It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ExxonMobil British oil boss Nicholas Mockford gunned down in Belgium 'hit'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Forget for a moment that he was an Exxon exec. An extremely wealthy man on his second marriage was gunned down professional hit style and the wife was just "beaten"?
who gets the insurance money?
Who gets the estate?
What's the story with the first wife?
Had he recently met with his lawyer about changing his will?
How old was she?...maybe he was going to.leave her like he did his first wife for a younger women and she knew it.
What about the adult kids? Did they have any financial or gambling or drug issues?
I believe a significant percentage of murderer are committed over love or money.
Tried getting some info on kids, first and second wife but wasn't having much luck with google.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I did some quick googling... (About all I can do anyways.)

Looks like this guy wasn't going to "greenwash" existing operations and was high enough in rank to have some say in that matter. So he didn't toe the line with what other execs at the company wanted. That kind of PR might hurt certain sweetheart deals with some well known contractors in that industry which already have a shady reputation. (*cough cough* Iraq...) Not to mention that he seemingly was trying to push the company into other sources of production (full synthetics or biofuels) that didn't involve them.

So you have a guy that's high up enough with what appears to be a decent enough business and personal reputation that you can't just outright can him without raising questions. And he's likely been inside long enough where he knows too much. So, how do others at the company get rid of him?

Not to say that he's clean, but I figured it's something that needs more research in regards to this.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I don't think we should assume he was one of the bad guy based entirely on who he worked for. At this point for all we know he could have been killed for the sole reason of not being one of the bad guys and knowing something he should not know. Exxon mobile is a Rockefeller business and I do know enough about them to know they are the bad guys but that doesn't mean everyone working for them is. Those who they may have killed in particular.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Strakha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Strakha

He was a department manager at their Brussels office. You would probably be amazed how far down the rot goes in major corporations and government offices. It's sick. No one is innocent. Everyone falls into one level or another of complicity. If you're not thinking up a scheme or scam, you're instigating one, you're promoting something, you're manipulating something, or any other number of actions that can be taken to have things your way. At the very least you're looking the other way, but that's for the receptionists and other lowest level workers. You don't get anywhere unless you're willing to sell at least part of your soul.

Who here hasn't known at least one "really great guy" in their lifetime, but deep inside you know you wouldn't trust them to water your houseplants? People are so very seldom what they seem to be.

Yes, this could have been a carjacking. but then why not actually steal the car? They kill the guy, hit-style, beat the living daylights out of his wife but then leave the vehicle behind? Say what now? The other alternative is that it's a hit. But why? He was a such a great....oh yeah. Maybe he had secrets. Maybe it wasn't necessarily work-related. Maybe it was. Brussels is a filthy place. He may not have been upper echelon staff but that doesn't mean his hands weren't somewhere they shouldn't have been.

Hits aren't made for no reason.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
People are absolutely clueless how dangerous and crazy things are getting.

You said it!!

Nobody notices because frogs. As in, the frog in the pot will sit in the water and slowly boil, because it is too dumb (or distracted) to notice he's just boiled to death without even trying to get out.

Frogs..

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrlondon
I agree that this story reads like a plant to divert attention from other issues.

I think we can all agree that Every news article sounds like a plant to divert attention from other issues... Every week now? !! the think boxes at the cia headquarters must be glowing red on overload coming up with new schemes and plans and killing people and nuking babies somewhere in dont'nuke'my'baby'stan.. all covertly and like magic before your very eyes, the illusion occurs and you never even notice..

I don't really think they're diversions. just in case someone isn't sure.. 8^]

which is not to say things don't warrant a proper look. as opposed to the default assumption. O..o

edit on 27-10-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Im from Belgium, this came into the news immediatly, no tight lid.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
So i am asking myself what will be changed this way now that this man is dead.

Was he the top head?
edit on 27-10-2012 by Gedo:Rinne Tensei because: minor change in words

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The fact is they wanted Belgion Chocolate to power cars, not oil. So they were ticted off as you can imagine!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I saw someone make a lame attempt in this thread to throw in a "occupy mentality" comment in order to derail the topic at hand, or to somehow tie the Occupy Movement to this kind of violence. ( I wonder who they're working for? ). People have mentioned the idea that "average people" are getting fed up with the economy, and that they might start taking matters into their own hands. Another person mentioned the wife's intentions.

