What will you do when your candidate loses? (A punchier title)

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Have you had more than your share of the hatred, anger, and stupidity to be found in our political forums? There's such an uproar that our attention is diverted from many other important topics. Let me look at one.

Currently the momentum and polls seem to be indicating a Romney win, so Obama supporters should be able to imagine what an Obama loss might feel like.

Obama has Chicago politics, a bag of "tricks," and the incumbency on his side, Romney's supporters should be able to imagine a Romney loss.

Supporters of third parties already know their candidate is going to lose.

So my questions are: 1.) Which is your candidate? 2.) How do you think the nation will react to his loss? 3.) How will you react to it? 4.) How do you want ATS to deal with your candidate's loss?

Will there be civil disturbances, stock market crashes, martial law, people fleeing the country? Will you just shrug your shoulders, smash something, file a law suit, join a paramilitary group, start making bug out plans? Do you want ATSers to offer sympathy, laugh at you, try to analyze the reasons for the outcome, post threads about how the winner cheated?

The day after the election, 40% + of the population is going to be crushed. Prepare now.

With respect,
Charles1952

P.s. I suppose I should be setting the example. If Romney loses, I don't expect civil disturbances, I expect a shocked amazement, and increase in fear and suspicion of government. Sales of all sorts of prepper supplies will go up even more. I will shrug my shoulders, have some very large drinks, and buy a bumper sticker that reads "Goodbye, America, it was fun." I will feel strongly towards the people who voted against Romney, but that will quickly fade to a deep sadness. I would rather not be mocked or laughed at, thank you very much. I suppose I'd just like ATS to pretend nothing ever happened so I could mourn peacefully. - C -
edit on 25-10-2012 by charles1952 because: I know killing my own thread with the OP gets me acclaim with the Thread Killers, but I'd rather get opinions.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The way I feel right now is what difference will it make who wins or loses. I have a very bad feeling either way. I am already sad because doom seems imminent. Just my mood today.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by yesterdaysreality

Dear yesterdaysreality,

Your position makes a lot of sense, but I'm still curious. You live in California. If Obama loses will there be riots and looting, or will no one really care? Will you have difficulty coping with the idea of, whoever gets elected, as President? Will you do anything differently when you find out who wins?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Riot. Break windows. Burn cars. Loot.

Oh wait. . . . . I'm a conservative!

I will wait, be patient, and when I get back to the states, work in local politics and try to enact positive changes to reverse the destruction of the morals, values, and standards that once made America so great!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Dear beezzer,

Thanks for stopping by, I was hoping you would.

I may have a prejudice that's clouding my thinking, but do you think it's generally accepted that liberals are more prone to violence than conservatives? Or is it a rich - poor thing, or black - white, or urban - rural? I don't like concluding that liberals are more violent, but the evidence seems to point that way. Among other examples, I'm thinking of Tea Party v. OWS.

I am glad to see your optimism though. Your belief that after four more years of Obama we'll be able to reverse course and bring the country back to strength, prosperity, and constitutional rule is cheering.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Take the signs off my lawn and go about life

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by yesterdaysreality

Dear yesterdaysreality,

Your position makes a lot of sense, but I'm still curious. You live in California. If Obama loses will there be riots and looting, or will no one really care? Will you have difficulty coping with the idea of, whoever gets elected, as President? Will you do anything differently when you find out who wins?

With respect,
Charles1952

Dear Charles1952,

I think people will care, but I don't think there will be riots, though some opportunistic looters could set that off. No, I will not have trouble coping, as I don't think it matters who will be the next president. I won't be doing anything differently. I have already started storing dry goods, water, and other necessities in the event the economy collapses -- or should I say when it collapses (or some other disaster). Truly, I can't wait for the elections to be over and done with.

Thank you for the post,
Yesterdaysreality
edit on 25-10-2012 by yesterdaysreality because: Typo

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I kind of already feel like this has happened. Even though I truly believe Romney will win, I was just about equally as sure that Obamcare would be struck down. The first day, I was in disbelief for about an hour. Accepted it, and got really angry for about 2 hours. Then I bought into the crap that Roberts had some master plan for about 20 minutes, and just became really sad for the country. Then I came to the conclusion that by donating/working for Obama's opponent I could change things. I've lived through 4 years of Obama before, so the day long pattern would probably repeat.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by beezzer

Dear beezzer,

Thanks for stopping by, I was hoping you would.

I may have a prejudice that's clouding my thinking, but do you think it's generally accepted that liberals are more prone to violence than conservatives? Or is it a rich - poor thing, or black - white, or urban - rural? I don't like concluding that liberals are more violent, but the evidence seems to point that way. Among other examples, I'm thinking of Tea Party v. OWS.

I am glad to see your optimism though. Your belief that after four more years of Obama we'll be able to reverse course and bring the country back to strength, prosperity, and constitutional rule is cheering.

With respect,
Charles1952

Liberalism attracts younger more emotional voters across all spectrums. I don't think anyone can categorise just one demographic.

As for my optimism?

As long as just one person believes, then all can have hope.

Have a good evening Charles.

beez

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Considering I'm not for the Giant Douche, or The # Sandwhich it wont really bother me.

Business as usual, this is all just a show, it's like watching the WWE.

Hilarious how the fans violently defend their "guy"

Fan from the word fanatic; from Latin. fanaticus "mad, enthusiastic, inspired by a god," also "furious, mad."

A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. [attributed to Winston Churchill]
www.etymonline.com...
edit on 25-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by yesterdaysreality and HomerinNC

Thank you. My faith is starting to be restored a little. I've seen so much anger in various threads here that I was a little afraid a new form of insanity was sweeping the nation. About the only suggestion I might add is lots and lots of prayer.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I would be happy that the world is still what it is, because everyone would have a winner and loser, and no one will notice that it didnt matter.... all is right with the world

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Dear snusfanatic,

Thanks for a realistic response. I don't understand how anyone could look at the results, see that their side has lost and say "Oh well, no big deal." I might get one of those black armbands that some Europeans wear to show they are in mourning.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Nothing really. I'll just start worrying about the holiday preps again and dreaming about that nice big turkey and gravy.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If my guy loses I will just try to make it through the next 4 years and be a little more politically active next time.

I do not predict anything happening no matter which side wins or loses.

top topics

join