It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

notes from the journey

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

You are neither right or wrong, thoughts are not what you are they are only what appear inside you and are illusionary by nature. There is nothing wrong with thoughts or nothing right, when you have this clear, gradually you become clear of the power that thoughts can exert over you. You are not two nor are we two. To believe so is confused thought alone. The true you knows and sees everything as it is, thought sees everything in the way that thought want to see it. A critical thought sees everything critically, the perfectionist thought sees everything through the eye of perfectionism. Like this on and on with every thought. Contemplation is not thought and thoughts ye are not. Weather you believe this truth matters not to truth.
edit on 26-10-2012 by ancientthunder because: missing word

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I agree.

We are not the thoughts, we are the soul. We observe the world, we see without judgement.
The Ego judges, the ego see individuality. It does not allow to see the world as it is, it makes us see the world the way the Ego/thoughts want to see it. We identify with the Ego, so we think we are our body/mind.

The soul however sees the everything as One. It observes. It allows. It sees beyond the illusions. It has no identification, it just is. The real us, is the soul.

I have been struggling with the Ego for a while, and I've learned not to identify with the Ego, but with the soul instead.
To observe the Ego or Thoughts, you feel more at peace, because you no longer identify with it.

To allow and observe is the Way of the Peaceful Warrior.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Risingfall

lo and behold the way of the peaceful warrior and the natural armor of the shinning soul, the wisdom rider whose mare rises up to the noble path. Wherever it goes, matters not for its gallop shows the pride of the everlasting. Thanks for yours.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Very nice Mr. Thunder. I agree.

reply to post by Risingfall

How about you not only include the soul, the ego and the memory in your reflections, but also the body as well and everything contained within and everything it expresses? We are, indeed, all of it.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The mind begins with flawed input and proceeds to inaccurate output. We need it for the simple things, contemplation is the dog chasing it's tail, it works for a while

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Yes that is true depending on where you are and how you are. Contemplation with hunger attached (the dog chasing its own tail) always leads back to the exact same spot. On the other hand contemplation with true acceptance and thus detachment, cuts through what is seen. That is liberating and also has to be practiced to be known.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

I am my thoughts. I don't know why anyone would try to separate thoughts from one's self?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

I am my thoughts. I don't know why anyone would try to separate thoughts from one's self?

Prior to thought you are.
Can you tell what the next thought will be?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

yes i can

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Go on then please tell what your 'next' thought will be.
I don't want to know what your present thought is - i want to know what your 'next' thought will be.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

now

now

now

now

refute my truth of now.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

This is a present (now) thought.
I want your 'next' thought.
As you look for the 'next' thought you might notice that there is nothing there.
That nothing is the truth.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

This is a present (now) thought.
I want your 'next' thought.

The now is the now...each now is now. If im thinking and chanting to myself Now...then my next thought is Now.
How can you deny this logic?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

I don't understand you, 'nowagain? I'm a thinking being. The "I" is thought.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

I don't understand you, 'nowagain? I'm a thinking being. The "I" is thought.

Thinking (thought) is an appearance that appears and is known.
You are the knower of thought - you are the one that knows the appearance.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

The question you ask is not relevant because the reality is now...all that can exist is now. Proove me wrong.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

What question are you refering to?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

your saying we cant know our next thought. Its a irrelevant question because all that exists is right now. The idea of the future is a conceptual idea.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

It was not me claiming to know what my next thought will be.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

It was not me claiming to know what my next thought will be.

no you were making an argument its not possible to know what your next thought will be. The argument is futile because all there is is this very moment.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join