In my mind, this was obviously a professional hit, right out of the playbook. No robbery of any kind occured.
In addition, what kind of "average person" has the wherewithall and resources to track the movements and whereabouts of a corporate executive? It's not impossible, but not likely. The executive would have to be an absolute creature of habit in order for the "Average Joe" to keep up with him.
This was an act that lacked emotion or passion. A disgruntled former employee or someone who had experienced some kind of personal loss due to this man's actions ( or inactions ) would have done this in a much more more personal way, and most likely would have gone into "over kill" mode and made a real mess. And let's not forget that this crime wasn't perpetrated by a lone gunman - this was a Team Hit. To me, that screams intelligence agency or corporate involvement.

I find it interesting that the word "blackmail" came into play in the press. What's that all about? That to me seems to be a big clue. Perhaps he moonlighted as an intelligence agent. Corporations and executives are often playing hand in glove with government intelligence agencies. Maybe he wanted out. Maybe he wanted in. Perhaps he wanted more money, and he was the one threatening some form of blackmail, and his bluff was called in a major way. Perhaps he did indeed have a strong case for Green Energy usages, and the oil cronies found this to be financially inconvenient ( and I find this scenario very plausible ).

So the judge orders a media blackout - which is done ( supposedly ) with these types of "more serious" murder cases ( as if ALL murder cases aren't serious??? ). These elements are like a trail of bread crumbs being left along the path to more solid evidence. This does appear indeed to be a classic "Who Done It" here in the real world. My prediction is that this case will fade from public sight very quickly, and the case will never be satisfactorally resolved.
But a car jacking??? BULL$#!T
edit on 27-10-2012 by moonzoo7 because: typo

edit on 27-10-2012 by moonzoo7 because: punctuation

edit on 27-10-2012 by moonzoo7 because: added content

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

Can you please post a link of the news release then? Because the date on the article in the Independent is the 26th and it specifically says:

The oil giant ExxonMobil said today it did not believe the murder – which occurred on 14 October but was not revealed until today – was linked to Mr Mockford’s work.

Would you please confirm your statement? Thanks.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonzoo7
I saw someone make a lame attempt in this thread to throw in a "occupy mentality" comment in order to derail the topic at hand, or to somehow tie the Occupy Movement to this kind of violence. ( I wonder who they're working for? ). People have mentioned the idea that "average people" are getting fed up with the economy, and that they might start taking matters into their own hands. Another person mentioned the wife's intentions.

In my mind, this was obviously a professional hit, right out of the playbook. No robbery of any kind occured.
In addition, what kind of "average person" has the wherewithall and resources to track the movements and whereabouts of a corporate executive? It's not impossible, but not likely. The executive would have to be an absolute creature of habit in order for the "Average Joe" to keep up with him.
This was an act that lacked emotion or passion. A disgruntled former employee or someone who had experienced some kind of personal loss due to this man's actions ( or inactions ) would have done this in a much more more personal way, and most likely would have gone into "over kill" mode and made a real mess. And let's not forget that this crime wasn't perpetrated by a lone gunman - this was a Team Hit. To me, that screams intelligence agency or corporate involvement.

I find it interesting that the word "blackmail" came into play in the press. What's that all about? That to me seems to be a big clue. Perhaps he moonlighted as an intelligence agent. Corporations and executives are often playing hand in glove with government intelligence agencies. Maybe he wanted out. Maybe he wanted in. Perhaps he wanted more money, and he was the one threatening some form of blackmail, and his bluff was called in a major way. Perhaps he did indeed have a strong case for Green Energy usages, and the oil cronies found this to be financially inconvenient ( and I find this scenario very plausible ).

So the judge orders a media blackout - which is done ( supposedly ) with these types of "more serious" murder cases ( as if ALL murder cases aren't serious??? ). These elements are like a trail of bread crumbs being left along the path to more solid evidence. This does appear indeed to be a classic "Who Done It" here in the real world. My prediction is that this case will fade from public sight very quickly, and the case will never be satisfactorally resolved.
But a car jacking??? BULL$#!T

edit on 27-10-2012 by moonzoo7 because: punctuation

edit on 27-10-2012 by moonzoo7 because: added content

I am self employed. I made my comment in response to the people who implied that this person deserved to be killed in retribution for the alleged evils the corporate world carries out. I attribute the mindset that corporations are all evil and that CEOs are all corrupt people who exploit normal citizens to hangers on of the occupy movement, which was originally an anarchist movement(At least in NYC, the anarchists took charge and implemented a system whereby action could only be taken by universal consensus... Amazing how nothing managed to get done with such a brilliant system in place).

