It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic-Gravity powered LED free energy device Collaboration project ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Maybe hook up a big Dunking Duck to a crank generator?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by Ghostfreak1

things do not work differently out in space, they work the same everywhere.

Are you on the outside of a spaceship? No? Than why would spin be needed to "simulate" gravity?

It is quite simple, it is even taught in grade school here in the US, it is a force called "centripidal force".

As described in my above post, just like putting water on a ball and spinning it, what does the water do? It flies away.

When your inside a spinning spaceship, your being pushed away because of the spin, but you can't fly away as your inside of it. So it forces you to the wall, at a rate that increases with the angular momentum( speed of the spin).

It is in no way gravity, and has absolutely nothingg to do with it.

As I have just explained, on earth we are on the suface being pushed out by the spin ( water on a ball) and gravity overcomes this and still holds us down. In a spaceship we are on the inside, so the spin cannot throw us away, and we remain trapped inside, only pushed to the walls, to "simulate" gravity.

Wrong thread cupcake.. Read the OP

I have experimented with the magnets and all you need do is add more powerful ones and the LED light gets brighter and brighter ! This has no effect on the spin of the wheel, when will this effect plateau or is it possible to keep scaling it up?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ghostfreak1 - Honestly man those last few posts are not doing you any favors. Best to have people assume you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubts. Not trying to attack you but man, your knowledge of physics is atrocious.

Right back to the OP and free energy topic: this is not a very good example of free energy, but it is a start.

Consider that bubbles in water and the displacement of it can produce more energy than it takes to create, by a significant margin. So if you can do it with just water and bubbles of air you can definitely do it with magnets.

The concept rumors and ideas of free energy via magnets goes all the way back to the Model T first production run, wherein a rumor (with the proof now lost to history and time) was that the engine had a receptacle for a u-shaped magnet, and when placed in the engine it could run without petrol via interacting with the engine's magneto. Details are sketchy but I recall this story way, way back when I was a kid, and I researched it later in life and found myself deep into websites full of various stories in newspaper microfiche and such about it.

I'm sure there is a way. I don't think this is particularly it though.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rolfharriss

Try reading some of the posts in this thread, "cupcake". I was responding to another members statement about gravity being caused by spin. He misunderstands the science involved so I was showing him his error, so he might be able to deny his ignorance.

I just don't see this working out though, as unlike most of the others with fixed magnets on a spinning wheel, this one uses a ball bearing running along a wheels interior, which imparts more friction than the other concepts I have seen.

Scaling it up, will only cause even more friction, using a bigger magnet to increase power would also only add more friction, as the force imparted to the wheel as it is pulled to the magnet would increase.

Not saying I am right of course, as this is the first one of this style I have seen, and haven't really investigated much yet. But I am not seeing an overunity device.

I am seeing another version of the same old novelty type item that is cool to look at, but not really good for much else.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

I also read and researched the model-T rumors, I thought it very interesting indeed. It never led anywhere but sites without any proof, only stories, so I can't take it seriously, as I have not found any proof of any type anywhere. Just the story itself, and unfortunately, old Henry isn't around any longer to comment on the subject.

I can't help but believe that another engineer or researcher would have at least rediscovered the method by now if it was possible at this time, with our current tech.

I do believe it is only a matter of time, and I would love to believe it exists now, but I have yet to see it anywhere.

Not to say we shouldn't talk about it, and try of course, I am all for both, as they are the only way forward on the subject. But I can see many problems with the device in the video, I have seen many better examples in other threads in the last 2 months.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The only energy source in that video is Mr Hand.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark
reply to post by Ghostfreak1

For unlimited energy just look at the spinning ball you are living on... or oh yes... that will run out of power too...

It will...

o.0

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportionalG

Try reading some of the posts in this thread, "cupcake". I was responding to another members statement about gravity being caused by spin. He misunderstands the science involved so I was showing him his error, so he might be able to deny his ignorance.

I just don't see this working out though, as unlike most of the others with fixed magnets on a spinning wheel, this one uses a ball bearing running along a wheels interior, which imparts more friction than the other concepts I have seen.

Scaling it up, will only cause even more friction, using a bigger magnet to increase power would also only add more friction, as the force imparted to the wheel as it is pulled to the magnet would increase.

Not saying I am right of course, as this is the first one of this style I have seen, and haven't really investigated much yet. But I am not seeing an overunity device.

I am seeing another version of the same old novelty type item that is cool to look at, but not really good for much else.

I don't think you understand how it works, the ball bearing doesn't sit flat on the wheel it is supported on 2 sides this allows it to roll backwards - very little friction.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
The person is powering this device with their arm.

He does move the wheel with his hand the first time he starts it going but not the second time. Second time the magnet, gravity and the ball is doing all the work.

The power input I'm referring to is his/her hand moving toward and away from the wheel.

If you were to try to reproduce the same results using the wheel to power the movement of the magnet, the device would stall.

I'm not seeing that in the video. I'm seeing him move the magnet just to get it lined up right to start the machine then he doesn't move the magnet, just lets it do the work.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Less than 1% magnetism lost every 10 or so years. Negligible.

Someone should tell the wind industry they are using the wrong types of permanent magnets for their permanent magnet generators...

2. Magnetic saturation generator design, engage for the safety of generator and the 20 years lifespan of generator. (Patent No.: 201020296641.3)

ouyada.en.made-in-china.com...

I guess that's the difference between making a spinny wheel and making a spinny wheel that actually creates electricity though right?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Lets stop bickering and build some stuff ! We are all geeks here because we are using a conspiracy forum.. Lets make test some designs and see if they work.

