It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all the South Facing Cams In Antarctica - Out-Of-Service?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

ROFLMAO, My goodness man, you deciphered planet x's orbit ... Slippery little sucker isn't it...

To wolf d or wolf.... sorry didn't pay as much attention to your name as i did your avatar.. Is that a real untouched photo of a paw to a mans hand? If so .... DAAAMMM! Whats that dog weigh in at 190?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

I would be the closet here to the south pole, I can not see anything. all I see is canopus.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

I doubt your an authority on the bible . Have you even read it ? One question . How did life start , being that every form of life has DNA in a living cell ? DNA or the Living Cell does not occur randomly on this planet or any other .And the extremes of space is forbidding to travel such vast distances and survive , then they have to enter our atmosphere with out burning up . Talk about science fiction . The earlier explanation of how life came about was a theory offered as fact that ended up to be total fiction . Science is now looking for some source of intellegent creation else where in our galaxy and beyond . Anything but God will be acceptable to them .

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I am far too busy in my job as a night time campus safety officer, aka watching adult swim, to read all eleven pages that have come before this one. I'm like the George W. Bush of campus safety officers.

But somewhere in the last eleven pages, did anyone explain to the OP that Antarctica is massive and that we haven't created a webcam for public use that could possibly cover the entire continent?

Furthermore did anyone tell the OP that no matter the direction of the camera it wouldn't matter?

Look there may be something in Antarctica that "they're" keeping from us, it's just not likely that a south facing webcam that covers such a limited view of an entire CONTINENT.

Thanks. I have to look at some security camera's, now.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cqnoble
I'm like the George W. Bush of campus safety officers.

One of the great lines of our time.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Walk's in a little late and raises hand, " I have a question... even if something was in the sky being hidden from us, what about all the bob's and tom's and Susan's and all the normal Amateur sky watchers wouldn't they see some sort of something... like stars or planets or asteroids being effected by the gravity well of this said magical planet that is going to doom us all? Sure the big bad government's of the world can mum some but surely not all. I guess what I'm trying to say is... well nothing to see here move along folks move along."

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by nv4711

I doubt your an authority on the bible . Have you even read it ? One question . How did life start , being that every form of life has DNA in a living cell ? DNA or the Living Cell does not occur randomly on this planet or any other .And the extremes of space is forbidding to travel such vast distances and survive , then they have to enter our atmosphere with out burning up . Talk about science fiction . The earlier explanation of how life came about was a theory offered as fact that ended up to be total fiction . Science is now looking for some source of intellegent creation else where in our galaxy and beyond . Anything but God will be acceptable to them .

SimonPeter.... Truly a humble choice for a screenname, isn't that just a rank below Jesus Christ?
Authority on the Bible? No, certainly not in the sense of a person in Academia being referred to as such. But yes, I've read it, numerous times, the King James version and even the German translation by Luther. I even have it as an eBook on my iPad - That should qualify for a discussion on ATS, don't you think?

Are you an authority in the field of Biology and DNA? Or Astrobiology? Frankly, if you are, then you certainly don't show it. Have you ever heard of Extremophiles? Have you heard of the cyanobacteria genus Gloeocapsa, a colony of bacteria that was exposed to the extremes of space for 533 days, outside of the ISS and not only survived but are back on Earth alive and kicking? Or the Streptococcus mitis that survived 31 months on the moon?

I'm not sure what you mean by "earlier explanation of how life came about that ended up being total fiction". If you're referring to the Book of Genesis, then I wholeheartedly agree with you. If you're referring to Evolution, then you're simply misguided (and most definitely not an "Authority on Biology").

Anything else you need help with? Perhaps a good book? May I suggest anything from Richard Dawkins, not only is he a true authority on Biology and DNA, he would also agree with me that a) the Bible is wrong and b) Religion is a superstition and not science.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I have heard/passingly glanced at this nibiru junk for some time now (years) You guys really seem interested and I bet some of you are pretty damned smart.

Is this something to be worried about if it is linked to the problems we all face with the secrecy and deflections by our fearless leaders in the military-abc complex?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Originally posted by Hydrawolf

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

reply to post by Chadwickus

Its not a live cam. Just still images refreshed every whatever. Enough delay for them to remove/insert what they want.

Not good enough i'm afraid.

It was good enough for your nibiru video

Thats the thing, even if the cam on top of Neumayer facing south was working, I still wouldnt trust the source.

Any way, enough said, I must admit there are some pretty sharp minds on ATS, I hope I didn't come across entirely ignorant. I am very suspicious when it comes to these types of scenario's.

I for one still believe our old elusive Nibiru is somewhere out there in our solar system, or on the outskirts of our solar system (Or not too far beyond it) and we will experience it soon.

I generally trust no one as a rule. I know first hand that there are people out there employed to disinfo, and ridicule and mind# those that get close to something they shouldnt.

I may be far off with this one. Or maybe just half-off. Time will tell

I believe in this Nibiru thing, and no amounts of criticism will sway me from my beliefs.

Peace all.

Wait a sec now.

