It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all the South Facing Cams In Antarctica - Out-Of-Service?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Well, since it was supposed to have first shown up in 2003 I don't think there is an expiration date. It's the global disaster that keeps on giving.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I refuse to accept that we're going to be subjected to this horse# for decades yet to come.

If all these signs are happening now, there's no way these loons can claim the damn thing is still on its way in 5-10 years. No way.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Every time I come across these kind of threads I cannot help thinking it is a tribute to one of the great thinkers from the past. He wrote about what he called a super neutron in 1941.

he discovered that a planet with no gravitational field had entered the Solar System from the region of the south celestial pole and remained undiscovered by other astronomers. Hayes compares the planet to a "super-neutron", and he claims that it is heading for the Sun... destroying the Sun the way a neutron causes a uranium nucleus to fission.

When the Earth is not destroyed, Hayes theorizes that this is because the Sun is like a cadmium nucleus among the uranium nuclei of other stars—able to absorb the super-neutron without undergoing fission.

linky

I think a lot of today's Niburu theorizing has it's origin in this. Some key elements are present, even in this short summary. If you could get hold of the complete read, you would discover a lot more elements that made it into the 21 century.

The good doctor would be amused.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

If above is the source of much of the elements woven into planet-x stuff, the expire date should be 5th of march 2144 at 14:17:30 to complete the tribute. The date being the date super-neutron was accepted to be published and the time and year being the actual year and time the destruction of earth, calculated in it.

But, I think the tribute might survive even that.

edit on 26/10/12 by D.Wolf because: typo

edit on 26/10/12 by D.Wolf because: time fixed to add 8 minutes for the distruction to reach earth.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Why would it be inside the moons orbit? Based on what I've read about Niribu (i'm not sure i believe in it), it would be ever be closer than the sun any time in it's orbit. It also is dark dead, and gas mass, that would not be visible to the naked eye. Everything people talk about as far is Niribu matches this and indeed is possible.

I'm not saying it's real, but the way people are 'seeing it' would work like this baised on what we know about a dark star.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The original UFO sighting that set off the Nibiru/Brown Dwarf speculation was cropped from an unretouched web cam image.

In the same family of UFO's as Roswell but with a later key date.
Trying not to hijack the thread here, but don't want to merely echo the other posters..
When you have multiple elements interacting in quantum complexity you get a lot of different answers.

There is probably a white Studebaker out there buried in the snow somewhere, I saw one like it here at the museum in Indiana.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If any one is interested the Bible does talk about the earth being turned upside down and reeling in it's orbit like a drunkard in Isaiah Chapter 24 . End times described in Matthew 24 and Revelations 6 chapter 12 describes great earthquakes and the sun and moon being darkened . Certainly the bible describes a great upheaval in the earths orbit and gravitational disturbance of extraordinary proportions . In the world events concerning todays economic problems and the upcoming war in Israel , the bible is spot on .

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Here's what you should know if Nibiru does exist, it wouldn't even be as bright as jupiter in the night sky until it was very, very close. This is straight from my astronomer friend who worked with IRAS telescope years ago:

A mature brown dwarf glows in infrared. It has a temperature of something like 1000 to 2500 degrees Celsius. An object that hot puts out very little visible light, but gives off more infrared. Not that they're all that bright: they are so faint that the first brown dwarf discovered, named Gliese 229b, eluded detection until 1995! It glows feebly at about magnitude 25 in visible light. That makes it roughly 1/40,000,000th the brightness of the faintest star visible to the unaided eye, and takes a fair sized telescope to see at all.

However (and this is a big however), Gliese 229b is a long way off: about 18 light years away, or roughly 200 trillion kilometers! If we go with Mr. Hazlewood's claim that Planet X is a brown dwarf, we can assume it is much like Gliese 229b. At a distance of even Pluto's orbit, Planet X would be a billion times brighter, glowing visibly at magnitude 2, making it a relatively bright star! Mind you, as I write this (July 2002) it must be significantly closer to us than Pluto, and proportionally brighter. It would be the third brightest object in the sky (only the Moon and Sun would be brighter). We don't see it, which leads me to the conclusion that it doesn't exist.

