It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help with Big Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
(warning. english errors)

Alright, Ive been dating this year for about 1 1/2 maybe 2 years now, and my parents have not liked her since the first time theyve met her. well last night me and my gf went to a republician party thing were i live in, she had to go because of her grades, i went just to see her and to get some voluntery work under my belt seeing what it was like, well during that were there was nothing to do, she moved closer to me, put her head on my shoulder, wrote on my arm,(while she was doing all this, my dad was getting embarrased etc. dont understand why) to many a extremely long story short, i told him to leave, he left, he called me on my cell about him being pissed etc, came back home, cant talk to my gf for 2 weeks, gf talked to my dad, kinda made it worse, both familys parents hate eachother now, gf said if i dont get to see her this weekend, she is breaking it off, i still care for her and crap, i just dont know what to do....any help?!!?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Oh not good at all.

Its a hard one really, To be honest you and your girl friend need to make the choice, You both like each other and want to be together?

So its up to both of you to confront your familys and tell them that you are together and our staying together,

Tell them you respect there views but its your life and you need to live it,

You just got to be strong BOTH of you,

Make a meeting with the familys together.

Just an idea, and good luck

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You could try to have a "man to man" talk with your dad to find out why he objects to gf and to explain your feelings to him.

You might be able to reach a compromise. Perhaps you could agree not to see each other this weekend, but trade that for some other time together?

Your gf is in the same situation with her family, so I see no reason for her to break it off. She also should be trying to reach a compromise with her family.

If you give your families time to calm down and think in a rational manner, they will possibly see that banning you from seeing each other is likely to make you more determined to be together.

Whatever you do, keep calm when you are having your discussions. It will put you in a better position to bargin.

Good luck to you both.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Sounds like your father is controlling and needs to butt out of your personal life!

[Edited on 10/25/04 by aWoman]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ok, before you can really answer this one correctly, give me an age range. 12-15, 16-18, or above?

[Edited on 10/26/2004 by Seapeople]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
E h is this your love life or your dads? you do what you think is right! cos if you dont.........

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Hey there,

If your GF, is going to dump you becuase of the possibility of not seeing her, it's time to dump the girlfriend. A true love would understand that this situation is out of your hands.

If a matter as insignificant as you not seeing her this weekend is enough to make her dump you, you should really ask yourself, do I want that kind of hassle? Walking on thin ice all of the time is no place to be with a woman.

Parents will allways try to to do what they think is best for you, they are usually right, but it hurts that you can't get a chance to screw things up on your own. Trust me I know...

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by StJames
(warning. english errors)

Alright, Ive been dating this year for about 1 1/2 maybe 2 years now, and my parents have not liked her since the first time theyve met her. well last night me and my gf went to a republician party thing were i live in,

There you go....get the hell away from anything Republican....they're all nutz.

top topics

join