First you make a thread, claiming that the outage of the south facing web cam at Neumayer being down is suspicious, that they are hiding something........

Then you say that the camera must be "Live Streaming" (such as this one New York City, 5th Ave Webcam and not periodic images like this one, West bound traffic cam, New Jersey, even though of course that one of the main reasons that web cams in the Antarctic are periodic is due to limitations with satellite communications).

Then you turn right around and say that even if the web cam at Neumayer was up and running......you would not believe what it was showing anyways..........yet you believe what someone says it was showing at another time, all because they were showing that it was proof that Nibiru exists......

You do realize how you are coming across, don't you?

you got it.

What we are seeing here is psychotic behaviour.There is no argument that could change the view of hydrawolf . The paraonid mind will always twist it until the paranoia is the only reasonable thing.

I would not recommend you to do any psychological test because if you were reacting like you do here, you would clearly show all signs for a psychosis .

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
maybe its neo-nazi neighbors want a bit of privacy for the time being....
what...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
www.australiangeographic.com.au...

Is this it?

Hah! Imagine the destruction the wave must have caused. Maybe it had something to do with the widening of the drake passage and subsequent formation of the antarctic circumpolar current. Imagine what it must have done to this place (basementgeographer.blogspot.com...); must have been real beautiful, giant lemurs maybe? which is funny, because on the opposite side of planet is the great lakes region, home to a host of strange sightings of those things.

Yawl are so funny.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Doomcake because: Maybe Because

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Plugin

Ok, give me a replacement cam. Surely the south facing cam on the roof of Neumayer Station isn't the only south facing publicly available cam in Antarctica. If it is then we should start thinking.

OMG. It is not like Antarctica is a very populated place. You are lucky there is at least on LIVE cam, considering there is not much of a point to setting them up anyway, as there is nothing to look at most of the time. The absence of any cameras does not mean anything at all, and it does not support your argument. If there were an incoming body, it would not be emitting visible light. No way. Some say it is a brown dwarf, but there are problems with that hypothesis as well.

But to say that there is an object that is not our sun emitting visible light that is only visible from the bottom of the Earth is just ridiculous. The gravitational effects alone would have betrayed this objects existence a long time ago, if it were real.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
If any one is interested the Bible does talk about the earth being turned upside down and reeling in it's orbit like a drunkard in Isaiah Chapter 24 . End times described in Matthew 24 and Revelations 6 chapter 12 describes great earthquakes and the sun and moon being darkened . Certainly the bible describes a great upheaval in the earths orbit and gravitational disturbance of extraordinary proportions . In the world events concerning todays economic problems and the upcoming war in Israel , the bible is spot on .

Nope, nobody's interested.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Listen carefully, there is nothing there, but snow, and scientific research stations.

Have you been there? The scenery must've been awesome.....

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
As an it guy if i was responsible for the cameras and we were worried about bad weather damage myvFIRST suggestion would be to shut down and cut power so I had a lower chance of having to fix or replace them. Im the systems manager for a nonprofit with 35 servers 10cameras and 200 terminals. Just wanted to share my thoughts on it.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Listen carefully, there is nothing there, but snow, and scientific research stations.

He probably hasn't been there, but the fact still remains that there is no such thing as an object in space that can only bee seen from the South Pole. An object in space even directly above the South Pole would be visible in most (if not all) of the Southern Hemisphere.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

He probably hasn't been there, but the fact still remains that there is no such thing as an object in space that can only bee seen from the South Pole. An object in space even directly above the South Pole would be visible in most (if not all) of the Southern Hemisphere.

How are you so sure that any and all objects in space would be show up the same exact way, from our perspective here on earth?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

reply to post by Plugin

Ok, give me a replacement cam. Surely the south facing cam on the roof of Neumayer Station isn't the only south facing publicly available cam in Antarctica. If it is then we should start thinking.

OMG. It is not like Antarctica is a very populated place. You are lucky there is at least on LIVE cam, considering there is not much of a point to setting them up anyway, as there is nothing to look at most of the time. The absence of any cameras does not mean anything at all, and it does not support your argument. If there were an incoming body, it would not be emitting visible light. No way. Some say it is a brown dwarf, but there are problems with that hypothesis as well.

But to say that there is an object that is not our sun emitting visible light that is only visible from the bottom of the Earth is just ridiculous. The gravitational effects alone would have betrayed this objects existence a long time ago, if it were real.

How do you know what the exact gravitational effects would be for every possible object in space? We don't know every detail about what's out there and even the ones we do know about, we don't know exactly how they would react with earth, if they were close.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

You still have not answered my question . With all that knowledge you possess I would have expected an answer . I f you don't know , say you don't know .

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by shasta9600

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

reply to post by Plugin

How do you know what the exact gravitational effects would be for every possible object in space? We don't know every detail about what's out there and even the ones we do know about, we don't know exactly how they would react with earth, if they were close.

LOL..... Seriously? Did you ever go to school? If yes, then, in the words of Dr. Sheldon Cooper: Your posting is a scathing indictement of the american education system!

Now go and wash that egg off your face.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join