It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are voting fraud, intimidation, smear tactics, and violence how the Left operates now?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I was JUST talking about the kinds of things that were being done during the primaries! Here's a perfect example! Of course, the Romney supporters are saying that whoever uploaded it just didn't understand how to use the panorama feature, which is possible. I'm just saying that things like this happened all.the.time. during the primaries.

"Romney Campaign Exaggerates Size Of Nevada Event With Altered Image"

www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Yep. It's the left. They are the ones doing these things, and they alone.

CJ

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I happened to catch a bit of Sean Hannity radio show today and a lady called in with a personal story of early voting and how she tried to vote for Romney but the machine put it as Obama. She apparently has made a ruckus over the event and called various authorities to report it.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
while you yanks are looking at voter intimidation (from either side) try not to forget what you ended up with for 8 bl00dy years (actually, the reat of us around the world had to endure their hopelessness as well) Bush the buffoon and drunk who only got in thanks to his ruthless sinister daddy, along with cheney and rumsfeld (the sleezebag brothers)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny
Here in PA, a Republican state senator blatantly said that requiring voter ID was going to make sure Romney won PA.

If that doesn't convince you that the GOP will stop at nothing to win, nothing will and you're hopeless. The right to vote is enshrined in the Constitution, after all.

That doesn't state that he plans to commit fraud. I fact, what it does state is that he believes the only way Obama could win in that state is by fraud. Showing identification to vote doesn't prevent people from voting that are eligible to vote. What it does is prevent illegals from voting, people from voting for dead people, etc.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Nonsense opinion pieces are not news. CNN, the Daily KOS, the Huffington Post....really? Their race-baiting opinions don't mean anything. NOTHING they claim has been proven, and that initial article is blatant nonsense. Flash mobs, NONE of which were made up of right wing folks, have caused far more issues that any group that opinion piece claims did. The DHS attempt to paint everyone that opposes Obama as a "terrorist" is more of the same BS. Someone trying to rally support for Romney is no more "voter fraud" than what ACORN was doing. That woman didn't illegally register anyone, either, as ACORN did.

As for the death penalty and leftists.....well, I am pretty sure that NBPP member that called for killing white babies is a leftist. How about all those Obama supporters on Twitter talking about bashing in the heads of whites, rioting, and killing Romney? So, they are for murder, but against the death penalty.....well, guess that makes sense.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz

Voter ID laws are pushed by republicans because they know it mainly affects the democrats ability to vote. If republicans cared about democracy and the USA they would make state certified free voter IDs. That way it is not making one pay to vote.

Nope, doesn't work like that. Democrats are not restricted from obtaining identification. Claiming that ID requirements are against one group only works if that group isn't allowed to get ID. That flat isn't true. Poor people? If they get welfare, they have ID. Elderly? Social security benefits, etc, require ID. No one is being refused ID based on their race.
You cannot function in this society without identification, and asking people to show it to vote, to be sure that the right person is voting, helps everyone.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

I have a little bit of the same problem sometimes where I don't know my left from my right.
It's funny. Something so simple but I can see how you would make a mistake and mess up.

If it isn't an honest mistake where you simply can't tell your left from your right I have to chalk it up to another attempt at that 180% spin the GOP is so good at. Take an issue or a phrase they are responsible for and stories you see about them in the paper everyday and then make it your own.

This was done with the phrase trickle down economics. To confuse people they coined trickle down government to try and fool people into mixing the concepts up and forgetting what they are for or against. Another phrase bastardized was the one made by the crazy guy who claimed something about legitimate rape. In attack ads against his opponent they used the word legitimate to describe her (his opponent) repeatedly figuring if you repeat the lie enough times eventually it will stick. For every accusation you make above I can find the GOP related story that goes along with it. Want to see?

Is all that supposed to mean something? Can't for the life of me figure out what you are trying to say here.....

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

I happened to catch a bit of Sean Hannity radio show today and a lady called in with a personal story of early voting and how she tried to vote for Romney but the machine put it as Obama. She apparently has made a ruckus over the event and called various authorities to report it.

I would bet there is a lot more of that than gets reported, too. Have to wonder how many didn't notice it, or how many ha someone act angry at them, and simply gave up. It's unreal to me that people can hear these reports and still act like it's all "accidental" or something.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

You cannot function in this society without identification, and asking people to show it to vote, to be sure that the right person is voting, helps everyone.
actually, you can function quite well without such an ID and what's moreso is the opinion folks like you project that implies if you have an ID, you are eligible to vote and that, my dear, simply isn't true at all.

plenty of folks who are not eligible to vote, possess state issued IDs.
quite a number of folks who are eligible have never possessed a state ID and shouldn't have to now, either.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

actually, you can function quite well without such an ID and what's moreso is the opinion folks like you project that implies if you have an ID, you are eligible to vote and that, my dear, simply isn't true at all.

plenty of folks who are not eligible to vote, possess state issued IDs.
quite a number of folks who are eligible have never possessed a state ID and shouldn't have to now, either.

