It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prove Me Wrong About Obama Please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Whether you think it's the voters, the powers that be, or some unseen force of history....

It's clear at this point that Romney has the southern swing states. Florida is gone for Obama, North Carolina is definitely gone, and Virginia is going. This has become about NH, IA, OH, MI, PA, NH and WI. Obama is polling in the 46-48 percent range and consistently behind Romney. Bush by comparison was up about 2-3 over Kerry right now.

If Obama wins he's going to do so with significantly less electoral and popular votes then he did last time. Give me a precedent for an incumbent President winning re-election with both significantly less popular and electoral votes than he won his first term with. Or explain to me why this election should be any different.

Here's what I see looking back:

Bush II: Actually won popular vote second time, as opposed to losing it. Slightly expanded electoral lead.
Clinton: Expanded popular lead, despite never getting 50% or over. Expanded electoral lead.
Bush I: LOST
Reagan: Expanded both leads by landslide margins, even considering how good he did against Carter.
Carter: LOST
FORD: Actually never won a Presidential election, oddly enough.
NIXON: Expanded leads, winning 49 states in 1972.
JOHNSON: Didn't run for second (2.5) term
KENNEDY: Assassinated
EISENHOWER: Comfortably won both times
TRUMAN: Eeked out a win in 48...but that was the only time he ever actually ran

There's modern history folks. No President that's taken as much of a hit as Obama has from his previous performance, has ever gone on to win a second term. Let's chat.

EDIT: There seems to be a general rule here folks. If an incumbent is not doing equally well or (mainly) better than he did the first time around, that means the nation is poised to unseat him and will shift to the challenger. Feel free to dig back further than Truman to find a comparison. But at this point Obama is Bush 1992 or Carter 1980 all over. So, come one, give us a precedent.
edit on 25-10-2012 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Obamas chance of winning depends on a few things..

-fraud
-stupidity of the populace
-Fiat

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Who cares?

Meet the new boss, same as old boss.

Now get back to work!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

The way Ron Paul was treated at the GOP Convention will be Romneys downfall.

RP supporters will write him in, or Gary Johnson, those Lost Votes will crush him.

Your Proved Wrong.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Obama probably won't win the election.

Mostly because he's been made to look like an idiot when it comes to the economy. Which by the way is doing fabulous, other than the fact that it's a fiat economy.

Romney doesn't intend to do anything about that little fact either. So really the point is moot. Either Romney starts another war and the country goes bankrupt, or Obama starts a trade war with China, and you go bankrupt.

Not much of a choice if you ask me.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Ehh I wouldn't put too much faith into these polls that have Romney ahead by 2 or 3 points.

Romney is leading in the southern states by 22+ points, which is inflating the polls all across the board. If Obama wins Wisconsin and Ohio then Romney is toast.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I'm a little curious. Where are the Ron Paul supporters? In polls, the "undecided" and "other" voters total, what, 4%? How many do you think there are that haven't switched to one or the other major candidate? Why should the Ron Paul supporters have much say in this election?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Weak. I heard that same stuff about Bush in 2004. This nation is still a nation. People don't go up and stay up by full points nationally if there's not gonna be momentum in states that matter. They're called swing/bellweather states for a reason.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

You've got your parties mixed up. Those are traditional republican values.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I tend to believe Romneys lead is like Obamas unemployment rate... much much higher than anyone thinks.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rastus3663

Right .. and the RNC holds their convention in Chicago.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

its called the electoral college, Romney might take the popular vote but if Obama takes Ohio and Wisconsin he's going to win via the electoral college

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

its called the electoral college, Romney might take the popular vote but if Obama takes Ohio and Wisconsin he's going to win via the electoral college

Im from Ohio .. Obarry wont win Ohio.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Here's all the evidence you need, AND MORE!!!

0:30+

lol

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

And I'm from Texas!

Mittens will not win Texas

See just how stupid you sound?

edit on 10/26/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Especially in New Hampshire and Maine. It will be a SHOCK if Romney wins these.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild

-fraud
-Fiat

No actually the republicans have been caught cheating and suppressing votes this this election. They're terrified of Obama.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Im from Ohio .. Obarry wont win Ohio.

All I've seen are Obama signs all over northern Ohio. Though that's not really indicative...I'm just sayinn......

edit on 26-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz

-fraud
-Fiat

No actually the republicans have been caught cheating and suppressing votes this this election. They're terrified of Obama.

Other than the guy in PA? I think.. there has been no other stories of cheating, to my knowledge.

But it does not negate the ineptitude of Obama as president. The people are smarter then you give credit.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Republican early voter law Ohio

www.cleveland.com...

Tea party group targeting democratic voters and counties in Ohio

www.latimes.com...

Breaking: GOP Caught Red Handed, Election Fraud in Indiana

www.dailykos.com...

From this article alone;
GOP Voter Fraud Accusations Suddenly Blowing Up In Their Faces

In Palm Beach County, Fla., alone, about 100 questionable voter registrations were flagged, more than half of which involved changing a voter’s party affiliation to Republican or independent. Discrepancies were also found in North Carolina.

A few weeks earlier, the GOP had been under fire following reports of suspicious registration applications that had been submitted in 10 Florida counties by a company run by Nathan Sproul, a Republican operative who has long been trailed by allegations of voter fraud. The Republican Party paid Sproul's company, Strategic Allied Consulting, about $3 million this year for registration drives in five swing states: Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, Nevada, and Virginia.

And a viral video uploaded to YouTube in late September showed a young woman who worked for Strategic Allied Consulting registering voters in Colorado and admitting that she was only looking for Republicans. "Well, I'm actually trying to register people for a particular party. Because we're out here in support of Romney, actually," the woman said.

The latest drama began to unfold on Oct. 17, when the manager of a Tuesday Morning discount store in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley saw a man throwing a garbage bag into the store's private dumpster. Inside the bag was a file folder containing eight completed Virginia voter registration forms.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

And that's just going off what I can remember so far

But it does not negate the ineptitude of Obama as president. The people are smarter then you give credit.

As if voting for Romney means someone is intelligent. There aren't very many differences between Romney and Obama as they're both right wing.

edit on 26-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join