It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRR. Just found out someone hit my car...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ugh, I really hate it when a person can't take responsibility for their actions. So, while I'm at school tomorrow, I'm going investigate every single black car on that campus and look for a bumper that matches to my car and then, I'm going to take a report out on them. S.O.B........really irks me.
Never had a scratch on my car, now the paint is chipping with a nice black streak on it and a spider crack.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Happened to me in february. I felt like killing someone. it was a white car. I fixed it for 150, had to get a door at a junkyard and paint it.

Worst part is you cant use factory paint yourself. Youd drop dead without an scba unit, its so toxic....
edit on 26-10-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Ah-HA! You are back!
Couldn't stay away could you?

But a car is just a car, You take care of it and others don't care. That's what insurance is for.

My Jeep is immaculate mechanically, but body wise, people steer clear of me. It gets me from Point A to Point B. That's all that matters to me.

And I do love my Jeep!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Ah-HA! You are back!
Couldn't stay away could you?

But a car is just a car, You take care of it and others don't care. That's what insurance is for.

My Jeep is immaculate mechanically, but body wise, people steer clear of me. It gets me from Point A to Point B. That's all that matters to me.

And I do love my Jeep!

Im addicted. And i didnt have insurance. and im paying it off in four months or so and im gonna drop collision and comprehensive if it saves much money (payin ten a month for my second car lol)

I hate stupid people though

Ill never buy a car at a dealer again. Screw it. ill drive old junk.

And body wise its super easy to get a car with a body that can be made nice. The mechanical is the hard part.

I plan on having a nice, custom, car for 2500 when i get the sebring fixed up. Compare to 18000 or so for the v8 mustang convertible i wanted.....
edit on 26-10-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Finding a mechanically clean car/truck is not that hard, keeping it that way is not that hard either if you have a garage (or a friend does).

Chiltons and Haynes print step by step books based off complete tear downs. You can find them for any vehicle at your local auto parts store.

But you are right about buying from a dealer, unless you make a good living and can trade in every three years it's not worth it.

I usually buy a three year old truck and drive it for 8-10 years before getting another.

What’s funny is that Ohio considers my Jeep to be a station wagon. Never owned one of those before.

But it makes licensing and insurance a whole lot cheaper as well.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Tell the insurance it happened while you were shopping (school, store etc)...ususally (not always) they can fix it and wave your deductible since it was unattended and you werent in it. ( But you may still have to pay deductable)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I plan on having a nice, custom, car for 2500 when i get the sebring fixed up. Compare to 18000 or so for the v8 mustang convertible i wanted.....

How does one go from lusting after an $18k Mustang to a 'custom' $2500 Sebring? How and why do you customize a Sebring? Are you going to put $2500 into it, or is that what you paid for it? Either way, how do you go from wanting a Mustang to owning a Sebring? I get that if you can't afford the mustang you need to find something budget friendly, but the difference between a Sebring and a Mustang are huge. It's like saying you want an STI and buying a Taurus.

OP sorry to hear that some punk decided not to leave a note. I hope you catch them, but even if you find the culprit I'm not sure the police will be able to help you get compensated. It would be hard to prove. It would be hard to prove in a big budget murder case. Can you post a picture of the damage? I bet there are some folks here that could give you advice on how to repair the blemish without taking it to the body shop. The guy I'm replying to seems to know body work.

Check U2U, I have some advice.

new topics

top topics

join