It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all the South Facing Cams In Antarctica - Out-Of-Service?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Can we make a deal here?

Let's say if the south facing cam is still out of service 168 hours from now, then we have an issue?

I have hundreds of screenshots saved to my computer in case they decide to rehash old footage.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

There is no south facing camera, thats the problem.

Yes there is.

Casey Base:

goo.gl...

I've guessed the location of the cam here but you can compare the buildings easily and it's pointing south.

Scott Base:

goo.gl...

Had to zoom out to fit Scott Base and White Islands in, but they're definately south.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

What do you think of this video?

I watched it half way. I think i wasted 12 minutes of my time. It is full of half truths, inconsistencies, and pshydo science.

If this is your concern as to the possible reason why the south facing cameras are down, then mate, I just don't know how to put it..........you are wrong.

vvv

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Its not a live cam. Just still images refreshed every whatever. Enough delay for them to remove/insert what they want.

Not good enough i'm afraid.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

And the goal post moving begins.

All the best with it dude.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Like-wise.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydrawolf

What I think is that it seems each time someone makes a YouTube video about Nibiru being spotted from Neumayer Station 3, it simply floors me at how many people watch it, and then scream proof, without doing any research on their own.

For example: Neumayer Station 3 is NOT actually located at the south pole. It located very far north of it in fact:

It's 20 deg North of the south pole. Over 1,300 miles north of it.

Next: again, ANYTHING that is outside of LEO, even if it is directly over the south pole, can be seen by ANYONE south of the equator. Anyone in NZ, Australia, South American and the southern portion of Africa.

The ONLY way that something could be over the south pole and not visible to anyone else in the southern hemisphere would be if it was very, very small, and only a few hundred miles up or less.

So much for Nibiru. You simply can not have a planet directly over the south pole without other people being able to see it. Period.

I also thing that the YouTube video maker needs to LEARN about photography, light and shadows, as it was very obvious to me that he has no clue how shadows work (rather he thinks he knows, but he's wrong).

Love the arm chair Antarctic explorers that seem to think they know how lighting and shadows should look down in the Antarctic!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Its not a live cam. Just still images refreshed every whatever. Enough delay for them to remove/insert what they want.

It was good enough for your nibiru video

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Thats the thing, even if the cam on top of Neumayer facing south was working, I still wouldnt trust the source.

Any way, enough said, I must admit there are some pretty sharp minds on ATS, I hope I didn't come across entirely ignorant. I am very suspicious when it comes to these types of scenario's.

I for one still believe our old elusive Nibiru is somewhere out there in our solar system, or on the outskirts of our solar system (Or not too far beyond it) and we will experience it soon.

I generally trust no one as a rule. I know first hand that there are people out there employed to disinfo, and ridicule and mind# those that get close to something they shouldnt.

I may be far off with this one. Or maybe just half-off. Time will tell

I believe in this Nibiru thing, and no amounts of criticism will sway me from my beliefs.

Peace all.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
So we are talking about web cams...over the internet to Antarctica and your concern is that they are off line?

I work in the US and my company headquarters is in Brazil...so my internet gets routed through Brazil...it is slow, it goes down and generally sucks.

why not try a trace route to the ip address?
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 26-10-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Thats the thing, even if the cam on top of Neumayer facing south was working, I still wouldnt trust the source.

Any way, enough said, I must admit there are some pretty sharp minds on ATS, I hope I didn't come across entirely ignorant. I am very suspicious when it comes to these types of scenario's.

I for one still believe our old elusive Nibiru is somewhere out there in our solar system, or on the outskirts of our solar system (Or not too far beyond it) and we will experience it soon.

I generally trust no one as a rule. I know first hand that there are people out there employed to disinfo, and ridicule and mind# those that get close to something they shouldnt.

I may be far off with this one. Or maybe just half-off. Time will tell

I believe in this Nibiru thing, and no amounts of criticism will sway me from my beliefs.

Peace all.

Wait a sec now.

First you make a thread, claiming that the outage of the south facing web cam at Neumayer being down is suspicious, that they are hiding something........

Then you say that the camera must be "Live Streaming" (such as this one New York City, 5th Ave Webcam and not periodic images like this one, West bound traffic cam, New Jersey, even though of course that one of the main reasons that web cams in the Antarctic are periodic is due to limitations with satellite communications).

Then you turn right around and say that even if the web cam at Neumayer was up and running......you would not believe what it was showing anyways..........yet you believe what someone says it was showing at another time, all because they were showing that it was proof that Nibiru exists......

