It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morons, your bus is leaving. To all the Obama&Romney fanboys and girls, this is for you.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

These Rotting threads that clog up this fantastic and innovative site with the same repetitive tripe and mud slinging is beyond a joke.

Agreed. Look on the bright side though... at least they are all in one place and not clogging the rest of the site with that crap. Like on YouTube when Howard Camping bots were everywhere wailing, "It's the end of the world". Or every other YouTube comment was, "RON PAUL 2012!!!"

Hey wait! Is this an anti-political campaign thread? Curses! Hood winked again!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Hey wait! Is this an anti-political campaign thread? Curses! Hood winked again!

This is an anti being a brain dead moron thread. nothing more nothing less.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
We should start a countdown thread for the elections...

I don't know about anyone else, but I am *tired* of ads, radio spots, uneducated coworkers and family members voicing their opinions like they are doing the sermon on the mount.

I don't even live in a swing state and it's getting to be a bit much. I wonder if there will be people that are so fed up they won't vote at all?

Let's be realistic...we all know (or should) that American politics are just two sides of the same coin. I guess it comes down to which side of the coin you find prettier.

I think if they gave out free food at polling places, we might have a bigger turn out.

"Punch and pie!"

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
S&F for the 'Groundhog Day' reference

I very much agree with what you have said, as I have wanted to start a thread saying the exact same thing.
Reading through the posts I have already seen 1 or 2 posts mentioning a vote towards the non left right paradigm in this very thread.

It is very sad how entrenched this mindset is; that when someone who agrees with your words, yet still doesn't have the complete grasp of them.

Let me paraphrase, let me repeat what I have been saying all along;
YOUR VOTE DOES NOT COUNT!

It doesn't matter where you put it, it does not count.

You want real change, you can only do 1 of these 2 things... Perhaps both, depending on the order in which you do them;
1.) Don't Vote - Get as many people as you know to commit to a NO VOTING stance. (In some countries like Australia it is very hard to do this as we get FINED for NOT voting. But, $55 is pittance to show your Government that you aren't playing their game anymore. And if you all stand fast, you all can take the Government to court afterwards.)
2.) Get a large group of people together, organize a large rally (Talking at least 100,000 - 250,000) of people, walk to your capitol and DEMAND them all resign. - Why not? Iceland did it?

The only real CHANGE you can BELIEVE in, is the change YOU enforce.
Words are wind.

Act and we shall win the day.
edit on 26/10/2012 by Sovaka because: Grammar

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It really is a harbinger of American Idol, season 99.
Yadda yadda vote for me, because I am different than the other corporate sponsored suit.
I am different because I wear a blue tie and the other guy wears a different blue tie.
The canned-idates are prepackaged, like an annoying top 40 pop group.
At least at the upper tier.

However...All hope is not lost..At least not yet.

There are local issues and people that still make it worth going to the polls, in my opinion. Where one person, one vote, is actually true. It's the main reason I still participate. Get people in at the lower levels that mostly agree with your point of view. Then keep an eye on them. Make sure they behave in a way that doesn't give you buyer's remorse. Make sure they push the platform that got them elected. If they don't, call their office and register a complaint, Some of them still listen.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
If they don't, call their office and register a complaint, Some of them still listen.

And what do you do if they don't "listen" anymore?
What do you do when they don't "listen" to your complaint?

Your last line of defense is calling their office and complaining?

Yes, well, I can see that tactic has worked so well with all the other corrupt criminals in "office".

C'mon man, how can you say that your vote still counts for the smaller guys?
The second they are in a position of power, they either meld into the fold or resist and don't get a say in anything.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka

If they don't, call their office and register a complaint, Some of them still listen.

And what do you do if they don't "listen" anymore?
What do you do when they don't "listen" to your complaint?

Your last line of defense is calling their office and complaining?

Yes, well, I can see that tactic has worked so well with all the other corrupt criminals in "office".

C'mon man, how can you say that your vote still counts for the smaller guys?
The second they are in a position of power, they either meld into the fold or resist and don't get a say in anything.

