It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why, after all the lies, do people still support Bush?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hobby

Originally posted by jmilici
Hobby, what about his integraty. Does that play a part in your/everyone's opinion? It is hard to deny that he has been caught in a number of lies(I will not list them or debate them here) but it seems a lot of people do not look at that. Why not? Does integraty not play a role in who you would want to lead this country? By no means am I saying Kerry will have more integraty than Bush. I simply do not know. They both to me seem to be about the same.

I agree that there all liars and they only tell you good things till you elect them. We just went through this here our leader promised lots and didn't follow through with any of what he promised. My concern with Kerry is..... does he have the back bone to stand tough against countries like North Korea......Bush is standing strong and not giving into Kim's demands. Does integraty play a role............yes it does....who says Kerry has anymore.

Kerry will almost certainly try and negociate to prevent a war; but without giving into any demands that are bad for anyone and will stand his ground, but if there is no option he will go to war, he wont back out... he does have the backbone to stand his ground or whatever "like bush" as you say, but he also has the brains to solve things peacefully, bush does not; the only method to bush is war.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by The_Squid]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
edsinger, I would rather not debate whether he lied or not it has been established in the public eye as well as the media that he did. I also actually agree (I am suprised considering that I do not agree with your opinion on a number of other threads) that Kerry, the CIA, the KGB, Congress, The Un and anybody else also lied during the run-up to the war. I am not disputing that.

Everybody seems to be basing there support for bush over the fact that he doesn't back down. Well I don't usually back down either. But I also know when to fight and not to fight. I also will not lie to someone to start a fight or get support for a fight. Most people under normal circumstances would of supported ousting Saddam, I myself included, only if it was necessary. I feel that Bush used everybody's feelings and expecially feers to wage this war.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Squid

Hobby, what about his integraty. Does that play a part in your/everyone's opinion? It is hard to deny that he has been caught in a number of lies(I will not list them or debate them here) but it seems a lot of people do not look at that. Why not? Does integraty not play a role in who you would want to lead this country? By no means am I saying Kerry will have more integraty than Bush. I simply do not know. They both to me seem to be about the same.

I agree that there all liars and they only tell you good things till you elect them. We just went through this here our leader promised lots and didn't follow through with any of what he promised. My concern with Kerry is..... does he have the back bone to stand tough against countries like North Korea......Bush is standing strong and not giving into Kim's demands. Does integraty play a role............yes it does....who says Kerry has anymore.

Kerry will almost certainly try and negociate to prevent a war; but without giving into any demands that are bad for anyone and will stand his ground, but if there is no option he will go to war, he wont back out... he does have the backbone to stand his ground or whatever "like bush" as you say, but he also has the brains to solve things peacefully, bush does not; the only method to bush is war.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by The_Squid]

Squid, I'm not so much worried that he doesn't know how to fight a war as I am that he may weaken our military. Do you think he'd cut many aspects of our military if elected? As he has voted for in the past.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmiliciEverybody seems to be basing there support for bush over the fact that he doesn't back down. Well I don't usually back down either. But I also know when to fight and not to fight. I also will not lie to someone to start a fight or get support for a fight. Most people under normal circumstances would of supported ousting Saddam, I myself included, only if it was necessary. I feel that Bush used everybody's feelings and expecially feers to wage this war.

Ok then I can respect that.

Please take a look at this then and maybe you can at least see another perspective. you dont have to agree with it but it is worth the look..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
honestly livenlearn I don't think we need to worry about that. In today's day and age it will be frowned upon to cut the military. Even I wouldl be against it. And I am against war. And just keep in mind I do not support Kerry either.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Thanks edsinger it will take me a little to read through it though. It might be a day or too before I comment.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

What you consider a POINTLESS thread is me trying to keep an open mind to other possibilities. I would like to come to more of an understanding of the average joe's view. In order to do that, I need to know how the average joe thinks and why he thinks that way. My suggestion to you is, if you think it is POINTLESS, don't read it.