Even if we assume that, somehow, magically, Planet X does not glow in the visible (even though Mr. Hazlewood claims many times in his book that it does indeed glow), it would still reflect sunlight. A brown dwarf has about the same size as Jupiter (due to the way planets behave, piling more mass onto Jupiter won't make it bigger, it'll make it denser). Jupiter is actually the fourth brightest object in the sky, so a reflecting brown dwarf would be similarly bright. However, again, we don't see it

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
If any one is interested the Bible does talk about the earth being turned upside down and reeling in it's orbit like a drunkard in Isaiah Chapter 24 . End times described in Matthew 24 and Revelations 6 chapter 12 describes great earthquakes and the sun and moon being darkened . Certainly the bible describes a great upheaval in the earths orbit and gravitational disturbance of extraordinary proportions . In the world events concerning todays economic problems and the upcoming war in Israel , the bible is spot on .

The Bible has never been spot on with anything. Superstition isn't science.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by vpjanitorial
Here's what you should know if Nibiru does exist, it wouldn't even be as bright as jupiter in the night sky until it was very, very close. This is straight from my astronomer friend who worked with IRAS telescope years ago:

A mature brown dwarf glows in infrared. It has a temperature of something like 1000 to 2500 degrees Celsius. An object that hot puts out very little visible light, but gives off more infrared. Not that they're all that bright: they are so faint that the first brown dwarf discovered, named Gliese 229b, eluded detection until 1995! It glows feebly at about magnitude 25 in visible light. That makes it roughly 1/40,000,000th the brightness of the faintest star visible to the unaided eye, and takes a fair sized telescope to see at all.

But Gliese 229B is far away from our sun or any other sun. That's one reason why it's hard to see from Earth.

If a brown dwarf was inside our solar system -- even as far away as Jupiter or Saturn -- then it should be at least as bright as Jupiter or Saturn. Those planets don't give off ANY of their own light (let alone give off faint light like a brown dwarf), but they reflect more than enough light to be seen by us here on Earth.

edit on 10/26/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by vpjanitorial

Here's what you should know if Nibiru does exist, it wouldn't even be as bright as jupiter in the night sky until it was very, very close.

How did you get that from what your astronomer friend said? Read it again and again until you get it.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by vpjanitorial

Did you even read what he said?

At a distance of even Pluto's orbit, Planet X would be a billion times brighter, glowing visibly at magnitude 2, making it a relatively bright star!
Pluto is not very, very close. Pluto is very, very far. Your friend is right.

edit on 10/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
"This Thread Contains Full Frontal Ignorance And May Not Be Suitable For All Readers. Reader's Discretion Is Advised"

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The video that is shown, you will look back on this thread and remember what you saw and say to yourselves wow TPTB were so clever in how they pulled the wool over our eyes and hid what they were so scared off, right in front of the sheeple's eyes.

Anyone thought that maybe there is something actually in the middle of our solar system that is far denser and heavier than Nibiru?
No?
Well maybe you should.
Maybe that is why Nibiru isn't having the effect you are expecting.

It can happen at any time!!!

In fact Nibiru is just a sign, it is not the scary bit! Look elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
To the bloke that keeps asking for people to name another telescope that is south facing, I thought that almost all of the telescopes down in the antarctic would be facing ....... up cause once you're that far south, where would south be but ...... up

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

Ha ha only when they dont want you to see something.

That is when they are usually done for no reason at all.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709
To the bloke that keeps asking for people to name another telescope that is south facing, I thought that almost all of the telescopes down in the antarctic would be facing ....... up cause once you're that far south, where would south be but ...... up

Yes, you're right. Another interesting thing about Nibiru is that it changes its position as the Earth rotates around the sun so that its directly south of the south pole. No matter where the Earth is in its yearly orbit of the sun, Nibiru is directly south. It also cloaks itself from those pesky amature astronomers by hiding behind; the sun, other planets, it's own gravity field and weather conditions on Earth. Nibiru has all the aces and has many sleeves.

It seems perfectly logical to believe that Nibiru exists from my own personal experiences.

/end sarcasm

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well wonder what they're covering up this time. Our nanny government and sidekick posse the MSM trying to "protect" us from what?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2

Well wonder what they're covering up this time. Our nanny government and sidekick posse the MSM trying to "protect" us from what?

You guys live your delusions, not even knowing what you're talking about. Neumayer III is owned and run by the german Alfred-Wegener Institute.

The Alfred Wegener Institute carries out research in the Arctic and Antarctic as well as in the high and mid latitude oceans. The institute coordinates German polar research and makes available to national and international science important infrastructure, e.g. the research ice breaker “Polarstern” and research stations in the Arctic and Antarctic.

It's a friggin webcam that's offline - that happens.... how in the world is that proof for "hiding something"?

This thread is truly idiotic.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Like this?

(thanks to defcon5)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join