of misery. Hmpf! Doom on the poor!

Second I should hate the rich. A bunch of prissy pansies that have had life handed to them or at least, given breaks and silver spoons up their tails I'll never see in a display case, let alone have up MY fuzzy tail to help.

So basically, I should hate everything ABOVE me while at the same time I should suspect and hate everything BELOW me. I suppose I'd be told to hate ME too, but even TPTB can't figure one out for that yet.

See what it's doing to us though???? Anyone over $250,000 is rich and bad? What the hell?? Any family FARM is worth much more. A WELL built business based on a good WEBSITE is worth more than that. Income itself is gauged in Gross, not net and hell...I already mentioned once as an Owner Operator I was grossing 6 figures annually..while KEEPING less than I made as a company driver.

So my question is...When some have their way and the Rich are "brought down" where they belong, who is it we hate then? Nothing will have been solved. The "rich" don't HAVE 16 trillion dollars and they aren't what did this to us. We'll destroy them if some have it their way though...and THEN WHAT?! When all those rich people paying all those taxes....aren't rich anymore...WHO pays the taxes THEN? Who do we hate when no one is left?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
truth is truth and shall be known

all that is not in harmony with Humanity and Mother Earth shall fall, watch and see

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
It's a different world and time.

That time span Ben Stein mentions, 1941 to 1973, was an era where almost everything was made in the US.
We're talking about good, top quality goods made from high quality material, that were designed to last a lifetime.

We now live in a fast paced, impatient world, continually churning out cheap disposable products.
Having a 70% tax in place won't have the same effect as it did back then.

Yes we live in a world where manufacturing gave way to financial and insurance careers, speculators, hedge fund managers. Companies downsized and fired. I think this is why Ben Stein feels the money has to come from the top based on income. The top 10% of the country. They are the only group that will not be severely and devastatingly impacted by any kind of a tax increase. Any other economic group or part of the country will spiral into a worse situation and we risk a domino effect. This is also why we should be investing in technology and science and infrastructure here at home. Why we should invest in education for the millions of jobs that are out there now that too few Americans are qualified to take.

edit on 28-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

reply to post by newcovenant

IMHO, Ben Stein is just another talking head with his own ideas and opinions. I'm sorry, Ben does not pass muster on what the US Congress or much less the President has to do to fix things.

Even though they are in consensus?

What jobs is Mitt going to get anyone? That's a pipe dream. We better reorganize the tax structure again, you know, like Reagan did in the 80's (shifting taxes from the rich onto the backs of the poor)
We had better change it back and fast, in order to dig our way out of this mess.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Skin in the game. What nonsense. The 47 % are buried under taxes. Sales Tax: federal-state -city- county.
To say that everybody should pay at least something is a good idea. Let's start with Haliburton or Exxon Mobil. The one percent that has all the money should be paying the lions share of the taxes. When I pay more taxes than GE there is something wrong. Remember the French Revolution. It happened when 5% of the population controlled 95% of the money. Their answer was to bring out Madam Guillotine and redistributed the wealth from the "top" down.Apple and the rest of the crew should begin to look over their shoulders. When people have nothing left to lose and are hungry, the poor will rise up . It is time we take the right wing fascists and get rid of them. We are going to have to some time any way. Long live the Revolution!!!

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join