It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all the South Facing Cams In Antarctica - Out-Of-Service?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by vpjanitorial

I must disagree. If an object was as close as you suggest, inside the moons orbital distance, then it would certainly be visible... mostly from all the space junk we have put into orbit colliding with it on a daily basis.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

It is a little hard to listen to any of the conspiracy theories for these stations after having seen people call the weather balloons they use UFO's and knowing they have large bright lights used to light the area that come on at certain times to let them do their work these reflect in the ice and people call those shadows second moons and suns and all kinds of stuff.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Is this a "secret Niburu thread"?

OMG, WTH... look at that!!!

I see at least 3 new planets, two OOFO's, a Mega Tsunami and a new Harp installation under construction. Didn't anyone screen this photo before putting it on the Internet? All the secrets are revealed and disclosed and uncensored!

AHHHHHHHHH!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by vpjanitorial

Especially if it was a Class Y Dwarf.

People aren't getting it though. They think because you can see a Stars anywhere in the sky that this object should be visible anywhere lol. Which isn't the case due to the fact that it's a Dwarf.

It's much like Gliese 229b. As you can see the dwarf was recorded over a year. And the Dwarf starts to dim the further it moves away from Gliese.

Now it can't be a flare. The reason being is flares are between the camera and the Sun. The object in question was behind the Sun. And once the Sun gets into a position where the Sun illuminates it the Camera is in perfect position to see this occur. Once the sun dips the object is gone because it no longer is in the position with the Sun to illuminate the object.

Giving the viewer a illusion that nothing is there. Because once the Sun passes by the object is gone. Due to the fact it's a Dwarf. Much like the photo of Gliese.

Give it a couple more years and the Dwarf would not be visible to us without Gliese illuminating it.

I assume this is what is happening. The object isn't between the Sun and Earth. The Sun is illuminating it in the Distance.

Please excuse my horrible paint skills. But this is basically what I am thinking. Neumayer is to the left of the green dot (Earth).

Can anyone show a station next to Neumayer within 100-200 miles? Because the closest I am finding is 2128 km: Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station.

That's pretty far away from other stations....

So unless there's another station within the location. Then I can easily say that the object is only seen at this location. That the sun is infact illuminating it and that's the reason why you can only see it from here. Is because the object cannot be illuminated elsewhere. Due to it's orbit and the position of the sun at the time we see it. Also the stations location.
edit on 26-10-2012 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2012 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Lens flare. You can tell because some of the flares are placed over the clouds...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

I dont know know much about Niburu so excuse my ignorance here... But if it was that close then it would show up under a telescope because it would reflect the suns rays much like the reason all the other planets in the solar system are visible in the night sky.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by vpjanitorial
Actually what he is posting about a second light source is correct. yes we are aware of what you are talking about we've all seen a sunset. This is different.

As far as an object the mass of jupiter. Why would a dead star have this size and mass? Also there are many claiming that gravity on other planets and even on earth has been changing. Actual real scientist reporting that gravity has been changing. I'm not claiming that it's this or that I even believe any of this, but there is nothing in evidence to show that this absolutely can't be true.

We don't know everything about heavenly bodies. I think everyone thinks that if a planet or dead star where to wiz by it would be a huge event, and the earth would be changed and we'd all look up and see our doom.

No in fact gravity would slowly change as it got closer causing earthquakes, more storms, and floods. Also peoples bodies adopt slowly. It's not going to be an overnight thing. Especially if this planet x or whatever it is has an orbit of 3,800 years our bodies would slowly adjust constantly for hundreds of years.

reply to post by eriktheawful

I think you don't understand this whole Gravity thing. Earth's Gravity wouldn't change. There would be a massive gravitational force however, not only influencing Earth but also the Moon. the World would be in turmoil by now.

The fact that there is no new gravitional force is the only proof needed to debunk the whole nonsense.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Okay. I think it's time for a call to reason.

I ask all of you Nibiru people to please stop. Just stop already. Do you know how many people you're scaring? Do you realize what kind of psychological harm you're inflicting upon children? It was because of all this pseudo-scientific nonsense that a girl named Isabel Taylor killed herself, she became scared and anxious due to this nonsensical fearmongering.

You're being led around by people who only want personal gain by making you afraid. It could be money, it could be fame, it could be they want more views to their videos. Whatever their reasons are, they KNOW that they're telling lies and deceiving you.

You frantically run around like chickens with your heads cut off, over literally NOTHING. NOTHING, that has been proven as such by numerous astrophysicists, amateur astronomers, theoretical physicists, and many others who use real, tangible math and science to show that Nibiru is not only not on its way here, but cannot physically exist.

And yet your responses are always, "They're paid shills", "It's alien cloaking technology", "They're hiding something." JUST STOP ALREADY. This isn't about you anymore, this is about all of the people you're scaring over nothing, literally nothing at all. You may as well be posting countless threads and videos about alien pod people coming to conquer us.

Just stop already. Please.
edit on 26-10-2012 by ManjushriPrajna because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2012 by ManjushriPrajna because: Fixed typos.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the accuracy of that guy's stellarium sunsets.