I didn't say calling was a last line of defense. I merely said some of them still listen.
I know they do, I've even been called back, and talked to them personally.. If they don't put their money where their mouth is. You get involved in the process and canvass for a different person the next time they are up for re-election. That's the process. I'm talking about state level assembly, or City council members. Or the DA, or the Mayor. Local level politics, where all real politics still happens. Depending on the size of your town, these people have to look their constituents in the eyes.
If you have local news outlets that still do real journalism, you have another route as well.

I'm lucky enough to know some of our local people personally, When I say lucky, I mean I can talk to them face to face sometimes. It doesn't mean I agree with them, just that I have a chance to give an opinion.
Some of the actually give a crap, believe it or not.

In short, I am saying even the little guy can have an effect on local politics. It's too bad so many of those "little guys" care more about the football game, or Dancing with the stars. Then later whine about the system not working.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What do you think homeland security was set up for??? Terrorists across the ocean??? They are there for when people get sick of their puppets and decide to take action, now it is too late because you are already a terrorist and will be locked up or killed if you try anything.... Welcome to the new America...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Yep, and it was done in a "frog in the slowly boiling pot of water" style. Many of these security laws were passed even before the heat was cranked up by 9-11. Cameras everywhere, only for red light runners, and traffic control of course, right? We'll never use them for other purposes. Another example would be those easy pass toll cards, or whatever they call them, for getting through toll roads quicker...Those will never be used for other purposes..right?
Or your SS number...no one will ever ask for that number..It's only for use after you reach a certain age. Now, it might a well be a tattoo on your forehead.
Those are just simple examples, but we let this happen, one nibble at a time...And now there is a big bite out of our personal sandwich.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Yep, and it was done in a "frog in the slowly boiling pot of water" style. Many of these security laws were passed even before the heat was cranked up by 9-11. Cameras everywhere, only for red light runners, and traffic control of course, right? We'll never use them for other purposes. Another example would be those easy pass toll cards, or whatever they call them, for getting through toll roads quicker...Those will never be used for other purposes..right?
Or your SS number...no one will ever ask for that number..It's only for use after you reach a certain age. Now, it might a well be a tattoo on your forehead.
Those are just simple examples, but we let this happen, one nibble at a time...And now there is a big bite out of our personal sandwich.

Exactly right... now there is a big bite out of our collective sandwich and who the hell do you suppose took that bite?....

Thats right.. your friendly neighborhood politician did. He did so by supporting the status quo, by joining the problem not walking away from it.

You cant change the system from within. It will change YOU!!

The EGO might try to convince you otherwise but its a pipe dream. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. I have yet to see an example of this NOT happening so excuse me if I dont buy into the BS that is Politics, local or federal.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Exactly right... now there is a big bite out of our collective sandwich and who the hell do you suppose took that bite?....

Thats right.. your friendly neighborhood politician did. He did so by supporting the status quo, by joining the problem not walking away from it.

The EGO might try to convince you otherwise but its a pipe dream. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. I have yet to see an example of this NOT happening so excuse me if I dont buy into the BS that is Politics, local or federal.

I am sick of the politicians getting the blame for the direction this country is headed toward.... Guess what, the American people voted for these scum bags, but don't want to admit that they helped cause the problems we're having now....... Just look at the idiots voting Obama/Romney.... They literally have no idea about their policies or agendas but love being lied to because it makes them feel good....

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5

I am sick of the politicians getting the blame for the direction this country is headed toward.... Guess what, the American people voted for these scum bags, but don't want to admit that they helped cause the problems we're having now....... Just look at the idiots voting Obama/Romney.... They literally have no idea about their policies or agendas but love being lied to because it makes them feel good....

Of course the people are to blame.

but the only they can be blamed for is being too stupid to see past their own nose. A stupid person cant help that they are stupid. Its unfortunate but thats the reality of it.

The politicians are nothing more than opportunistic scavengers that use the majority to get what they want. They do the bidding of their overlords and masters the corporate elite for a slice of the pie. You think they are innocent lmao.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
One of the most eloquently phrased rants I've read in quite a long time...

I also agree with what you're saying. There are two popular brands of dried horse manure- one box is Republican Shredded Wheat, the other Democrat Shredded Wheat. Both claim to taste great and be good for you. They're made in the same factory. A lot of people keep buying the same brand of dried horse poo somehow hoping the next box will taste better.

