It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all the South Facing Cams In Antarctica - Out-Of-Service?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
The Neumayer III to the south is still out of service. One really has to wonder now just what exactly is going on down there? ~$heopleNation

If they are reading this thread they will be ROFPSML

edit on 3-11-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It's probably one of the lowest priorities as well.

I am sure it is Phage, but time is one thing that you have plenty of when down there.

You think they have a spare lying around somewhere?

Yes, I do. Not only that, but I would guess that they probably have more than one spare "lying" around. It's not like the conditions down there are not harsh? Things tend to frequently break or malfunction when exposed to those temperatures. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It's probably one of the lowest priorities as well.

I am sure it is Phage, but time is one thing that you have plenty of when down there.

You think they have a spare lying around somewhere?

Yes, I do. Not only that, but I would guess that they probably have more than one spare "lying" around. It's not like the conditions down there are not harsh? Things tend to frequently break or malfunction when exposed to those temperatures. ~$heopleNation

Just because they can, and have the spare, doesn't mean that they will. As Phage said, it may not be a priority, and they may have other things to do than to replace a web cam for people's enjoyment to watch.

It could even be they got tired of people using the web cam video to fake Nibiru shots and decided that once it broke again to leave it.

But of course this is a conspiracy site so any little thing means some sort of conspiracy, right?

OMG! My leaves are turning brown and yellow! Something sinister must be going on because one of them stayed green!
edit on 3-11-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
Just because they can, and have the spare, doesn't mean that they will. As Phage said, it may not be a priority, and they may have other things to do than to replace a web cam for people's enjoyment to watch.

Yep, just as they maybe have nothing else to do other than replace the webCam? It's all speculation.

It could even be they got tired of people using the web cam video to fake Nibiru shots and decided that once it broke again to leave it.

So when would they decide the time has come that people will no longer make fake Nibiru shots and turn the WebCam back on? Do you know of some sort of time table for when that will stop? Love to hear about it if you do.

But of course this is a conspiracy site so any little thing means some sort of conspiracy, right?

I choose to do research on a subject in order to find out the facts, but whatever floats your boat. This is also a discussion forum, so move along if you're not interested in the subject.

OMG! My leaves are turning brown and yellow! Something sinister must be going on because one of them stayed green!
edit on 3-11-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

Yeah well that's just more mindless sarcastic garble. Just in case though, Don't come unhinged now my friend, that is normal for this time of year. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

I choose to do research on a subject in order to find out the facts

Great! What have you found that would support the notion that something in Space could be seen from Antarctica that would not be visible from about anywhere in the Southern Hemisphere?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
Great! What have you found that would support the notion that something in Space could be seen from Antarctica that would not be visible from about anywhere in the Southern Hemisphere?

Exactly where in this thread did you misinterpret my discussion of the reasons why the Neumayer station 3 southern webcam has been out of service for almost a month for your paranoid delusions? LMAO! Nice try guy.

Better yet, How about you provide the proof to back up your claims before making such accusations? Maybe even a quote so you're not just blowing bs out of your pie-hole?

I mean, atleast something solid that would even begin to give any foundation to your joke for an assumption whatsoever?

All I am saying is that you should atleast try reading the entire thread before forming an opinion about another poster's beliefs. You can't just assume that someone believes such garbage without atleast quoting them? Hey, Bizzaro world is great if you like comic books, but atleast back your drivel up? Shakes head. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I know because my Brother in Law spent months down in Antarctica. ~$heopleNation

I have spent many years living on the beach during hurricane season,but that doesn't make me an expert on hurricanes...

Just wondering but what did he do down there?

Obviously it wasn't making sure the webcam was safe..

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I choose to do research on a subject in order to find out the facts, but whatever floats your boat. This is also a discussion forum, so move along if you're not interested in the subject.

And I see you have done your research very thoroughly on this matter, because the official reason for the outage isn't good enough and they must be hiding something obviously.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Exactly where in this thread did you misinterpret my discussion of the reasons why the Neumayer station 3 southern webcam has been out of service for almost a month for your paranoid delusions?

