It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Hurricane Sandy interfere with voting for the NorthEastern USA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This Frankenstorm is slated to as I have heard recently, "Cause some property damage and may keep voters from the polls because of the time it may take to pass through". What if that happens? What happens when a whole section of the USA doesn't get to vote and they still name a President? I think we could be looking at a lot of civil unrest. Can they postpone elections for this type of thing? Let them send in absentee ballots? Let them vote from a different state/burough? I think this might be dangerous in more than one way.

edit on 25-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I've wondered the same thing.

I'm in Phoenix so obviously we won't be affected. How do they handle it if people can't vote? Has anything similar ever occurred does anyone know?

To be honest I'm more concerned with how the storm is going to affect football this weekend.

edit on 26-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I don't know there could be real contention (SP?) if these states are not counted or even sections of the states are not counted and a lot of ticked off people. Leave it to hit them now, also I live in Fl so we may be affected too. I hope this isn't a HAARP thing to make sure certain voters won't be able to vote.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I hope this isn't a HAARP thing to make sure certain voters won't be able to vote.

It is ironic that a storm of this of this strength is approaching at such an important time. I've looked at a couple projected path maps and even those look strange. They show this thing heading out to the Atlantic then making a "u turn" and heading back for the New England area. It may be normal it just looks a little strange to me.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Do you think it will still be around in two weeks?

Here is the forecast track map. It should not effect the election on Nov. 6th

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

No maybe not the storm but what about the clean up?

I remember a storm this past summer it took then over a week to restore power. I think it was Kentucky or maybe it was a little more east.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Live in the northeast, states and utility companies already taking heavy precautions.

Connecticut Light and Power is looking for 2300 pro lineworkers to come in from the midwest to begin with. I don't doubt many other states are doing the same. We've been thrashed two years in a row now so people are really starting to take precaution.

top topics

join