It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People find identity within a cause, why? False identity.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by manykapao

Your true identity is not any thing. Not this and not that.
To put a label on yourself is to separate yourself from the whole. When you accept a label you become a slave.
You are no longer free.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by manykapao
People identify with causes, but why?

Obviously, you made this thread for a cause. Why? Can you answer your own question, please?
Is this really who you are, or did you do this to give us all a false identity about you?

What's your motive?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

what about when socially implied identities take the other route and are a negative force?
Is that natural as well? If so how can they be reinforced over time since by their very nature they put the society to employ them at odds with survival.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

in a way, I don't understand that entirely, but yes that can happen when you externalize your identity. Your true identity is entirely internal and is what aligns with a group or other such external force or entity.

sorry i had trouble thinking and typing as the exchange above was so funny....like eastern and western ideleogies clashing...brillian stuff!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

curiosity. To grow and learn.

maybe I am AI.

no. Why do you fear being honest, or at least allowing yourself to and not report back here? I think people are scared to pry open the hood of the car, so to speak, for fear that they might mess something up.

No alternative motive beyond growth.

I swear on my honor.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

there is an inherent I, yes absolutely.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

there is an inherent I, yes absolutely.

All seeing, all knowing and everpresent I.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

well the I am I am could be implied to be such.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I have heard of multi tasking

but multi masking, wow this is a great conceptulization

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

well the I am I am could be implied to be such.

What do you mean by 'the I am I am'?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

curiosity. To grow and learn.

maybe I am AI.

no. Why do you fear being honest, or at least allowing yourself to and not report back here? I think people are scared to pry open the hood of the car, so to speak, for fear that they might mess something up.

No alternative motive beyond growth.

I swear on my honor.

Okay then, because in my opinion your thread is telling people who identify with a cause how you perceive them to be. It's what you see as a reflection of who they are in your mind. Lot's of people identify with causes and you would never know because they don't talk about it. What about those people?

If a person get's up everyday, you might perceive them to be driven and hard working.
If they go to ballet lessons, you might perceive them as being gifted at dance.
If a person goes to church, you might perceive them as being religious.........the list goes on an on.

People do what they do, and should not have to suffer the labels of your perception.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

yes this could be about MY perception but really it is about the internal process within the individual, not how he sees others, but how he sees himself in relation to the world.
edit on 26-10-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

If you stick to 'the I am' and do not add any label on the end of it, you will not have a false identity.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

We need to construct an imagine of Seer to be seen. Introspection for clarifying the object in the Seers view. Who is the true Seer, can it be identified and by whom...The false identity..Who is the false indentiy in this thread?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I do not follow...?

you are human, you are Asian

you are, anything,.

your identity then is only what you are born with. once you retire you are no longer a cop, or a plumber or anything where a state of inactivation is inevitable or possible.

If I can be expelled from the catholic church, then perhaps I was never catholic. ect

I think I am not understanding you.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Hefficide

what about when socially implied identities take the other route and are a negative force?
Is that natural as well? If so how can they be reinforced over time since by their very nature they put the society to employ them at odds with survival.

Negativity is not always a universal and is often a subjective judgment. In war, for example, the victor usually sees his victory as a positive, but the vanquished rarely share that view.

History shows us that the "herd" tends to ( eventually ) excise the negatives through popular demand and general lack of acceptance. This can take decades, or even centuries to happen, but it does happen. I do not see this as being at odds with survival at all - in fact it is exactly what evolution would predict.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I do not follow...?

you are, anything,.

your identity then is only what you are born with. once you retire you are no longer a cop, or a plumber or anything where a state of inactivation is inevitable or possible.

If I can be expelled from the catholic church, then perhaps I was never catholic. ect

The identity you were born with was not labeled and believed. Babies are born wordless - they have a system of symbols planted later.
Were you not named (labelled) after birth? You believe you are 'human' or/and 'Asian' because someone gave you another label. What are you really? What are you when you remove the labels placed upon you?

edit on 26-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I do not follow...?

you are, anything,.

The masks that caused us to believe in the false indentity...
Now every one take off their false masks and we will see eachothers true identify

edit on 26-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Have you seen the film 'The Golden Compass'?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
ok, I see what you are saying and agree. very much so.

Without what we take on as baggage, we are true.

It is not an addition of a perfect or pure title, name, label, form, or identity.

It is the stripping of all of that, perfect and not, that reveals the true self all that was piled upon.

It is in essence at the very heart of this thread.

I believe we have reached its core. Excellent for those that followed. I am glad.

I am.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join