Another thing I wanted to look into is how much excess energy do our cars produce? While we are still using fossil fuels, is it possible we could feed back into the grid using wireless technology .. I drive 10'000 miles per year, as I am going along the motorway would it be possible to feedback enough to the grid to not have to pay for electricity using magnetic resonance - I bet you could even retro fit old cars with it!

Obviously there would have to be set points along the route so when out of range of one you approach another - imagine all those millions of cars sending power back!

Everyone is going on about how you won't need to plug your phone in to charge it.. Not very exciting ..Where are the big ideas !?

"The system uses two coils - one plugged into the mains and the other embedded or attached to the gadget.
Each coil is carefully engineered with the same resonant frequency. When the main coil is connected to an electricity supply, the magnetic field it produces is resonant with that of with the second coil, allowing "tails" of energy to flow between them.
As each "cycle" of energy arrives at the second coil, a voltage begins to build up that can be used to charge the gadget."

news.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 26-10-2012 by rolfharriss because: more info

edit on 26-10-2012 by rolfharriss because: more info

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Seems like a fun idea.

But the problem I see with this is that the sum of the vectors of the magnetic force and gravitational force acting on the ball would pull it in a direction which is a radial from the center of the wheel rather than tangental. Once given enough time for friction to act against the initial momentum of the magnet pulling the ball being moved, the wheel should settle to a halt with the ball sitting somewhere on that radial vector.

Or am I wrong in what I learned years ago in highschool physics?

(Now if you had some way to interrupt that magnetic field such that the ball is never allowed to settle in the sweet spot while preserving enough momentum of the wheel vs. friction... Maybe... But that's not what I see there.)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

It is better to use more accessible language, why didn't you just say he ball might stall? There will be enough energy to trickle feed a battery to power a correction device.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rolfharriss
Another thing I wanted to look into is how much excess energy do our cars produce?

What do you mean by "excess energy"? Cars are engineered to use as much energy as possible driving themselves forward. Energy is lost to the environment in via sound and heat (though it ultimately all ends up as heat) - how do you propose to harvest this?

Anything that is trying to convert the car's kinetic energy to electricity (such as via induction) will put a drag on the car and will cause it to use more fuel.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

Another thing I wanted to look into is how much excess energy do our cars produce?

What do you mean by "excess energy"? Cars are engineered to use as much energy as possible driving themselves forward. Energy is lost to the environment in via sound and heat (though it ultimately all ends up as heat) - how do you propose to harvest this?

Anything that is trying to convert the car's kinetic energy to electricity (such as via induction) will put a drag on the car and will cause it to use more fuel.

How do you charge your Sat Nav? On the road I use the cigarette socket to charge my powertools through use of an inverter (120 Watt 240 Volt Car) this is the power I am talking about, through wireless resonance this could be fed back to the grid.. You have a unique Identifier for your vehicle so you can get your discount code.
edit on 27-10-2012 by rolfharriss because: more info

The M25 in London has 196,000 vehicles per day - if each one of these vehicles could be fitted with the wireless resonance device it would be a sensible solution to reducing the amount of fossil fuels needed in power stations.

edit on 27-10-2012 by rolfharriss because: more info

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

How do you charge your Sat Nav?

Through the 12V system, which runs from the alternator, which is driven by the engine, which burns fuel. Whenever I'm charging my sat nav I use slightly more fuel than when I'm not. The bigger the power draw I put on the electrical system, the more fuel I use. It is not free energy.

The M25 in London has 196,000 vehicles per day - if each one of these vehicles could be fitted with the wireless resonance device it would be a sensible solution to reducing the amount of fossil fuels needed in power stations.

I'm afraid it wouldn't. It would be a horribly inefficient way to generate electricity as compared to a power station.
edit on 27/10/12 by FatherLukeDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

How do you charge your Sat Nav?

Through the 12V system, which runs from the alternator, which is driven by the engine, which burns fuel. Whenever I'm charging my sat nav I use slightly more fuel than when I'm not. The bigger the power draw I put on the electrical system, the more fuel I use. It is not free energy.

I'm afraid it wouldn't. It would be a horribly inefficient way to generate electricity as compared to a power station.
edit on 27/10/12 by FatherLukeDuke because: (no reason given)

No if you spin a magnet over a copper coil it generates electricity, this is has no impact on fuel consumption because the wheels are already spinning. Utilizing the spinning wheels this is extra power for no additional cost, not free power.

edit on 27-10-2012 by rolfharriss because: edit link

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

No if you spin a magnet over a copper coil it generates electricity, this is has no impact on fuel consumption because the wheels are already spinning. Utilizing the spinning wheels this is extra power for no additional cost, not free power.

But the act of generating electricity will place added load on the car.

This is easy enough to prove.........just spin a generator by hand. If the generation of electricity was possible without load .....we could use a 1.5volt DC motor to power a 2000KVA generator.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I don't think you understand the way this works, if the bearing is opposing gravity and staying on the slant, it is having a force act on it that greater than gravity ulling it to the track. This means the friction is even more than the friction ikmparted by gravity, if the bearing were simply rolling across the track.

If you scale up, and use an even bigger bearing and or magnet, there will be even more friction. This is on. Top of the friction imparted from the wheel itself spinning in the base. And not including any resistance imparted from trying to harnass it to create usable power.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Now that is a ery good idea indeed sir!

I would like too see a system employed to trap and repurpose all the wasted heat generated by the exhaust and the cooling system, this could make more than enough to power your "gadget" with a simple steam pump from the trapped and harnassed waste heat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join