It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why, after all the lies, do people still support Bush?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Why, after all the lies, do people still support Bush? I am very curious to find out the reasoning behind the blind trust in someone that has been caught lying more times than one can count on both hands.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Because they believe the lies.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
because there are no lies.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
because they believe there are no lies.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
People you are so funny

And again I have to bring back the die hard republicans that will follow blindly their party political candidates because of their loyalty.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Will these POINTLESS threads ever stop? Sheesh...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Its not a belief.

Its a fact.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
Its not a belief.

Its a fact.

I'm sure you believe it is.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trojanex

Will these POINTLESS threads ever stop? Sheesh...

What you consider a POINTLESS thread is me trying to keep an open mind to other possibilities. I would like to come to more of an understanding of the average joe's view. In order to do that, I need to know how the average joe thinks and why he thinks that way. My suggestion to you is, if you think it is POINTLESS, don't read it.

As far as the one sentence answers go, could you all please elaborate a little more. Like stated above, I am trying to understand other sides of the coin other than my beliefs and opinions. Even though this won't change my opinions it will help me respect and understand where other people come from. Thanks to all.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I like Bush because I think he is a strong leader and thats important right now. Kerry appears to be soft and I don't know that he is as tough and a no nonsense person like Bush is. I've watched all the debates and thats my opinion. If I could vote in the US it would be for Bush. I think Canada is split in opinions as the US is when it comes to the election. Alot of supporters here for both candidates.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Excuse me... bush is no nonsense?! the man IS nonsense! thats all he collects and feeds to stupid americans willing to belive it.

If he is a strong leader you need to get your head sorted, a strong leader is one who makes good decisions and sticks to them and knows what to do when the times are tough and do it well!!

Bush is like the complete opposite, he is also the stupidest president ever with the lowest IQ out of all the presidents; kerry has one of the highest, and by soft do you mean he wont go on a violent rampage against Islams? Then being "soft" is only a good thing on those terms!

Kerry will know when it is necassary to goto war... by those standard he is not "soft" as you said, and he is not a raving lunatic with no brain, like bush.

So for GODS sake vote Kerry in rather than Bush... Bush is only going to harm the world and others in it.

Thanks for Listening

The_Squid

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Bush "looks" like a strong leader because the press may him look stronger after the 9/11, onces he took the iracional decision to go into Iraq he turned from "strong leader" to a man that does not think before he act.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Who here can name one president or ANY leader of any nation that didn't stretch the truth, not divulge all the truth, or didn't flat lie, ever? Remember the line, "You can't handle the truth." The funny thing is, that's probably truer then most people think and that I would guess goes for any country.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The question was "why after all the lies do people still support Bush" and I gave my opinion of why I support Bush

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
and I placed reasons why those reasons arn't the right ones.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hobby, what about his integraty. Does that play a part in your/everyone's opinion? It is hard to deny that he has been caught in a number of lies(I will not list them or debate them here) but it seems a lot of people do not look at that. Why not? Does integraty not play a role in who you would want to lead this country? By no means am I saying Kerry will have more integraty than Bush. I simply do not know. They both to me seem to be about the same.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well since most seem to believe Bush lied, and yet fail to admitt that if so, then Kerry, the CIA, the KGB, Congress, The Un and all the others lied also.

As for the war in Iraq, well Bush didnt lie....tell me the lie in his statement to the nation, in which he set the course about which the nation was to embark in 2001 no less.

Having issued directives to guide his administration�s preparations for war, on Thursday, September 20, President Bush addressed the nation before a joint session of Congress. �Tonight,� he said, �we are a country awakened to danger.� The President blamed al Qaeda for 9/11 and the 1998 embassy bombings and, for the first time, declared that al Qaeda was �responsible for bombing the USS Cole.� He reiterated the ultimatum that had already been conveyed privately. �The Taliban must act, and act immediately,� he said. �They will hand over the terrorists, or they will share in their fate.� The President added that America�s quarrel was not with Islam: �The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends; it is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists, and every [emphasis mine] government that supports them.� Other regimes faced hard choices, he pointed out: �Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make: Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.�
President Bush argued that the new war went beyond Bin Ladin. �Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there,� he said. �It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped, and defeated. �The President had a message for the Pentagon: �The hour is coming when America will act, and you will make us proud.� He also had a message for those outside the United States. �This is civilization�s fight,� he said. �We ask every nation to join us.�

So where is your coveted lie? Did saddam NOT support terror?

Want to read more?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

face it, the "bush Lies" spew the spin of mooreism, thats all wake up and DENY IGNORANCE!

[edit on 19-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Why, after all the lies, do people still support Bush?

Both have been repeatedly caught in lies, or at least a little stretching of the truth...one though, lied to the entire world and based a war on it...

I suppose most believe the negative campaign ads, and see Kerry as a "flip-flopper". They don't bother to take the time to learn that sometimes conditions can change, and thus change your support/non-support as well. Also, they failed to examine that if Kerry was against a bill, but for it in principle, he'd vote against it, to avoid the bad parts of a bill to be made law...as would any congressman.

Kerry also made the mistake of trying to play up his military career, when it seems obvious he was adept at simply making a name for himself. His rather mysterious discharge, and then reinstatement of medals, etc. also put doubts out there.

Regardless though, anyone can see that Bush's current plan, for both the country, and Iraq, are simply not working. Anyone that is, except for Bush. He insists everything is right on schedule and according to plan! If so, then THAT is scary! Sorry Dubya, I ain't fallin' for it, and neither are many others... His plan isn't working, he hasn't acknowledged it, and so won't be changing it. We need a change of plan. Kerry may not be able to "save the day", but he at least recognizes there is a problem... Bush is still in the denial stage...and that's why he won't have my vote, partly line or not.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmilici
Hobby, what about his integraty. Does that play a part in your/everyone's opinion? It is hard to deny that he has been caught in a number of lies(I will not list them or debate them here) but it seems a lot of people do not look at that. Why not? Does integraty not play a role in who you would want to lead this country? By no means am I saying Kerry will have more integraty than Bush. I simply do not know. They both to me seem to be about the same.

I agree that there all liars and they only tell you good things till you elect them. We just went through this here our leader promised lots and didn't follow through with any of what he promised. My concern with Kerry is..... does he have the back bone to stand tough against countries like North Korea......Bush is standing strong and not giving into Kim's demands. Does integraty play a role............yes it does....who says Kerry has anymore.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I simply think we can thank the internet for the ubundance of exposed issues. I think every leader throughout history could have been accused of lying but the public did not have the internet to expose and distribute the information. Everyone has different opinions as to what's a lie, what's stretching the truth, what's a misunderstanding, what's misinformed, what was misguided, what was a bad decision downplayed, and how best to handle it. How could any of us, not ever being largely in control of a nation, know what's best for millions of people, what should have been told and what should have been kept secret. It's deeper then we all know I believe, it's a science.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by livenlearn]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join