It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morons, your bus is leaving. To all the Obama&Romney fanboys and girls, this is for you.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Originally posted by Sovaka

Originally posted by spacedoubt
If they don't, call their office and register a complaint, Some of them still listen.

And what do you do if they don't "listen" anymore?
What do you do when they don't "listen" to your complaint?

Your last line of defense is calling their office and complaining?

Yes, well, I can see that tactic has worked so well with all the other corrupt criminals in "office".

C'mon man, how can you say that your vote still counts for the smaller guys?
The second they are in a position of power, they either meld into the fold or resist and don't get a say in anything.

I didn't say calling was a last line of defense. I merely said some of them still listen.
I know they do, I've even been called back, and talked to them personally.. If they don't put their money where their mouth is. You get involved in the process and canvass for a different person the next time they are up for re-election. That's the process. I'm talking about state level assembly, or City council members. Or the DA, or the Mayor. Local level politics, where all real politics still happens. Depending on the size of your town, these people have to look their constituents in the eyes.
If you have local news outlets that still do real journalism, you have another route as well.

I'm lucky enough to know some of our local people personally, When I say lucky, I mean I can talk to them face to face sometimes. It doesn't mean I agree with them, just that I have a chance to give an opinion.
Some of the actually give a crap, believe it or not.

In short, I am saying even the little guy can have an effect on local politics. It's too bad so many of those "little guys" care more about the football game, or Dancing with the stars. Then later whine about the system not working.

You are right, and I have friends (the OP would likely include in that group he/she despises) who DO make the calls, Do meet representatives Face to Face, and occasionally DO help the cause of 'Change', and Do keep me appraised so I can also act.
*To the OP* >>>>
Not everybody can devote the time needed for all the battle at hand, but do their part by encouragement and support to those who can. Some of 'US' are seniors who have spent a lifetime demonstrating and fighting the 'evils' and some of us are now too old to follow in the battle, our day has come and gone, never the less, we did our share. To call us morons is a bit.......... condescending at best, and an attack at least. It's fairly easy to stand on a pedestal and cast insults, but less easy to be accurate from your 'enlightened observation point'.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by Renegade2283
Thank you. Somebody needed to say it.

When I first joined this site I thought everybody was already on to this mindless form of seperatism that paints the illusion of choice. I was dead wrong.

Anyways, thanks again for saying what many of us were thinking, S+F

We are a small minority within a small minority. But it was getting too much to take and I had to say something.

edit on 27-10-2012 by lapi7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Hoo Rah!!! Finally some one who can see....

Was beginning to feel rather lonely out here in the cold. The whole thing is a freak show to distract/entertain the sheeple. And the outcome for TPTB is guaranteed no matter who wins. They always get their puppet...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
reply to post by iRoyalty

Ron Paul offers the financial system of the 3rd world, (free market) and he isn't very diff from all the other republicans.

Wow... just... wow.
I am struggling as to wether or not to even respond to these few comments. I just don't think you would get it.
OK. I will give it a try...
Who, or where do you get the evidence even, that a free market is the basis for a 3rd world financial system? Do you really have a clue what your talking about, or did you just hear or read that somewhere... or maybe one of your friends said it.
Did you know that our country was founded on free markets and a gold standard?
Do you know what it means to devalue a currency?
Nobody else on the republican primary stage had a clue either...
I would venture to guess that you don't know a thing about Ron Paul, except for what your friends have told you. If that is your basis for learning then you are lost.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

*yawn*

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat

*yawn*

Oh hello there. You seem to be lost. All this logic and common sense must be quite disorienting. A yawn is a way for the body to gain more oxygen to the brain in order to maintain focus. You might be better off on one of those political threads. I think you will find the subject matter easier to digest. Good luck with it all.
edit on 27-10-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I am voting for Obama only because I have an 88 year old mother who gets her chemo from medicaid, and the Ryan budget is a death sentence for her. But I don't like Obama, and I really dislike Romney. But truthfully there isn't a whole lot of difference between the two. One guy wants to throw money at all our problems, the other guy wants to ignore them.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
reply to post by iRoyalty

Ron Paul offers the financial system of the 3rd world, (free market) and he isn't very diff from all the other republicans.