You do realize how you are coming across, don't you?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Actually you are alright, I trust your explanation.

I just don't believe in the images displayed. Too much time for corrections, editing etc.

You provided the best that was available!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Actually you are alright, I trust your explanation.

I just don't believe in the images displayed. Too much time for corrections, editing etc.

You provided the best that was available!

Then please realize that it is a 2 way street: enough time to manipulate data.....either way.

Time enough to remove something.......and time enough for someone to put something that isn't there in.

Nothing is perfect, and things on the internet can be manipulated. You are absolutely correct. However, you need to realize that it can be manipulated to show something that is not really there either.

You just stated that you trust no one. So remember that also means you should not trust someone's video that is suppose to be proof of Nibiru......a UFO.....Big Foot.......you name it. Anything can be manipulated in todays world with the technology, computers and software that is available to everyone.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I never entirely believed what tree0fmight was saying in his videos. I believed part of it but definitely not all of it.

I still believe something is being hidden.

I don't trust the cams. I don't trust any of them.

I will be interested to see when the South facing cam on the roof of Neumayer is back in service.

Like I have said, I have taken hundreds of screenshots of the south facing Neumayer cam. If they decide to rehash old footage, like they have before, I will be right on to it this time. Unlike last time I have proof.

I am not out to win any popularity contests here. I will always be willing to go out on a limb on half cocked ideas or beliefs. One day I may strike gold or maybe always I will end up a paranoid ignorant fool.

Either way I will follow my gut. there is something going on in our Solar System that is being hidden from the general public I believe. Something that will become undeniable in the near future.

I don't care less about my credibility or what people think. I only care to seek the truth and discover, or partially discover what is being hidden by those who have access to what most of us don't.

This is my style, this is who I am, so expect more of it on ATS from here on in cos I am here to stay. Same goes with that wacky conspiracy site run by morons.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
just curious how this gets routed this has no bearing on the discusion. .de is German

Tracing route to www.awi.de [134.1.2.112]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

reply to post by eriktheawful

I never entirely believed what tree0fmight was saying in his videos. I believed part of it but definitely not all of it.

I still believe something is being hidden.

I don't trust the cams. I don't trust any of them.

I will be interested to see when the South facing cam on the roof of Neumayer is back in service.

Like I have said, I have taken hundreds of screenshots of the south facing Neumayer cam. If they decide to rehash old footage, like they have before, I will be right on to it this time. Unlike last time I have proof.

I am not out to win any popularity contests here. I will always be willing to go out on a limb on half cocked ideas or beliefs. One day I may strike gold or maybe always I will end up a paranoid ignorant fool.

Either way I will follow my gut. there is something going on in our Solar System that is being hidden from the general public I believe. Something that will become undeniable in the near future.

I don't care less about my credibility or what people think. I only care to seek the truth and discover, or partially discover what is being hidden by those who have access to what most of us don't.

This is my style, this is who I am, so expect more of it on ATS from here on in cos I am here to stay. Same goes with that wacky conspiracy site run by morons.

Fair enough.

Many things have been discovered simply because someone had a "gut feeling".

Just keep in mind that a picture or video of something found on the internet is not always proof of something. For example, in the picture below, not one single thing in it is real. Not one. Every single thing in it is computer generated, using 3ds Max:

Computers and software have become so powerful that it's possible to even render images like this on the fly (or what we call Real Time Rendering). I know because I work with this. The below video is Real Time Rendering, and a small hobby of mine working with the Unreal SDK, known as UDK. This is a WIP, but should give you an idea of the capabilities that our computers and graphics rendering are capable of today:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

No what's really unbelievable is that people on here will believe a you tube video taken with an iphone claiming to show Nibiru but they won't believe that fact that amatuer astronomers so NO government connections can't see it with scopes this size oh and some are even bigger than these two!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

And yes, I gave you a star also for all off your posts, as I did almost everyone on this thread apart from the cat.

My gut told me no.

We are all here to seek truth, maybe I am very far from it, or maybe not as far as it seems.

I'll stick with the latter, I always go with my digestive system.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Stars all round for posting on my thread.

Even the cat

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

OP --

Considering that you posted that video, I conclude that you think there is something in space (Nibiru?) that can only be seen from the South Pole.

However, as has been pointed out to you already, anything in space that can seen from the South Pole -- even if it is directly south of the South Pole -- can be seen by most people in the entire Southern Hemisphere.

What is your response to that? Why can't people in Australia, South America, or Southern Africa see it? Those people can normally see things in space that are above the South Pole (say a couple thousand miles above it).

edit on 10/26/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join