Here is what I wrote, and what you slandered:
Anyone who thinks this killing is justified as has been previously implied is just plain sick. The occupy mindset of evil corporations and evil people has spread to disgusting levels.

I did not attribute the killing to the occupy movement, merely the hideous responses of some people to a mans death.
edit on 27-10-2012 by steppenwolf86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2012 by steppenwolf86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
My guess is Mr. Oilman called a hit and this was a revenge hit, or the oil companies are in some kind of secret war. Almost like gang/mafia warfare...

More details will come soon I bet.

-SAP-

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
If this is what the cops are coming out with as their best theory, they really need to have a total rethink:

Mrs Mockford said the men had shouted 'Money, money, car, car,' as they attacked the couple, reported the Sunday Times.

The couple had just left Italian restaurant Da Mercello, after celebrating their 17th wedding anniversary. Mr Mockford told his wife 'We will never leave each other,' only moments before the attack at about 10pm on October 14.

Two men in crash helmets attacked the pair and Mrs Mockford cried out 'My husband, my husband!' as she lay bleeding on the pavement.

Detectives believe Mr Mockford was killed by a 'nervous criminal' who experienced a 'violent rage' before firing four bullets in quick succession. A senior investigator said: 'A nervous criminal is likely to have got into a violent rage as the couple effectively fought back,' quoting expert police profilers.

Source

Is it just me or does that whole statement Mrs Mockford allegedly gave look really badly scripted? Everyone there says everything twice, eh? Like in a cheap 1940s comic book.

As I noted previously, these guys want to mug them but then take none of their goodies along but rather fly into a rage and leave instead a live and coherent witness after shooting her husband four times. Why not shoot her? He had more bullets. If it were rage, he would have killed her too and at least taken some cash.

Well, I'm no criminal but I can't imagine anyone doing all the rest of that and leaving behind everything they came for, plus a live witness.

Let's hope the detectives start detecting something useful. If not, then: Guys, give me a call. Show me what you've got and I'll sort it out for you.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
People who murder are on the problem side of the equation, not the solution side. Killing is not the answer.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Not so fast there, Geraldo. We can all agree that assassination wouldn't be anyone's first choice but when your choices are limited, you pick from what's left. There is no such thing as political reform. The political system is completely rigged and corrupt. There is no chance of a grass-roots reform, as that requires reputable journalism. If assassination becomes a form of dialog between 99% and the 1%, it's not like the 99% invented it. Assassination has been one of the handier tools of the 1% for quite some time... so handy that all the bright, charismatic leaders of the people seem to die young. Go figure.

A two person resistance cell just makes sense. The one percenters are experts at infiltrating groups. If you belong to a group that has members you haven't known your whole life, you've been infiltrated. Simple as that. Once again, what and who we oppose defines resistance. You will never bring a culture of violence to terms with pacifism. Grazing cows are pacifists and they go to the slaughter house. Just saying.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
We live in an age of lawlessness. There are transnational hit squads roaming the planet eliminating individual that are or might cause national interests a problem. There are drones flying all over the place killing people that put videos on youtube insulting the US, Israel executes any Palestinian living anywhere on the planet.

These 'hits' are normal.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ml5edT0death
We live in an age of lawlessness. There are transnational hit squads roaming the planet eliminating individual that are or might cause national interests a problem. There are drones flying all over the place killing people that put videos on youtube insulting the US, Israel executes any Palestinian living anywhere on the planet.

These 'hits' are normal.

The more one studies the everyday normal occurrence of media corruption, the more one comes to realise how totally manipulated is the message. Take it for granted that someone, somewhere is looking at everything put out for consumption and making alterations to suit. Without civilian collaboration, there is no way of knowing anything in this article is remotely near truth. The whole thing could be fabricated. It also begs the question if political murders of CEO's would ever be reported in the media? I have doubts.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I am a relative, he was a good man and worked for many years on alternative fuels. He chose the Lexus SUV as it was a hybrid FYI.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MrRedshifter

Where has this investigation gone then? Why was it called a hit by the press two weeks after it occurred and no information released until that extraordinary time had passed? Why hold back info only to dangle a red herring in front of the public this way?

Not one thing about this story adds up. Mr Relative/Redshifter, please do keep us informed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join