Ron Paul is a corporatist who wants to make the world safe for corporations. and get rid of all the pesky laws and regulations that protect the serfs. He advocates no less than feudalism by the haves over the have nots.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Wasting your vote on dems or reps means Rothschild and the bankers will keep robbing you. Rothschild owns both parties. Please start using your own brain and vote against dems and reps.
The brainwashing is now in maximum mode to convince you that one party is worse than the other and that it makes a difference to you which one wins. This is a lie. Both of them are going to rob you to make the elite richer. They are going to dwell on social issues to make you believe that one of these corrupt parties will do the right thing for the issues that concern you. They have spent millions to dream up the best way to lie to you to drill this into your brain and force you to choose between their puppets.
They make you believe that abortion or gay marriage or college transcripts or tax returns are extremely important matters and they pick your pockets while you beat each other up about your philosophical differences over these matters. Women who are long past menopause tell us that government can't tell them what to do with their bodies and make some of us laugh at the inanity. In reality, nobody is telling this to women but it has been turned into an issue to distract you from being robbed by the banks. This causes you to think it's important to choose the women's body protection party. The other party makes you think that the taxes from your paycheck are paying for sluts so you have to vote against the sluts while bankers rob you. It's all nonsense.
We can beat the dems and reps and throw them out of our lives forever if we understand that we have to vote against both of them to reclaim our freedom.
If you write me in, I'll use our military against the bankers and we'll destroy everything they've done against our freedom. Write-in votes have to be counted by hand and they can't be altered by rigged machines. If you can't cast write-in votes where you live, please vote for anyone besides a dem or a rep. Voting against then is the only way to stop them from robbing us.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Great thread! I also find this hilarious, you see all these people in here bashing Obama for everything and then say that Romney would be much better even though they know how he got rich and how he got where he is (lying and corruption). Romney will bring nothing new to the table, it will be the same thing again, but I guess you guys would be ok with it as long as Obama is out.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I believe that this sums it up about as perfectly as possible.

Warning: EXTREME GRAPHIC LANGUAGE & TRUTH WHICH MAY PERSONALLY DISPLEASE SOME.

edit on 29-10-2012 by lapi7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If only the "BUS" would take them somewhere else,, then the rest of us might have a chance...
sad sad, sad

The Mind Control is too strong... Unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that They will get what they want,,, either 4 more Obama or 4 more Romney who will repeat Bush,,, and so,,,,

survival time boys and girls,,, the end it is upon us,, and we must thank our spineless,, mindless countrymen and women who don't realize they are THE PROBLEM if either are voted in. I hold them responsible,, and will know I am guilt free when the SHTF... which it will RIGHT AFTER ELECTIONS...

So,, Sandy is a Prelude people,,,
Prepare for the END,,,, You helped to create it if you were on this BUS.

Great OP.... Writing my thoughts exactly. S&F.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just as an aside to my comment above,,, after posting it,, immediately went to RECENT POSTS,,, to look at where it fell between in conversations here,,, and LO!! No where to be seen... did it again,,, nothing,,, looked all up and down list,,,, no mention,,, of this thread......\

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... makes me wonder even more about ATS.... I don't like thinking bad things about my FAVORITE SITE on the WEB.... but seriously,,,

\here goes again,,, lets see if this shows up??

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

IT DID NOT,,, Can anyone explain??

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

WOW,, DIdn't realize this was an OFF TOPIC THREAD!!!! So wrong!! so it did show up,,,, might as well been in the trash can.... good grief ATS

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23

WOW,, DIdn't realize this was an OFF TOPIC THREAD!!!! So wrong!! so it did show up,,,, might as well been in the trash can.... good grief ATS

It was a rant and regardless how poignant or close to the truth is they will not post it in any of the other forums. Its the rules and Im cool with that. I just wish more people would understand this most basic point im trying to make, which is that as long as people participate in the illusion of choice they really have no choice.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'm not even sure if I want to go out and vote this year with such BS in the air.

I'll go independent or green i guess.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lapi7

I believe that this sums it up about as perfectly as possible.

Warning: EXTREME GRAPHIC LANGUAGE & TRUTH WHICH MAY PERSONALLY DISPLEASE SOME.

edit on 29-10-2012 by lapi7 because: (no reason given)

Why do we not have people like George Carlin anymore?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Because people are too scared to tell the truth.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

This needs to change.

But Carlin did say something about that:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join