This thread is pointless because there are 100's of these type threads all over ATS.

Now, on to your open mind. Its obvious that your mind is already made up. All we have to do is to read the title of your thread to see how you think. This is just another thread to try and create a bash-fest.

I love how you try and stereotype Bush supporters as an "average-joe" What is your definition of an "average joe?" Are you not an average joe? Are you an elitist, or better than those who support The President? It sure seems that way by what you posted to me.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trojanex

What you consider a POINTLESS thread is me trying to keep an open mind to other possibilities. I would like to come to more of an understanding of the average joe's view. In order to do that, I need to know how the average joe thinks and why he thinks that way. My suggestion to you is, if you think it is POINTLESS, don't read it.

This thread is pointless because there are 100's of these type threads all over ATS.

Now, on to your open mind. Its obvious that your mind is already made up. All we have to do is to read the title of your thread to see how you think. This is just another thread to try and create a bash-fest.

I love how you try and stereotype Bush supporters as an "average-joe" What is your definition of an "average joe?" Are you not an average joe? Are you an elitist, or better than those who support The President? It sure seems that way by what you posted to me.

Actually my mind is made up but I can still respect others with differing opinions. That's what having an open mind is about. Second, I am not stereotyping bush supporters as average joes. Every person on this thread/forum is an average joe to me. Myself included. You seem to be the only one who has a problem with this. I am trying my hardest for this to not be a bash fest. If I wasn't, I would be throwing around insults. Which I am not. Once again if you think this thread is pointless please do not read it. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Actually my mind is made up but I can still respect others with differing opinions. That's what having an open mind is about. Second, I am not stereotyping bush supporters as average joes. Every person on this thread/forum is an average joe to me. Myself included. You seem to be the only one who has a problem with this. I am trying my hardest for this to not be a bash fest. If I wasn't, I would be throwing around insults. Which I am not. Once again if you think this thread is pointless please do not read it. Thank you.

You picked a good topic to talk about you got alot of response......good job

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Thank you Hobby, I am also learning a good amount also. One problem I have been having, hence the reason I started this thread is understanding where alot of people are comming from. I have been preety heated for the last few years and am starting to calm down a little. Once again I need to say, thank you to all.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
jmilici,

I'm with you. I also can't understand how Bush could still enjoy so much support from Americans after all the lies he's told and the misleading he's done. If it weren't so blatant it would be one thing, but at times I feel like my intelligence is insulted. When justifying going into Iraq, his references to a "mushroom cloud" and insinuations that we were under an immediate threat made me sick to my stomach. BUT, most people bought into it then and STILL DO NOW!! Even after being shown evidence to the contrary, people (Americans) still fall for that line of grabage. It's unreal. How gullible can people be?

And even stranger, the rest of the world saw it for what it was worth. Only Americans fell for his lies. Strange, indeed.

It seems that Bush can lie at will and put it right in your face, and the American people don't seem to care. They will still knowingly vote for him on election day, regardless. I think it's a shame and an embarassment.

IMHO people confuse refusal to change position on an issue as a strength, rather than a weakness. An intelligent person will change views when the facts merit it; a moron won't. Even more so than Bush continually lying to us, it upsets me more that people don't even seem to care. It's appauling, and our nation has lost a lot of respect across the world for it.

If anyone's interested in some of the lies we've been told, then checkout the link www.house.gov...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Thanks edsinger it will take me a little to read through it though. It might be a day or too before I comment.

Not a problem, and thanks for at least looking at it before making a judgement, it is the least I can ask. Cheers!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
For all his faults, flaws and foibles, GWB is an honest, reliable, resolute man who is a proven leader of America in these most difficult times. John Kerry is a traitor--end of story.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
For all his faults, flaws and foibles, GWB is an honest, reliable, resolute man who is a proven leader of America in these most difficult times. John Kerry is a traitor--end of story.