I didn't state that possessing ID made one eligible to vote. I stated that proper ID can show that the person trying to vote is actually the person registered to vote. Big difference. I am well aware that even illegal aliens can get ID these days (though I don't think they should have it!).

People that hold a job, pay their taxes, drive a car, rent an apartment, own a home, go to school, etc, all have identification. Only someone off the grid would not need one, and I am not sure such a person would want to be on the voter lists, either. It would be nice if we didn't have so many people that are not even citizens trying to meddle in our election, or people voting as someone deceased, or voting twice, and so forth, but we do have all of those issues. The only way to stop that sort of thing is to know for certain that the person trying to vote is who they claim to be. If you can register to vote, you typically have identification already. I have no issue at all with making free ID available for those that really can't afford it, but I don't see that as a huge issue. Why? because the very poor are typically on welfare or some other form of aid, for which they have to have ID to get it.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Wrong. There are tons of 18 year olds with out IDs, people can lose their ID, many things. Making state issued ID's that you have to pay for in order to be able to vote is making people pay to vote, very simple concept.

An analysis of state data related to Pennsylvania's new voter ID law suggests that minority voters in Philadelphia will have a tougher time than white voters in getting the credentials to vote in November.

The study was done by Tamara Manik-Perlman, a project manager and spatial data analyst at Azavea, the Philadelphia data-analysis and software firm that distinguished itself last year by providing population data and mapping tools to let citizens draw redistricting proposals for City Council.

Using data provided by Pennsylvania election officials, originally designed to show which voters do not have valid ID from the state Department of Transportation, Manik-Perlman mapped their voting addresses and correlated the information with census data on race and ethnicity.

The study found that voters in the city's most heavily African American voting divisions are 85 percent more likely to lack PennDot credentials than voters in predominantly white divisions.

And voters in heavily Hispanic neighborhoods are more than twice as likely to lack PennDot ID, the study showed. Manik-Perlman said there was a similar pattern in heavily Asian neighborhoods.

articles.philly.com...

There is a reason why republicans harp on voter ID, it helps them suppress votes. That is there standard operating procedure, especially in swing states.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Nonsense opinion pieces are not news. CNN, the Daily KOS, the Huffington Post....really? Their race-baiting opinions don't mean anything. NOTHING they claim has been proven, and that initial article is blatant nonsense.

Wrong.....the articles cite official sources..you should probably try to read them instead of reading the headline and getting out of breath.

The right wing commits the most incidents of politically motivated crime and terrorism in the USA. It's not arguable, it is fact. This has nothing to do with Obama, it is decades upon decades of statistics.

It's actually kind of ironic that you even would say this cuz the things you linked are from fox news.lol.

As for the death penalty and leftists.....well, I am pretty sure that NBPP member that called for killing white babies is a leftist.

Ok, and? the NBPP consists of like 5 paranoid schizophrenics.

How about all those Obama supporters on Twitter talking about bashing in the heads of whites, rioting, and killing Romney?

lol, um, most of those people who were talking about rioting were singing a rap song. It's really not that serious. And again, that's like 10 people out of 300 million in the USA.

And a lot of democrats aren't leftists, they're liberals, which are to the center right.

edit on 27-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Would you like to see 50 links to stories of Republicans doing the same, or worse?

Both groups of cheer-leaders are as bad as each other, and that includes the people who spam the internet with party propaganda and threads like these in the hopes that they can change another ten minds with their rubbish.

Is this what politics has come down to in America - who is LEAST corrupt as a party? And do people actually base their decision on what some forum poster preaches about the "left" or "right"?

If I was voting, I know that this thread would not persuade me in any direction. I know that individuals in each group are fanatics, all they need are pompoms and short skirts to complete the role. They will say and do anything to persuade others to vote their way. That is not democracy.

I would base my opinions on the proven statistics, the economic history of each party, the military actions of each party, the intentions of each candidate, their plan for the future, the mathematical forecasts of their budgets...

It seems that instead of using actual thought to decide an election, Americans just expect others to tell them how to vote based on who is less corrupt or who can shout at them the loudest and longest. When did it become okay in America to scream at others about who they should vote for? Why is it anyone's business but the person voting? Why do people seem to think they have the right to preach to others about who they should vote for?

I saw a speech where Romney stated something like "Vote for me, and get your friends and family to vote for me too!" Get people to vote for you? F that! If any of my friends or family tried to INSTRUCT me on who to vote for they would get a hard and fast kick up the ass!

