It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all the South Facing Cams In Antarctica - Out-Of-Service?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Well, appart from anything else, during good weather in the evening there is the chance of recording beautiful auroral effects, the majesty of the location, the wonder of the night sky on a clear night... I mean, have you no soul for these things what so ever?

The camera serves absolutely no scientific purpose what so ever so far as I can tell. The fact that it periodically fails to work is therefore, of no significance.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

There's this amazing new fangled thing called "Google".

Or, if you have an iPhone, you could try asking Siri...

You sound like a broken record, and seem to want everyone to do your research for you.

Unless it's a webcam of penguins, what is there to really see?

People commercially fish by Antarctica. I think some of those fishermen would have spoken up about something odd being in the sky.

Nibru = No-bru

If they are hiding something it's probably the Antarctic weapons platform left by the Anchients.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

Some people can't understand this.

edit on 26-10-2012 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Like I said,

Maybe they are hiding this:

Because something like this is going on down there:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Right is the Camera serves absolutely no scientific purpose why create the Camera in such a stupid location as Antarctica.

It is not the only location you can see Auroras from. Why waste all that money.

39 million euros... For Aurora pictures lolll.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
Dude if you can't understand what's happening at Neumayer after watching this www.youtube.com...#!

Then something is wrong.

OP the reason why the cams are down is because obviously something is going on.

If anyone has been watching Neumayer footage you will know (REGARDLESS OF YOUR BELIEF ON NIBIRU) that the footages are changing. And I don't mean solstice change.

Neumayer should never have light on the back of Neumayer prior to the sun rise. Then the sunrises and you see the back of Neumayer dark? So what's lighting up the back of Neumayer prior to the sunrise?

It's common sense.

For the cams to be down. Pretty easy on that one too.
Obviously something being hidden.

Love it when people make ignorant statements like this.

Did all of you forget what you learned in school about geography?

Locations near or inside the Arctic or Antarctic circle do not experience sunrise and sunsets like the rest of us in lower latitudes. The sun will not rise directly in the east, nor will it set directly in the west.

Better yet, at certain times of the year, the sun will appear to do a circle all around the horizon.

Let us look at that, why don't we?

Here's a video I made in Stellarium. I've set the location to where the Neumayer station is. Watch the sun as I advance the clock, hour by hour. It will dip below the horizon, but not so far that there is not a glow there that produces light:

It's only common sense.......and basic education.
edit on 26-10-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

If something like that were going down. We would see it in the footage.. Derp.

But what is going down is something planetary. That you can see in the footage.

You can also compare it to the other footage from Neumayer that doesn't show the same exact footage as 10/25/2012

If everything was okay at Neumayer then the footage would reflect stelarrium.
It would look normal day after day and not change other then the solstice.

Which it doesn't.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
This could be about the approach of our binary "star". Nibiru is supposed to be visable first in the southern skies. It is also 30 degrees below the elliptic plane. This would mean that southern countries would see it first.

But as I showed in this graphic (I'll show it again, in case you missed it), almost all of the Southern Hemisphere can see an object in space, even if it was right over the South Pole -- and even as close as 20,000 miles (closer than geostationary communication satellites orbit):

Why hasn't the rest of the Southern Hemisphere seen this second star?

edit on 10/26/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Please show me the object in question at 1:15 in Stellarium.

www.youtube.com...

Because I'm not finding it.

If I'm wrong and you can produce it I'll stand down.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Brown Dwarf.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by InspiredByDesign
Has nobody noticed what time of year it is. Christmas is just around the corner and it's obvious Santa is testing his latest Stealth Sled in Antarctica to stay away from prying eyes. He had his elves disable the South facing cameras so the testing would not be seen.

Everyone knows Santa lives at the North Pole

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Brown Dwarf.

But I thought the guy in the video said it was casting light on Neumayer station.
Does it cast light or not?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

That's an older video of it. Back in February.

There's a bunch of videos you can find on it. Instead of chewing apart one saying it's false why not just get the Neumayer footage yourself and see.

www.youtube.com...

If it's a Brown Dwarf it will not be visible in the sky due to the fact that it doesn't emit it's own light.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

There's a bunch of videos you can find on it. Instead of chewing apart one saying it's false why not just get the Neumayer footage yourself and see.

www.youtube.com...

If it's a Brown Dwarf it will not be visible in the sky due to the fact that it doesn't emit it's own light.

That dot is caused by the camera's CCD shutting down the pixels because they are being overloaded by the bright sun. It's a very common effect of digital cameras:

The sun is too bright to take a picture of.

A digital camera has a electronic image sensor that converts light into an electronic signal. If an object is very bright, it can overwhelm the sensor. If you watch video shot with early digital video cameras, you'll see very bright lights show up on the recording as a bright vertical line. The engineers who designed cameras decided that wasn't a useful failure mode so they wrote instructions into the camera to shut off the pixels that got hit with the too bright light. Hence the black dot where the sun should be.

Source

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Huh? I'm not talking about the sun. Watch the February video.

The black dot in all the Neumayer footage is the camera shutting off that spot due to the light intensity.

But that's not the object people are talking about. There is a Brown dwarf next TO the sun. Not the black dot.

It's obvious people are getting confused. I'll make a detailed post in a second.
edit on 26-10-2012 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

So no light yet it shows up on web cams so again how do people with equipment like this (below) never see it but a web cam does

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Santa knows his domain is the North Pole...He doesn't want to step on Superman's turf.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

But that's not the object people are talking about. There is a Brown dwarf next TO the sun. Not the black dot.

Could you lease post a screen capture with labels?

All I see is the sun (with the black dot caused by CCD overload) and some lens flare. Please show me the brown dwarf that can't be seen (which again begs the question: why can they see it in at Neumayer, but not anywhere else?).

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

A brown dwarf next to the Sun but the side opposite the Sun is illuminated? How does that work?

In the same location last year?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That would be an internal camera reflection, sometimes call lens flare.

edit on 10/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

reply to post by MystikMushroom

If something like that were going down. We would see it in the footage.. Derp.

But what is going down is something planetary. That you can see in the footage.

You can also compare it to the other footage from Neumayer that doesn't show the same exact footage as 10/25/2012

If everything was okay at Neumayer then the footage would reflect stelarrium.
It would look normal day after day and not change other then the solstice.

Which it doesn't.

You might really like those Stargate SG-1/Atlantis episodes (where the pictures came from)

There are so many people and contractors stationed down there, do you really think they could keep a secret like that?

As I said before, what about the commercial fishing and whaling vessels down there? You'd think one of those people might video something odd.

Lets not forget that if you have lots of money, you can go on a tour to Antarctica:
Polar Cruises

You don't really think they make all those tourists sign non-disclosure agreements do you?

:

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join