John Kerry is a traitor--end of story

Yes he is and if folks reading this want to know why, well look no further than here

"The New Soldier" And some will actually vote for him..

20 Questions That John Kerry will NEVER answer** Getting real Good now

Top GOPers in 'Major Effort' to Uncover Kerry's Naval Discharge

This is the bombshell that will be the October Surprise.....

[edit on 19-10-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 19-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Terrorism Headlines 10/15/2004 # 1

National:

[WorldNetDaily.com] USA / IRAN - Pro-Iranian lobby funding Kerry

"Hundreds of thousands of dollars have been given to Kerry from the pro-Iranian lobby, possibly influencing the presidential candidate's startling call to provide Tehran with the nuclear fuel it seeks, "

I recieve these alerts and this is one that came in the other day. I have no idea if its true or not read the info yourself and you be the judge.
www.terroristwarning.com... Oct 15/04

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

www.terroristwarning.com... Oct 15/04

The only thing I can say about this site for sure is that the color scheme gives me a raging headache.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Why, after all the lies, do people still support Bush? I am very curious to find out the reasoning behind the blind trust in someone that has been caught lying more times than one can count on both hands.

9/11.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Bush and team killed over 3,000 Americans in the 'New Pearl Harbor' directed by PNAC. 'Traitor' is too good to describe him and his ilk.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Why, after all the lies, do people still support Bush? I am very curious to find out the reasoning behind the blind trust in someone that has been caught lying more times than one can count on both hands.

9/11.

Lying? Was he? Well what did he say? Lets take a look...Sept 20 2001

Having issued directives to guide his administration�s preparations for war, on Thursday, September 20, President Bush addressed the nation before a joint session of Congress. �Tonight,� he said, �we are a country awakened to danger.� The President blamed al Qaeda for 9/11 and the 1998 embassy bombings and, for the first time, declared that al Qaeda was �responsible for bombing the USS Cole.� He reiterated the ultimatum that had already been conveyed privately. �The Taliban must act, and act immediately,� he said. �They will hand over the terrorists, or they will share in their fate.� The President added that America�s quarrel was not with Islam: �The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends; it is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists, and every [emphasis mine] government that supports them.� Other regimes faced hard choices, he pointed out: �Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make: Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.�
President Bush argued that the new war went beyond Bin Ladin. �Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there,� he said. �It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped, and defeated. �The President had a message for the Pentagon: �The hour is coming when America will act, and you will make us proud.� He also had a message for those outside the United States. �This is civilization�s fight,� he said. �We ask every nation to join us.�

Lies? Did he not say then?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Lies? Look what "Traitor" has to say. He doesn't have a clue who was president in 1968!

In 1986 from the floor of the United States Senate, John Kerry stated he spend Christmas 1968 in Cambodia. According to the Congressional Record, Kerry stated: "I remember Christmas of 1968 sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia. I remember what it was like to be shot at by Vietnamese and Khmer Rouge and Cambodians, and have the President of the United States telling the American people that I was not there; the troops were not in Cambodia. I have that memory which is seared � seared � in me."

Earlier, in October 1979, writing to the Boston Herald Kerry stated: " "I remember spending Christmas Eve of 1968 five miles across the Cambodian border being shot at by our South Vietnamese allies who were drunk and celebrating Christmas. The absurdity of almost being killed by our own allies in a country in which President Nixon claimed there were no American troops was very real."

There are two problems with these statement. First, Kerry now states, according to he new book "Tour of Duty" that he spent Christmas 1968 some 50 miles away writing home to his family.

Second, Richard Nixon was NOT President in December 1968. He did not take office until January 20th 1969.

Kerry in Cambodia.... So much for a "memory which is seared � seared � in me."

If John Kerry mislead the American Public regarding his activities and whereabout at Christmas 1968, what else is he misleading us about.

Talk about a liar!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join