It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for Feedback on my Comic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Torre

Well I know I won't be working drawing at Marvel or anything obviously, but I don't think its crap. In case you didn't read the OP or don't know the meaning of a first draft, its just roughed out sketches cleaned up a bit with an eraser and hard lines, the final product will look a lot better. And just so you know the real story has only hinted at starting yet, the whole tournament isn't even really part of the story, its a meeting place where individual character stories can merge and interact. Thanks for your thoughts though, the part about saying what I have to say has sparked some thoughts upstairs.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaper

Hey thanks for reading and commenting, I actually kinda like the idea of the evil human system, you've given me something to think about. As for earth I plan on making a side-story comic called History of Earth that will show how current day earth gets to how it is in the comic, and how Mars becomes habitable among other things.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Hey thanks TiM3LoRd, I thought it was a bit harsh too but hey, I have to be open to all comments and critiques right, if anything his/her words have motivated me to do better.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Hey thanks a lot, that means something to me. If I may ask, did you have a favorite part, or character? Anything you didn't like?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth

Gohans face , Tapion(the mohawk fella), saiyan armor, i see a few characters resembling ben 10 aliens, gundam pilot helmets, the one eyed long necked creature has the face from a disney character (dont remember his name) to name a few. ill get pics for reference but im tired n have work in a few

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth

Nice work, thank you for reminding me that ATS has a lot of young people on it.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hey man , really good stuff !

you clearly put alot of time into it , I like the way you introduce characters , the dialogue is really good as well.
I would suggest editing these on adobe illustrator , you can place text into the speech bubbles , find a typeface that you think is suitable and easy to read.

I like your style man , you show promise !
keep going again and again sketch sketch sketch
I love sketching!

Now that you have completed it do it again
this time once your done ink it and it will really come to life !

Also if your looking for some influence about the future and magic, then check out masamune shirow - appleseed , ghost in the shell, Orion my three favourite manga

edit on 27-10-2012 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2012 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

I can see where your coming from on some of those, though I don't know what Ben 10 is or what Disney character you mean. I'll take what you said into consideration when I do the good copies of the character designs, thanks.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

Hey thanks! And thanks for reminding me ATS has old people on it, haha.

P.S. I like your avatar image.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Hey thanks glad you liked it. Yeah I have to draw it again, a few more times probably til I'm completely happy with it, there's a few parts already I want to change, take out or add something. Thanks for the references, I've heard of Appleseed, and I love Ghost in the Shell.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I like Warren.

You have a nice theme goin' there. Fun concept. Great character creation. Nice drawing and good continuity of the characters in various panels. (So tricky to do!) Very nice panels and lines. The fights are fun and it's intriguing to see where you're going to take this.

You might advance the date a coupla hundred + years. I think it's funny how often we see "futuristic" movies and plots placed not too far in the distant future, yet everything is radically different. To me, that seems to just work for apocalyptic tales as everything just has to be destroyed. In your scenario, you have over a billion humans and 3 times as many (heavily varied) aliens in a seemingly developed society on Mars where we are just now scraping some dirt remotely. A great deal happened in those 200 years and we, as a society, haven't even worked out multiple cultures and races of our own genus today. Technology-wise, we're growing like wildfire, but it takes a lot of time, money and effort to implement the newfangled physical buildings and infrastructure on Earth. You have Mars fully developed there.

Also, it's time for new cover art. It comes off a little stiff. You've improved notably in your skills and are ready.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gottaknow

Hey there, I'm with you on the year, I chose it at random honestly when I drew that page, but I have been recently working on the story-line for the side-story comic History of Earth, and yeah the year is going to change for sure for things to fit in. Thanks for reading and giving me your thoughts, appreciated. I also agree the cover needs to be more lively.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I LOVE it, very creative (I also love going to Comic Con, so...). My son used to do a lot of amazing drawings and I hope he puts it to good use and takes it up again like you have. He keeps starting comics, but then gives up, but he's not yet even 15, so there's time.

I really enjoy your cast of characters, that kind of thing always interests me - I really enjoy Sci-Fi movies or shows where they have all these alien creatures, seeing others' imagination at work always pleases me, being an artist myself and really into creating and enjoying what others are doing, also. Can never have too many new creatures, haha. Not into it in real life, just fantasy - not into all that weird stuff they are doing in those secret underground facilities, if you know what I mean - twisted.

I also like the way you have it laid-out, not too confusing. I do have a bit of advice as far as spelling and grammar - have someone really good, like an English teacher, go over your work and do any corrections before you finalize. Words such as truly (not truely), and you're (you are - rather than your) could be corrected. Those details will give your comic more polish. Not trying to be the spelling troll, just thought I'd give you advice. I'm a born proofreader, but I don't use it to bash anyone - wonderful work - keep it up.

edit on 27-10-2012 by saintinwaiting because: forgot to add something

edit on 27-10-2012 by saintinwaiting because: grammar edit

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Very talented. You should go for it. The curse words won't fly with publishers so you may as well change it yourself or they will and you won't have control over it. The hero is a bit too cute for my taste, since he is a killer/warrior maybe make him handsome but with some character befitting a real warrior. A scar, bit more chiseled face? The sword in the time period you ascribe should have magical powers i would think, otherwise it is not believable for the time period. I liked it. I assume you are looking for critique so there ya go. There is no doubt you have talent. Stay at it and good luck!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by saintinwaiting

Hey thanks for your comments, I hope you son keeps drawing, he's still has tons of time, practice is key though.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Hey thanks for reading and all your thoughts, I think the hero your talking about is one of the swordsmen fighters right? Without giving away too much I'll just say that those three guys at this point in the story are slaves and are being forced to fight, so they're not necessarily warriors. And even though it is futuristic time period the swords are pretty normal, a super strong metal but not magic, the crowd likes these barbaric battles.
haha.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth
reply to post by MajorKarma

Hey thanks! And thanks for reminding me ATS has old people on it, haha.

P.S. I like your avatar image.

Okay, since you have such a good attitude, I am going to give you some free advice which unlike most will be worth something.

Your drawing is fine an can be enhanced and expanded upon once digitized. What you need to think about is the character and persona of each of your characters, draw more and remain in character for each of these characters. Don't mess up your original drawing with text, you can perfect the story later. Above all, draw more..constantly. then,at some point bring it together into an interesting, well written story that you can add or remove drawing to tie all together. Think twice about drawing your characters together on a page...better to draw them individually and brought together digitally. Try using transparencies to do your drawing. Learn from animators like from Disney: 50mostinfluentialdisneyanimators.wordpress.com... because that is where the careers are
www.disneyanimation.com...

Okay, there is some free advice.

edit on 29-10-2012 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Torre

wow, harsh bro.

maybe next time a simple "i don't like it" would work.

absolutely no reason to insult the man for a project he has obviously poured a lot of time and effort into.

<< 1  2   >>

join