It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcohol

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

I don't think any of us here are trained or qualified to give advice especially when it comes to addictive substances !! The best we can do is relate our own experiences and how it affected our lives !

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I know ill get a lot of flack for this but here goes nothing.

ALCOHOL is the gateway to all other illegal drugs.

Ill give my reasons why i came to this conclusion ,
I,E
When under the influence your judgment to say the least

is very poor(first hand experience)

This led on to every other substance that i tried i,e W,A,C,H,E,C.(THEY ARE ALL INITIALS)c+c are really the same but one is made with s/b and a test tube and heat .

gladly im totaly free from all this crap.

With one more thing to add the only reason booze is legal is the tax profit.

And did you know more people are affected due to alcohol than any other substance combined.

philware MaryhINGE.

PS
This # nearly killed me,I think im one of the lucky ones

I also dont touch alcohol anymore (i have lost count how many years but ill guess at 15 years)

I have also lost lots of "freinds" to both subjects legal/illegal. RANT OVER.

Nearly forgot i packed the fags/cigs in 3 days after i stopped tacking amphet.

And for those you seek inspiration ,When you know you need to end all afflictions

you will concur ALL YOU SKELETONS as i did (its a matter of life and death)

I REALLY HOPE THIS HELPS AT LEAST ONE PERSON

edit on 26/10/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Some really important messages here!

I think I might be blowing things out of proportion in my own case. But I think I will not drink any at all anymore, because I don't want to spend my time worrying about it. I've had some strange changes happening to me lately concerning my diet, and this just might be part of that. Like I don't feel like eating meat anymore either (but that is not due to any decision or ethics, just lack of appetite for it).

I've just seen so much damage come from people drinking, and it sounds like many of you have experienced that too, some first hand.

I don't want to put down those that are able to do it without abusing it or becoming dependant, I just am too afraid I can't be one of those because of my genes! I might be wrong. But it can't hurt to avoid the risk. Besides, I have kids, and one of them might be prone to substance abuse, and he's too old for me to control, but I can try to set an example at least.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm about to drink tonight. It's my birthday. So yes, I'm gonna drink.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I think I might be blowing things out of proportion in my own case. But I think I will not drink any at all anymore, because I don't want to spend my time worrying about it. I've had some strange changes happening to me lately concerning my diet, and this just might be part of that. Like I don't feel like eating meat anymore either (but that is not due to any decision or ethics, just lack of appetite for it).

Bluesma i think your ove reacting. Remember basket ball court analogy...be a participant...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Maybe your just getting older and WISER!!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Im not about to try to try tell the OP whether to drink or not (in fact , there are very few people that I would even bring up the subject with) however , a good rule of thumb to me is this.: can you drink yourself comatose ? If yes then well .... you've guessed it ...... its probably best to stop.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

While I was in my 20's and 30's,I would drink pretty heavily.I was even
arrested once for public intoxication.I was not happy when I came to and
found myself locked up.When it was morning and I needed to go to work,
I found out I had to have someone bail me out.I called my boyfriend and he
didn't believe me until I started crying.
Now,I am in my late 50's and I drink once in a while.I don't allow myself to
get drunk and I drink with my husband present.I drink whiskey,rum and gin
mixed with these fruit- flavored sodas called ice.My husband and I have a
date night on the week-end and that's when I usually have a drink.
If you find yourself not being able to control your drinking,then stop for awhile.
Control your drinking and don't let drinking control you.I need to use this same
advice for myself on other addictive issues...chocolate and snack cakes!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
Some really important messages here!

I've just seen so much damage come from people drinking, and it sounds like many of you have experienced that too, some first hand.

I don't want to put down those that are able to do it without abusing it or becoming dependant, I just am too afraid I can't be one of those because of my genes! I might be wrong. But it can't hurt to avoid the risk. Besides, I have kids, and one of them might be prone to substance abuse, and he's too old for me to control, but I can try to set an example at least.

i can relate to that as well since it began to happen to me several weeks ago and i have no idea why. i cannot eat heavy fat laden foods any longer, it just turns my stomach and i'm not real happy about that i might add.

i'm hoping i get used to it and i suppose i will but it's just plain weird to me. my doctor will enjoy, it i'm sure of that.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
My Personal opinion... Step Away From The Booz, all together. I did over a year ago, although i never really drank much, had a job where i wasnt home often, and could not drink on work days, so the few times i was home during the month, i had a few, but nothing big..

Now i am sitting here dying... no not just words, i am literally dying right now... doc says at most i have 2 years left, the only way for me to survive to a old age is if someone else dies and i get their body parts... now on the surface that dosent sound to drastic, but when you sit down and seriously think about it, that is some mind blowing stuff.

I found out the hard way last year that some how some time in my life i had contracted hepatitis C, not exactly sure how, who know, at this stage its not really important, but until last year i had no clue i was even sick, though i was as healthy as a horse, looking back i wonder how much those occasional drinks added to my demise..

If i had never had anything to drink in my life, would i be where i am now? how much real damage did drinking do? sadly i'll never know, but since diagnosed, i walked away from drinking of any kind, and had no problem doing so, sure there are days where a nice cold beer sounds yummy, but i would never drink one, no mater how good it sounds.

My advise to all, stop drinking, there are those that will think im nuts, and hey thats ok, but in the long term what you do even on a occasional level will have a effect on your body, and you may not notice it now, or next year, or in 20 years, but when you do, the regret of looking back and wondering is not worth it...

i am probably not going to get to see my daughter get married, nor see them graduate high school, those are real, if i had not drank anything ever in my life, would that be different? who knows, but i wish i did not regret finding out.

Drinking is no big deal, until things go out of control, sure drinking alone, i would probably of been fine, but mixed with the hep C i am sure over the years the combination of occasional drink here or there did not help things at all.

Life is short, dont do anything that could cause it to be shorter. You are better off leaving it alone than wondering what if.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join