600 killed in Libyan city of Bani Walid

page: 2
7
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralMishka



"If you have had family members and friends disappearing for the last 40 odd years you are bound to have a bit of a chip on the old shoulder"

That justifies many of the terror acts of the past 100 years



So if you have a chip on your shoulder, how is it ok to bring your thoughts via an article to ATS that is biased, and questionable at the least, as fact without checking other sources?

Perhaps you need to check other sources before you bring such crap to the table, or seek counseling for your chip.

In other words, don't take it out on us.




posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralMishka
 


Didn't say it was right or justified, simply that it is understandable. And i stick by that. My experiences whilst working in Libya were of locals terrified of saying the wrong thing, as there were always people watching. They didn't want the knock on the door, followed by "Police" storming in to take you away for "questioning" - and then either never reappearing or coming back badly beaten.

In such circumstances, it is obvious that a fair amount of retribution would be dished out - that is simply normal human behaviour. It isn't right or justified but it is what it is.

Look at violent revolution throughout history - what follows is nearly always some blood letting (unfortunately).



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Originally posted by GeneralMishka



"If you have had family members and friends disappearing for the last 40 odd years you are bound to have a bit of a chip on the old shoulder"

That justifies many of the terror acts of the past 100 years



So if you have a chip on your shoulder, how is it ok to bring your thoughts via an article to ATS that is biased, and questionable at the least, as fact without checking other sources?

Perhaps you need to check other sources before you bring such crap to the table, or seek counseling for your chip.

In other words, don't take it out on us.



huh? Nobody is taking anything out on you sissel. The only thing vexing you is perhaps your lack of reading comprehension, as the RT reporter used the word 'allegedly' in the claim of 600



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralMishka


huh? Nobody is taking anything out on you sissel. The only thing vexing you is perhaps your lack of reading comprehension, as the RT reporter used the word 'allegedly' in the claim of 600


Then why doesn't your thread title say "allegeldy?''

Nobody would have paid attention then, huh?

edit on 26-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel
 


I am pretty sure he copy/pasted the articles title because thats exactly what it says.
Nothing wrong with that, in fact its a requirement on the Breaking News forum.
I know this is the ME forum but im just saying.. its no big deal.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by Sissel
 


I am pretty sure he copy/pasted the articles title because thats exactly what it says.
Nothing wrong with that, in fact its a requirement on the Breaking News forum.
I know this is the ME forum but im just saying.. its no big deal.


This isn't in the breaking news forum.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Originally posted by GeneralMishka


huh? Nobody is taking anything out on you sissel. The only thing vexing you is perhaps your lack of reading comprehension, as the RT reporter used the word 'allegedly' in the claim of 600


Then why doesn't your thread title say "allegeldy?''

Nobody would have paid attention then, huh?

edit on 26-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)


The title of the article was
"'600 killed in Bani Walid fighting in one day' – sources"

I pity victims of the US public school system, as I left out the questionable 'one day' part



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel
 


Did you not see THIS part of my post, huh?
Done with you, all you want to do is argue.



I know this is the ME forum but im just saying.. its no big deal.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by Sissel
 


Did you not see THIS part of my post, huh?
Done with you, all you want to do is argue.



I know this is the ME forum but im just saying.. its no big deal.


Yes, but it isn't breaking news..........so, whatever. I appreciate your posts by the way.





new topics
top topics
 
7
<< 1   >>

log in

join