I punched in the coordinates for Neumayer Station in the sunset calculator linked below (I have the coordinates as South 70 deg 40' 8" LAT, West 8 deg 16' 2" LONG. Under "City" click on "Enter Lat/Long"). When I put in that info, I get the sun setting at 21:01 UTC on October 24. The guy in the video (at 6:38 of the video) says the sun should have already been set at 19:20 UTC.

www.esrl.noaa.gov...

According to this sunset calculator, his Stellarium sunset is not accurate. There seems to be a discrepancy between this sunset calculator and Stellarium.

edit on 10/26/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Originally posted by nv4711
"Nibiru" exerting a gravitational force of 1.8919511028e+29 Newton on our good ol' Earth
This giant gravitational force would cause Earth to accelerate towards "Nibiru" at a rate of 31659.155 m/s2

Now, this is not happening,
where do you people get this stuff?

Probably just a few gravitational force calculations.

I haven't checked his math, but he may have used:

F = [(G) (M1) (M2)] / D^2

G = Gravitational Constant
M1 = Mass 1
M2 = Mass 2
D = Distance
F = Gravitational Force

edit on 10/26/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: EDIT: D^2, not G^2

Oh well that makes sense.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

I have children myself and it's rude for you to put someone's actions upon us due to the fact we are discussing astronomy.

Did I say the world would end? Did I hint at changing anyone's life style.

I think you should delete your post because you are basically making it seem like we are fear mongering by simply discussing astronomy. Which has been discussed over thousands of years.

Nothing here is being put upon anyone. And if anything I'd love for my children to be educated in Astronomy.

The Ancient civilizations we're more disciplined than we are on the subjects.

IN NO WAY CAN YOU JUSTIFY SOMEONES ACTIONS AS THE RESULT OF US DISCUSSING ASTRONOMY.

If we were purposely striking fear sure. But this is a legit topic. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

You can disguise it as talking astronomy all you want. When you continuously insinuate that Nibiru exists and will kill us all, THEN I call foul. I don't know what you did personally, or what you said personally, so don't take it so personally. I'm merely speaking to the people who believe this bunk, and will do so regardless of any and all factual points made towards them.

And no, I won't delete my post.

Now, if you yourself are trying to prove the existence of Nibiru, then most likely you will use bad astronomy. People will point that out. In fact, if you've done that already, I'm sure people have already pointed that out to you.

Ancient civilizations knew more about astronomy than our scientists do now? I call foul on that. Since when did the Sumerians have super powerful telescopes and STEREO satellites?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulow1978

Telescopes can't pick up Brown Dwarfs. They're very elusive.

You need IR to see Brown Dwarfs.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

"Nibiru" exerting a gravitational force of 1.8919511028e+29 Newton on our good ol' Earth
This giant gravitational force would cause Earth to accelerate towards "Nibiru" at a rate of 31659.155 m/s2

Now, this is not happening,
where do you people get this stuff?

Just took the known values of Earth's mass, took Jupiters mass (and was lowballing with that because the Nibiru fans use much larger numbers, up to 4 times the mass of Jupiter) and assumed a distance of 2000km, the rest is just Math based on Newton's law.

I hope you're reading me right: I tried to show that Nibiru (or any other unknown body of giant mass) and the OP's paranoia because a web cam stopped working are laughable.
Earth isn't moving anywhere and I also haven't heard of any monstrous tidal waves or any other catastrophy such a close Planet would cause.

edit on 26-10-2012 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)
there is actually a storm that's coming and will hit the east coast...I'm guessing that's not related
edit on 26-10-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

If you think you have a legit reason that I'm fear mongering please message a mod.

I'm talking about what OP posted about.

I'm talking about Brown Dwarfs.

If my posts have been fear mongering than I think a mod can easily attest that..

But everything I have said about Brown Dwarfs is true. And telescopes wouldn't see them.

So I, And many others who have posted on this thread have legit discussion.

If you don't want to read it then don't. You have the freedom to do so.

I attest to this thread. Especially since there is no proof that anyone in here is trying to scare anyone.

If that were the case go on the meteor threads and post about how they are fear mongering since meteors can be life threatening.

Or how about the science forum discussing MRSA?

You hold no argument over accusing us that we are fear mongering by discussing planets.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

If a brown dwarf entered our solar system, we could still see it. A brown dwarf would still reflect light.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

If there were gravity disturbances of some sort acting upon the solar system, caused by a mass of this size, then storms would be the very very least of our concerns. I would be more worried about quakes, Tsunami all over the planet, other planets leaving thier orbital tracks, and so on and so forth.

We are talking end of the damned solar system.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Its probably anubis attacking to get his hands on some ancient tech.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Again, I'm not speaking to you. I was namely speaking to Hydrawolf who, yes, posted the same Nibiru video at least three times that I've seen, and was constantly inferring that the camera at the station was down because they were hiding Nibiru.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Great now you're on the same page as us.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join