So this quote isn't related to the paranoid delusions of the topic?

The Neumayer III to the south is still out of service. One really has to wonder now just what exactly is going on down there? ~$heopleNation

If not then what would one have to wonder about?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I do find some rather ironic humor in all this.

A web cam goes down in a research station in Antarctica, and people on here get upset about it, because they can no longer watch what they are doing.

Yet at the same time, if their government (or anyone else for that mater), were to mount a web cam to watch them, they would be screaming bloody murder about invasion of privacy, violation of rights, etc, etc.

I just find it sort of funny, in a ironic way.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Excellent point.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
Just wondering but what did he do down there?

Obviously it wasn't making sure the webcam was safe..

Nah, He was doing research by collecting samples for Cal State San Marcos. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
And I see you have done your research very thoroughly on this matter, because the official reason for the outage isn't good enough and they must be hiding something obviously.

Wondering why it is taking so long to repair the WebCam is far from thinking that they are hiding something, You sure do make a lot of assumptions?

Maybe you should just go back and pitch your tent like a fool on that beach during hurricane season and think about what I just said? Then maybe you will comprehend it.
~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
So this quote isn't related to the paranoid delusions of the topic?

Sure, if one with paranoid delusions views it as such.

If not then what would one have to wonder about?

Maybe why the hell it's taking so long to repair? Why is that so difficult to comprehend my friend?

You see, people wonder about things all the time, they ask questions and are curious about things that mean absolutely nothing to others. See how that works? ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydrawolf
And what other publicly available "South Facing" live cams in Antarctica are available to the public?

That's the question of the hour.

edit on 26-10-2012 by Hydrawolf because: (no reason given)

This guy's Youtube account has been terminated. Interesting

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by shasta9600

This guy's Youtube account has been terminated. Interesting

The user "Tree0fmight" had his account terminated because he was using copyrighted material (although not necessarily the stuff that we saw on this thread).

I think he is back up and running under a new name "Darkskywatcher74". The videos from this thread can be found on that second YouTube account:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 11/12/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Those of us here who are interested in this subject thank you very much for that info my friend.
~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I sent the Alfred-Wegener-Institut this message a few weeks ago just to find out what is going on with the webcam -

Hello, I have noticed that your webcam on the roof of Neumayer III to the south has been out of service for quite a few months now. I was just curious as to when it is expected to be back in service? And the reason(s) as to why it has been out of service for such an extended period of time? Many thanks...

They finally got back to me yesterday, this is what they had to say -

the roof webcam was demounted because obviously they wanted to set it up at a different location. For some reason this did not work out. We don't know yet if it will ever be mounted again.

Kind Regards

J. Martin
Communications Dept.

Kommunikation und Medien

Alfred-Wegener-Institut für
Polar- und Meeresforschung
Postfach 12 01 61, 27515 Bremerhaven
Tel. (0471) 4831-1112
Web: Alfred-Wegener-Institut

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydrawolf

I sent the Alfred-Wegener-Institut this message a few weeks ago just to find out what is going on with the webcam -

Hello, I have noticed that your webcam on the roof of Neumayer III to the south has been out of service for quite a few months now. I was just curious as to when it is expected to be back in service? And the reason(s) as to why it has been out of service for such an extended period of time? Many thanks...

They finally got back to me yesterday, this is what they had to say -

the roof webcam was demounted because obviously they wanted to set it up at a different location. For some reason this did not work out. We don't know yet if it will ever be mounted again.

Kind Regards

J. Martin
Communications Dept.

Kommunikation und Medien

Alfred-Wegener-Institut für
Polar- und Meeresforschung
Postfach 12 01 61, 27515 Bremerhaven
Tel. (0471) 4831-1112
Web: Alfred-Wegener-Institut

"for some reason this did not work out" ???

Pretty lame response I must admit.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

Are you commenting on your own post?

Tsk.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join