It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Electoral College

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

You are correct, but those instances are insanely rare. Like I said, math alone makes your vote mean very little. But if that's OK with you you should vote. You shouldn't avoid exercising your rights because of a very rare, unlikely occurrence.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MaurinQuina

I am just wondering if this 2012 election will be a repeat of how a President was elected in 2000.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

well I assure you if its close, a recount protocol, is setup with the lawyers looking for the angles..

For sure...

the 2000 election made me sick...

You should vote thou either way... Exercise the very little power we have.. If anything it can be the power to be on some mysterious persons conscious who decides who gets to be President..

edit on 25-10-2012 by MaurinQuina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Yes, sadly I feel this system is broken and ineffectual. If the majority of the people want candidate X than our votes would make a difference. Of course this system could be abused but not to the extent our current voting takes place.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
56 elections /3 discrepancies = 6 % of the time they go against the popular vote
edit on 10/25/2012 by iwontrun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by iwontrun

I would have to say, in respect to Obamas job performance... yes its been decided.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join