Magnetic-Gravity powered LED free energy device Collaboration project ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
A bit of fun, lets see if we can build a machine that powers an LED through magnetism and gravity. I want to see if it can be scaled up to produce useful power.

Any ideas to make it more efficient ..If you can levitate the wheel to reduce friction. Placing it in a vacuum would be interesting !

Apologies for rubbish drawing.. but you get the idea.

[img]
[/img]
edit on 26-10-2012 by rolfharriss because: single vid
edit on 26-10-2012 by rolfharriss because: added info

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Humm, you know that magnetism isn't infinite ?
Just like a battery has a finite quantity of disposable power, magnets also have a finite quantity of magnetic energy, once they're empty,you need to replace or recharge them, and recharging them would require more electricity than powering the device directly with electricity.
Basically, all "magnetic free energies" are just hoaxes intended to make fun of people not aware or wrongly aware about the laws of energy conservation / conversion. Sorry to wake you up

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The person is powering this device with their arm.

All the magnet is doing is linking input and output in an inefficient way.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

He does move the wheel with his hand the first time he starts it going but not the second time. Second time the magnet, gravity and the ball is doing all the work.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostfreak1

So is light, but we are always looking for more efficient ways of producing it.

When the goal is not infinite energy, why hinder it with negative points. The goal for most hobbyists is to make something functional and that is more efficient than how we currently do something.

Almost everything is created not to eradicate a need, but to make something more efficient. Unless you're Microsoft.. With their new plate, or table or whatever they've just come up with.. lol

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

So is light, but we are always looking for more efficient ways of producing it.

That's the point, by using magnets and gravity to produce electricity, you don't get more efficient energy production, you only get the illusion of more efficient energy production. as I mentionned, magnets deplet and need more energy than they give to be refilled, and for gravity, well, what goes down needs energy to go up.
So basically this system converts 2 types of energies into electricity, that's 2 conversions where you lose potential energy during the conversion process, that system is just inefficient.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

He does move the wheel with his hand the first time he starts it going but not the second time. Second time the magnet, gravity and the ball is doing all the work.

The power input I'm referring to is his/her hand moving toward and away from the wheel.

If you were to try to reproduce the same results using the wheel to power the movement of the magnet, the device would stall.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Yes, and that period is measured in hundreds of years for neo magnets...

sorry to wake you up...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Again, your big bang, psy op, there is no more energy nonsense does not cut it... The universe is electromagnetic... For unlimited energy just look at the spinning ball you are living on... or oh yes... that will run out of power too...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Less than 1% magnetism lost every 10 or so years. Negligible.

Same as the sun, as per my point, it's going to expire one day. And with it, goes our light. But we don't think of the sun as finite, because in effect, it doesn't matter to us. It's not going to expire in our life time. And unless abused to extreme, magnets lose very little power over a long period of time.

It's worth looking at, imo.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

I don't think exploiting planet rotation or orbit would be a great idea... By doing so, you'd probably slow the planet down... Not necessarely a huge slowdown, but the balance of orbits is quite fragile... If we slow down the planet rotation itself, it would lessen gravity on the planet, and if we slowdown it's rotation around sun, we would slowly but surely be attracted on sun by it's gravitationnal forces...
Anyway, if you find a way to exploit that huge amount of cinetic energy, let us know, but please, make your tests and prototypes on another solar system

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Guys off topic.

If you don't think it works leave the discussion.

If you do think it works then it would be great to get this project running.

I have a vacuum chamber, but it can only fit an object 12" x 12"

Please read the op

Collaboration project there is no debate on whether the device works.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rolfharriss

I never said it was not working, it is... it will indeed produce energy

What I said is just that it's not an efficient way of producing some, and that there is too much energy waste during the process. That does not make the device "not working".

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostfreak1
reply to post by R_Clark

I don't think exploiting planet rotation or orbit would be a great idea... By doing so, you'd probably slow the planet down... Not necessarely a huge slowdown, but the balance of orbits is quite fragile... If we slow down the planet rotation itself, it would lessen gravity on the planet, and if we slowdown it's rotation around sun, we would slowly but surely be attracted on sun by it's gravitationnal forces...
Anyway, if you find a way to exploit that huge amount of cinetic energy, let us know, but please, make your tests and prototypes on another solar system

Erm, gravity is a consequence of mass not spin so gravity will not change. That said, the earth's spin is slowing due to the effect of the moon. The moons orbital distance is increasing as energy from earths spin transfers to the moon.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Magnets don't just "lose" power, they have their electron shells realigned, because of coercivity, caused by a contradictory magnetic field, but other wise, they are "indefinite" almost infinite by human time frames.

If I have a magnet that can lift 100 pounds, and I put 99.99999 pounds of weight on it, it won't only hold for a few minutes before losing power, and falling. It will remain holding the weight indefinitly. Longer than your lifetime. As there is no opposing magnetic field to cause coercivity to realign the electron shells of the magnetised atoms.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

You don't understand science do you? If we slowed down the planet, we would feel more gravity not less, as the spin of the earth is trying to throw us out into space, only gravity is holding us down, to test this IRL, put some water on a ball and spin it, see what the water does.

Gravity is caused by mass silly, it has nothing to do with spin velocity, if an object has an angular momentum of zero it has the same gravity as an object of equal mass, that is spinning.

The only variation I have ever seen on this is the case of supermassive black holes, where their spin actually pulls space time around them, but they weight millions and billions of soalr masses.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Guys I don't think anyone should be taking any pointers on science from the guy that thinks gravity is caused by angular momentum.

I see s few problems though, even in a vacuum, this device has friction issues, if the wheel was magnetically levitated and suspended in a vacuum, the ball is still imparting friction on the wheel, and the stronger the pull of the magnet on the ball, the greater the friction on the wheel.

I just don't see this device working better than one that has a fixed magnet and a cam to reset the drive magnet.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

You don't understand science do you? If we slowed down the planet, we would feel more gravity not less, as the spin of the earth is trying to throw us out into space, only gravity is holding us down, to test this IRL, put some water on a ball and spin it, see what the water does.

Yeah, but in space, outside earth gravitationnal field, things are a bit different than in a bottle of water. Otherwise maybe you can explain me why to simulate gravity inside a space station you just make it spin ?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hijacked thread ! Moderators request off top post rampage

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

things do not work differently out in space, they work the same everywhere.

Are you on the outside of a spaceship? No? Than why would spin be needed to "simulate" gravity?

It is quite simple, it is even taught in grade school here in the US, it is a force called "centripidal force".

As described in my above post, just like putting water on a ball and spinning it, what does the water do? It flies away.

When your inside a spinning spaceship, your being pushed away because of the spin, but you can't fly away as your inside of it. So it forces you to the wall, at a rate that increases with the angular momentum( speed of the spin).

It is in no way gravity, and has absolutely nothingg to do with it.

As I have just explained, on earth we are on the suface being pushed out by the spin ( water on a ball) and gravity overcomes this and still holds us down. In a spaceship we are on the inside, so the spin cannot throw us away, and we remain trapped inside, only pushed to the walls, to "simulate" gravity.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join