It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Niagara County "Boom" being reported by many.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Reports are flooding in all across Niagara County & into Erie County and Canada about an unexplained boom last night. The nearest power plant is a coal one & we also have an air force base in Niagara Falls. I did not hear it myself, just had calls from neighbors regarding it. From what I have read, it seems close to the lake and near the eastern portion of the county. This is not the first unexplained noise in our area. I posted about the same thing back in April. (ATS thread @ www.abovetopsecret.com...

WIVB Story

WGRZ Story

WNYorker Story

On Facebook, you can find the discussion regarding the noise at -
WGRZ Facebook and WIVB Facebook

edit on 26/10/2012 by lynn112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

Last time I heard a 'boom' like that, it turned out to have been related to an earthquake. Don't know the process, but I imagine it's fairly well known by the experts.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

We do have a fault line here, but nothing registered on the earthquake site. Could it be a warning of one to come? We have had small ones before.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hmm, interesting. We live in Niagara Co and I have to admit to not hearing anything here. The escarpment is about a block from our home... so if that thing let's go we are in for a world of hurt! We will be meeting up with some friends later today so I will ask around to see if anyone heard it.

Thanks for the heads up, I would have missed it otherwise since I totally missed the local news this morning and will most likely miss it this evening as well.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Looks like we have a reason for the noise, earthquake.usgs.gov...

2.5 quake hit Olcott, NY this morning.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112
Looks like we have a reason for the noise, earthquake.usgs.gov...

2.5 quake hit Olcott, NY this morning.

Olcott? What an odd place for an earthquake even a small one like a 2.5. I was unaware of any faultlines that ran through that town. Interesting none the less and thank you for taking the time to follow up on it.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I live in Lockport, we were in bed asleep last night at 12:45am. We heard nothing and the windows in the house were all open due to the nice weather yesterday. However we did wake up around that time last night so perhaps that's what woke us.

I see that you posted a link saying that it was an earthquake in Olcott. I find that somewhat hard to believe as I know of no faultline up there. That is at least 10 miles from the escarpment(I live almost on top of it). There are earthquakes deep underground in WNY all the time and nobody ever hears anything. That's why the earthquake center is located at the University of Buffalo and not in California.

I would be willing to guess that a military plane went supersonic over Lake Ontario last night for some reason, and they don't want to admit it.After all any damage to homes would make them liable for damages. I think that this is a coverup, and I don't believe the earthquake thing for a minute.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I've lived in this area my entire life & can't recall any earthquakes in Olcott, but the usg site says they happen. I guess we just don't normally feel them. Laern something new every day.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

I agree that it is odd. I checked the usg site earlier and didn't see anything, but I'm not sure how long it takes to confirm one. I also find it odd that it is not listed as centered on the escarpment (Lockport, Gasport, etc.), since I thought that was our "active" fault line. (I say active loosely because it doesn't really produce much)

My first instinct was it was something at the Somerset power plant, but this earthquake will be called the reason, even if it isn't.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

Actually the escarpment is very active, there are quakes along it every day,hence the earthquake center at UB. The thing is that they happen so deep underground that we never feel them ,but they detect them at UB.

I'm more inclined to believe it was a military jet as that has happened before over the lake. if there is any damage to homes, the military is liable for those damages which can be quite expensive for them. Back in the day when we had a fighter wing at the falls airbase it was quite common. Fighters still stop to refuel there from time to time, so i think that it could have been one of them.

I've spent the majority of my 58 years in WNY having been born here, and I don't ever recall any earthquakes along the Lake Ontario shore line. While there are several small fault lines that go under the lake , there are none under Olcott.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

We do have a fault line here, but nothing registered on the earthquake site. Could it be a warning of one to come? We have had small ones before.

Nothing registered on the earthquake site because the boom probabily from the Meteor that came down
on Oct 24 & 25,26 in that area here the thread on it
The number we are seeing and hearing is on the increase

www.abovetopsecret.com...
lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.ca...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

There were no local reports of any meteor siteings any where in this area.As the weather was quite nice, I would think that some one would have seen something. As there are no reports I would think that whatever meteor was in the area was not responsible for the sound.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
reply to post by Trillium

There were no local reports of any meteor siteings any where in this area.As the weather was quite nice, I would think that some one would have seen something. As there are no reports I would think that whatever meteor was in the area was not responsible for the sound.

Sorry but what about these
Initial Meteor Sighting Reports-

25OCT2012 Ryan Keswick, Ontario, Canada 2140 Eastern 2-4 seconds Facing North, object was seen NW moving NE Bright Yellow Brighter than Venus Yes, some parts fragmenting behind Object was very visible in the sky, even with lights from the town

25OCT2012 davies Barrie, Ontario, Canada 21:50:00 3 seconds facing north it looked like it fell down to the ground white no sound very bright white it looked like it had a long tail of white sparks it looked very close like it would have fallen within 20 kms north of barrie

25OCT2012 MCLAREN Keswick, Ontario,Canada 2145 / eastern time 4 sec North west to north east White comet like object bright More than stars/planets less than moon No Looked like a comet as it fell, white light, may have fell intact to earth.

25OCT2012 Shauna Kelly Toronto, Ontario, Canada 21:00:00 6sec North Bright white/yellow Moon Long trail Brightest I have ever seen
lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.ca...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Lockport here as well, didn't feel a thing though. I was in the tub of hotness about that time last night though so it would have had to been pretty big to feel it. And to anyone local the entire escarpment around here is a fault line, which happens to be where my house is located upon
. But house has been here since the 1800s so that helps on the comfort thing lol....

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I'm Lockport as well, Low town to be more specific. Escarpment is a block away and my house has been here since 1910.

Sorry but what about these
Initial Meteor Sighting Reports-

25OCT2012 Ryan Keswick, Ontario, Canada 2140 Eastern 2-4 seconds Facing North, object was seen NW moving NE Bright Yellow Brighter than Venus Yes, some parts fragmenting behind Object was very visible in the sky, even with lights from the town

25OCT2012 davies Barrie, Ontario, Canada 21:50:00 3 seconds facing north it looked like it fell down to the ground white no sound very bright white it looked like it had a long tail of white sparks it looked very close like it would have fallen within 20 kms north of barrie

25OCT2012 MCLAREN Keswick, Ontario,Canada 2145 / eastern time 4 sec North west to north east White comet like object bright More than stars/planets less than moon No Looked like a comet as it fell, white light, may have fell intact to earth.

25OCT2012 Shauna Kelly Toronto, Ontario, Canada 21:00:00 6sec North Bright white/yellow Moon Long trail Brightest I have ever seen

Those are not local to Olcott. Closest one is Barrie. Still pretty far away. The sound was supposedly local to Olcott. Toronto is futher away than I am.
edit on 10/26/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
And next we have the crap from the Hurricane coming next week. Gonna be another strange weather year. Last time we got the tail end of a hurricane we lost a huge tree in the front yard, only one left now so we shall see if we lose this one this time. Which would be great because it's on city property and they refuse to remove it and it drops all sorts of spiders and branches all over our house and car.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I hear ya this storm is going to be epic and quite possibly will cause a huge amount of damage. I'm thinking that it may be worse than the October suprise a few years ago. Damn thing is gonna come in and park it's butt over the Lakes.Wonder if the boom was Haarp warming up for the meeting of the three storms?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
sounds more like a deep crackling in the sky

not exactly thunder though, more lingering.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Have we ever considered that the coal plant or air base has something to do with it? I mean things go "boom" in there all the time.

But who knows, I suppose.

top topics

join