I've given up trying to understand this.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I never said politicians are innocent, they are the biggest scum on the planet along with lawyers.... I guess I can't blame the American people for being stupid either, they were conditioned to be that way afterall...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I Come here daily and see the same beaten horse carcass covered in flies and stinking up the joint with its decaying and acrid funk. I am speaking of the insanity of left vs right debate of course.

These Rotting threads that clog up this fantastic and innovative site with the same repetitive tripe and mud slinging is beyond a joke. I know the site owners dont give a crap of as long as people keep coming here by the droves so that they can get paid for the advertising and I say why should they. they are providing the platform and look at what we are doing with it. Typical humans, give them a highly complex machine capable of amazing feats of discovery and watch them bash walnuts open with it.

The fact that all political parties are rotten to the core and dont give a dam about the average citizen seems to be lost on these collective geniuses. No, they are quite content in the delusion that THIS time the people they elect will actually do what they PROMISED they would do BEFORE they were elected....THIS TIME FOR SURE...

Some of you clowns deserve every bit of the suffering you endure at your own ineptitude. I feel no sympathy nor pity for you. Who I do sympathize and pity are people like myself who are dragged kicking and screaming along for the ride because the majority are too stupid to realize the real power they have as a conglomerate.

You brainless zombies blindly following illusionary political ideals are a cancer on society. And I for one look forward to the day when you wake up on your hands and knees crying to your so called leaders asking them why they have forsaken you.

Bravo, sir. My thoughts exactly.

What's even more ridiculous, is just how far some people are willing to go to protect the false paradigms they cling to. Truly a strange sort of stockholm syndrome.

I've lost friends who I thought were above such pettiness because they couldn't handle my comments about the left and right being two sides of the same coin.

Unfortunately I've become fairly apathetic about the whole thing. I don't claim that apathy is a good thing (I think it's terrible) but lately I've just become so disillusioned with the current state of affairs that I've pretty much given up hope that we'll ever see positive change. Just waiting for the world to light itself on fire at this point. I suppose I shouldn't be so cynical but it's hard not to be cynical when so many people willingly walk around with blinders on, and will even fight to keep wearing them.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I dont blame you in the least for the feelings of apathy and disillusionment. Given the state of affairs in the world how could you live day to day without numbing yourself from the obvious path we are all been forced to march down.

I myself have lost faith in humanity but not lost hope for the planet. Hopefully there will be a shake up and this time around the species will get it right or the cycle will start all over again.

Do not doubt that we as a species have been down this road before and failed. I see the same cycle repeating, the problem invariably comes down to the mentally unstable psychopaths in power. Its a viscous cycle where in only those who are running from themselves or some trauma they have faced in their childhood seek out power because they feel they are lacking in it and so must possess it in order to feel safe.

This in turn conditions them to take a " win at all costs" mentality which combined with greed and envy gives you the modern archetype for a successful business man or politician. These people once reaching the upper echelons of power have become now addicted to the feeling of power which is in itself a chemical dependence in the brain and so they need to get their FIX in anyway they can. So murder, robbery, lies and blackmail. Sound like a heroin junkie??? politicians are just junkies in Armani suits.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Yes, but there is only one going in as president ! So we can squawk about how passionate people on both sides are. One side must be more right than the other for one to get in. Because one of both will have access to life and death situations and I would have to say those are serious issues.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Apparently you are looking for stars and flags
ATS Made Simple
So what are you doing that is so special to change the system that we should pay attention to anything you say?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
Apparently you are looking for stars and flags
ATS Made Simple
So what are you doing that is so special to change the system that we should pay attention to anything you say?

What am I doing? Im not going to engage in stupid discussions about political ideologies that have no bearing in the real world. I made a thread to make people aware of the pointlessness of such actions. Better what I'm doing than what people are NOT doing which is using their brains to think about their actions and why they do what they do.

Question is what are YOU doing apart from making pointless 2 line comments. I dont suppose you have an opinion on the OP?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The quote that, people get the government that they deserve, has never been more appropriate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join