fact or faked,paranormal files

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
can someone tell me what this program actually does for anyone?my g/f loves this program but i find myself becoming frustrated trying to convince her its all made up......i say to her every time they do a night time investigation i bet they capture something and sure enough they always do.....i laugh my arse off but shes always convinced its real....help me out to convince her its as real as me teleporting to the other side of the world

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I have never for the life of me been able to figure out how these people can travel so far and spend so much on equipment to do a half night investigation. Gah-frustrating! Destination Truth is the worst. They fly half way around the world, talk to a few people and spend six hours "on site".

Meh, it makes good t.v. Anyway.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

I dont think that show is real. Maybe look up true, hard to prove faked, paranormal videos or pictures and show those to her. Maybe she will then be able to tell the difference between what is clearly not always real and something that has a bit of truth to it

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RebLeigh

I dont think that show is real. Maybe look up true, hard to prove faked, paranormal videos or pictures and show those to her. Maybe she will then be able to tell the difference between what is clearly not always real and something that has a bit of truth to it

no i know this show is nowhere near real....if it was then these people have a gift that no1 else in the world has lol

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
I have never for the life of me been able to figure out how these people can travel so far and spend so much on equipment to do a half night investigation. Gah-frustrating! Destination Truth is the worst. They fly half way around the world, talk to a few people and spend six hours "on site".

Meh, it makes good t.v. Anyway.

yeah i,m with u on that and as for good tv? i find it hilarious lol

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
My opionion not true, I could be wrong but for now, I am still waiting for solid proof of aliens existing.\

My advice, If she is enjoying what she is doing & if she finds it a hobbies, then let her enjoy herself, But if you really
want to change her mind tell her you want to jump off a bridge & because you can't live with the fact knowing their are paranormal flies around us & you are scared sh!t of them. (Joke)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ya, I used to watch the show with my brother primarily to laugh at how absolutely ridiculous it is. They always end up using incredibly expensive equipment to do tests that they know are not going to be what appeared in the video, usually as a filler. We would always seriously question the credibility of the main guy being a "former FBI agent". I guess that is why he is a "former" FBI agent, they must have fired him for being an idiotic FBI agent who was always trying to expose "paranormal" studies.

Anyways, the show is completely ludicrous, but it does occasionally present a video I have never seen before, which I in turn look up on my own and do my own research on it. So on that front it is fun to tune in every once and a while. I always used to at least watch the first part were they initially show all the videos that will be covered during the show, then the rest I take with a pinch of salt.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
Ya, I used to watch the show with my brother primarily to laugh at how absolutely ridiculous it is. They always end up using incredibly expensive equipment to do tests that they know are not going to be what appeared in the video, usually as a filler. We would always seriously question the credibility of the main guy being a "former FBI agent". I guess that is why he is a "former" FBI agent, they must have fired him for being an idiotic FBI agent who was always trying to expose "paranormal" studies.

Anyways, the show is completely ludicrous, but it does occasionally present a video I have never seen before, which I in turn look up on my own and do my own research on it. So on that front it is fun to tune in every once and a while. I always used to at least watch the first part were they initially show all the video that will be covered during the show, then the rest I take with a pinch of salt.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure
My opionion not true, I could be wrong but for now, I am still waiting for solid proof of aliens existing.\

I'm not.

If aliens were even half as advanced as we portray them, then you think they would be able to make there presence unknown. Do you really expect an alien to travel across galaxies just to accidently expose themselves to the average joe? It's highly doubtful.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

yeah think thats why i tolorate it with her,just to see what it is they r looking in to but after that it becomes a joke to me

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
They wanted to license one of my videos a few months ago but i declined.
I think they wanted me to make things up to make it more convincing. I think a lot of it is fake because they push for more than there really is, and people end u making it up for the money.

Its a good show though, i have watched it before, entertaining,
edit on 25-10-2012 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
the bottom line..if they dont get ratings they dont get money from their producers. They arent in the truth buisness...they are in the entertainment industry.

Ever watch ghost hunters? the first show to try to make money on being at the right place on the right time? Most of the scary moments with dramatic music before a commercial break only turned out to be a investigator being scared by a bat or a spider.
So to keep the series running they turned it into what newbie will surpass our test to be the next ghost hunter. Then they started getting pressure from their producers to be more exciting and grant started getting more dramatic about results.

think about it...this world revolves around money. Money > Truth. if you want to keep your job, you will probally follow these guidelines.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

To me, that show is all about debunking everything while appearing to be open-minded about it. It seems as though they start out having already reached the conclusion that it's fake - it's just a matter of figuring out 'how' it was faked.

Sure, a lot of the videos are questionable and could be hoaxes...but ultimately, after 'recreating' the video, they always come to the same conclusion every single time: it COULD HAVE been faked, therefore it probably was.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't...but it seems to me that this show's sole purpose is to discredit all videos by throwing in a bunch of obvious hoaxes along with seemingly credible videos and then muddying the waters by 'proving' that they can all be faked.

Paranormal Witness is a much better show, IMHO.

top topics

join