Politics in America seems to be the next radicalised organized religion. There are too many extremists. There are too many who act like the Phelps family, just replace "God Hates Gays" with "Vote *insert party* Or Else" and you have the problem.

Why can't people just let other people decide based on the policies? Why cant Americans just have decent debates about the issues and let others decide for themselves? Why do Americans think everyone else needs instructing on who they should vote for?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Why am I not surprised? You seem to have a serious data entry and comprehension problem.
It loses a whole lot in the translation too.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

People that hold a job, pay their taxes, drive a car, rent an apartment, own a home, go to school, etc, all have identification.

and, you'd be mistaken.
i haven't had a state ID since it expired in 2010.
i do carry my voter ID though and it doesn't have a photo on it.

so, if i showed up at the polls, without a photo ID, how would you know i am me ??
i do have a voter ID that proves my eligibility but i'm not getting a state ID just to vote, that's crazy.

sounds like you're too young to know any different.
yes, it would be nice if the meddlers would find something else to meddle in, totally agree.
however, having IDs isn't gonna change a darn thing.

heck, i could have voted 3 times already - and no one would know any better.
yes, the absentee ballots for others have arrived and could have been submitted (but weren't)

If you can register to vote, you typically have identification already
typically, doesn't make it absolute.

what i find funny here is this ...
legally and legitimately, i could have voted 3 times already and never showed any ID, never left the house and never been verified by any official, yet, you and others seem to think this doesn't happen in every corner of every state.
btw, possessing a state ID is not a requirement to receive state benefits, try again.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

I would base my opinions on the proven statistics, the economic history of each party, the military actions of each party, the intentions of each candidate, their plan for the future, the mathematical forecasts of their budgets...

Which makes you a member of the reality-based community. Ironically, that term was coined as an insult.

Politics in America seems to be the next radicalised organized religion. There are too many extremists. There are too many who act like the Phelps family, just replace "God Hates Gays" with "Vote *insert party* Or Else" and you have the problem.

Why can't people just let other people decide based on the policies? Why cant Americans just have decent debates about the issues and let others decide for themselves? Why do Americans think everyone else needs instructing on who they should vote for?

Wait, do other countries not do this? I guess I thought the whole "rah-rah for my team" thing was universal.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Are voting fraud, intimidation, smear tactics, and violence how the Left operates now?

Only if you count the Republican party as a left party.
And you'd be pretty lonely in doing that. The Democratic party isn't even left.
Look at the green party and others (real left). They are fighting to stay alive, buckling under intimidation, smear tactics and violence...
www.democracynow.org...
"YEEEEEAH! THAT'S WHAT YAH GET FOR TRYING TO GET A FAIR DEBATE!! ARRESTED, SHACKLED TO A CHAIR FOR 8 HOURS!"

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvius
Wait, do other countries not do this? I guess I thought the whole "rah-rah for my team" thing was universal.

Here in the UK it's nothing like that.

People might put a little sign in their window to preach to passing pedestrians who they plan to vote for, but the majority of people treat voting as it should be - a personal and private matter.

We treat it with more dignity and reserve. We don't preach to each other, we don't knock on doors demanding that others vote for someone. We might get a couple of TV shows debating the issues (the last election saw a really pathetic "Americanized" TV debate that didn't seem to go down well with the public at all).

As an outsider, the way it works in America seems to be based on bullying and attacking. It seems as though too many people are ordered by others to vote for someone. You have teams of people persuading and cajoling others into voting their way.

I don't think any other country on Earth treats this the way America does, with pomp and celebrity, parades and parties, threats and accusations, aggression and intimidation... There is always political rivalry in an election, that's right and proper. But with America it's taken to a whole new level.

Politicians should not need people instructing others who to vote for, and I don't know why Americans put up with it. If someone knocks at my door and asks me who I'm voting for, I say "none of your f'ing business". If someone tries to tell me about how their candidate is better than the other, I tell them that I can read and am capable of making my own decisions. If a friend or relative tried to instruct me on who to vote for, I would verbally assault them so severely they never dared to try that again.

Voting is a person matter, no one should be telling anyone who to vote for, or trying to persuade them either way. All politicians need to do is state their case and let the public decide. None of this political circus is needed.
edit on 28-10-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Wow, talk about how the left act. I was clicking between chanels this morning my time, and hit on Fox. There was a show on called "the five". Even with all of the storm concerns, there was one loud mouth on there that just had to bag out obama for his efforts to make sure he was doing his job and try to inflame the topic by linking it to the 4 blokes killed by the overseas crazies. Fox have no idea of fair minded journalism. I take that back, they have no idea of what ANY journalism is. I think they must hand out soap boxes to all new employees and mandate that they must stand on it and dribble garbage about the democrats at least once a day. So who cares how your democrats carry on when you have ...... fox

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join