It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima fish still radioactive. Cesium levels that are just as high as they were after disaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Finally a report on the radiation of the fish near Fukushima

More than 40 percent of fish in the region contained levels greater than the new safe-consumption limit of 100 units per kg. Two greenling fish collected this August contained a surprisingly high level of 25,000 units.

"The fact that there's no significant decline in these fish suggests that the fish are being exposed to a constant supply of cesium either from their food or from the water."

Because bottom-dwellers contained more cesium than fish living higher up in the water column, cesium may have accumulated in sediments on the seafloor or in the worms and other invertebrates that live in the sediments. And because it takes 30 years for half of a sample of cesium to break down,

Buesseler speculated that decades could pass before exposure levels decline significantly.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I know not all the fish we eat is contaminated, but how do we know what is safe? I choose not to take the chance,

edit on 25-10-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I am surprised this has went under the radar. Even the MSM here in Japan are reporting on this openly. It is like we have become numb to this kind of thing here in Japan. So much information comes out in the media about our situation here in Japan that a lot of it simply goes unnoticed. Cesium levels are still very high in Japan. We are dealing with massive radiation spreading across Japan and the world.

Japan is my home and I have no fear to live here and fight for our tiny island nation. Yes, I am a immigrate and I deal with racism on a scale most westerners would find shocking. Yet, I love Japan with all my heart. Despite the ethic majority struggling to accept me; I stand with them in solidarity.

I eat fish in Japan a lot. I have little choice in the matter due to current trade agreements and other, sadly, political factors. I am fully aware that there is a very good chance that I am eating nuked fish. It is a risk I am willing to take to keep up my independent journalism from right here in Tokyo.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I am a westerner in Japan. What level of racism in Japan is 'shocking'?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

Thank you for the confirmation of this information from a citizen of Japan.

I'm sorry you struggle with racism, as you seem so loyal as a citizen. May I ask where you immigrated from?

I would absolutely appreciate seeing a thread from you, if you see fit, in the near future of what the MSM of Japan is reporting to the citizens. Please think about it. Many ATS'rs would love to hear from you I'm sure!
edit on 31-10-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

join