It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spike TV offers $10 million for proof of Bigfoot's existence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

That bear fears for his life!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Captain Picard agrees. This will go against the prime directive for sure

Lets not boldly go where no man has gone before, lets leave it for the professionals. Give some of that 10 mil to Johnny!
edit on 25-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Lets not boldly go where no man has gone before, lets leave it for the professionals. Give some of that 10 mil to Johnny!
edit on 25-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

Although I appreciate the sentiment, it has never been about money for me, it's the quest and excitement of possibly finding pieces of an unsolved puzzle that drives me to continue searching. Nor am I a "professional", I am and always will be an amateur. I don't want to do conventions, book tours or even interviews for that matter. It has never been 'about me' as I believe that gets one in trouble and can lead to problems down the way (ego and such). I'm leery of anyone that claims to be a "professional" in any field of 'out-of-the-box' genres..

All I want to do is find these jigsaw pieces and present them to the community to decipher or figure out. So again.. when I hear news about stuff like Big Cash Prize (and the such), it really puts a damper on us that are really trying to make heads or tails of certain phenomena..

edit on 10/25/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I did not mean to make it about the money. Though I am sure you will agree that funding for these endeavours in a serious and continual constraint.

A fraction of that 10 million could be used for more worth while purposes, which is the sentiment I was trying to get across.

The equipment and resources you use can't be inexpensive

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
ats thread

i'm a bit worried for the starter of this thread given the info he's given out and his habbit of being in the woods after dark

and that it might both discourage genuine sightings and encourage bogus sightings (not that there's a shortage of those)

edit on 25-10-2012 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I did not mean to make it about the money. Though I am sure you will agree that funding for these endeavours in a serious and continual constraint.

A fraction of that 10 million could be used for more worth while purposes, which is the sentiment I was trying to get across. The equipment and resources you use can't be inexpensive

Yes.. The price of equipment is very expensive, but I generally try and buy it myself as I've found in the past that when you get sponsored, that there is usually some form of agenda or problems in ownership of photos/video and/or other evidence that might turn up. One of the reasons why I've maintained a relationship with ATS for so long is that they have always been (for the most part) 'up-front' with me and allowed an neutral stance with regards to what has been presented. They have always tried to put the community first which I've always respected when it came to presenting investigations and possible evidence. They've also been patient with me when real-life actions/events step into the plans.

But yes, equipment is costly and what I've not been able to purchase, I try and construct myself (DIY). For example the BigEar Parabolic Mic I wanted to use is extremely expensive (see here), and with some ingenious cannibalizing of some older equipment that I had, was able to make what is perfectly good for out in the Woods (without sacrificing size or frequencies) for 80% less. But some equipment can't be DIY'd so I have to just save up for it..

Believe it or not, some older analog equipment works better than the new digital stuff (which I haven't quite figured out why yet). For example in the Gilliland's Ranch (pre)Investigation, Analog tape equipment caught sounds and video that the digital video (which was recording side by side the analog cameras) did not. Now why is that? there has been plenty of conjecture as to the why's.. and if it had only happened once or twice, one could factor in an easier explanation. But when it happens over 7 times on different days and hours with different "brand new unused tape" (in different cameras no less), well then you have to factor in some huge 'head scratches' when trying to label an answer.

but I'm going off-topic.. Needless to say, I'm hoping that my current investigations will not be that badly bruised by a bunch of YaHoos with guns..

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Wow,.
10 mil huh,.

that is a safe bet on spikes behalf,.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I think they should have put the condition as "alive" instead of dead or alive. That would alleviate 99% of the concerns. I'm going to email my suggestion. You should voice your concerns as well. They don't exactly have ESP nor are they genius.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914

Originally posted by Frogs
I noticed this in the article..

The 10-episode series, which will film in various areas throughout the country, comes from Original Media (the people who brought the world "Ink Master" and "Swamp People"), with Original's Charlie Corwin, Michael Riley and Jon Kroll ("The Amazing Race," "Big Brother") executive-producing.

Looks like yet another "Redneck Reality" type show. Probably more attention paid by far to the cast than the subject. ie - filled with yokels people will tune in to see.

My thoughts exactly. No serious intent at all with this show in regards to the possibility of an undiscovered primate, its all about dopey entertainment.Make fun of the dopes crashing through the underbrush looking like fools. I would imagine Honey Boo Boos family may join the hunt if TLC gives them the ok.

This wont further serious research.

Crawdad, the real problem I have with this offer is. I live in a very rural, mountainous deep woods area, that already has a long history of BF. Dating past the original American Indian Tribes that lived here. Add to that, the decidedly redneck locals, with stills set up in the woods, and a gun in every pickup truck, this could turn into one of those nightmares of *I dare ya* to find BF. It doesn't take much up here, to catch the fancy of some pretty bored, and unemployed, gun totin', booze swilling kids. The big past time up here on the weekends is muddin' during the day, and camping/drinking during the night. Headlight Hunting is right up there on the top of the list too.

I think it's irresponsible what Spike tv has done. Once they start the show, it will get worse....

Des

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I suggest you get your georgia peach butt out there and collect before your so called derelict drucken neighbor does.

Just joshin des!
However i do live in a rule area too and i am aware of all neighbors and most human influences into the local eco-system most of the time.
LOCK up your loved ones.

remember des i'm kidding
edit on 25-10-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I'll get drastic plastic surgery and experimental gene therapy for $10 Million dollars

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
I think they should have put the condition as "alive" instead of dead or alive. That would alleviate 99% of the concerns. I'm going to email my suggestion. You should voice your concerns as well. They don't exactly have ESP nor are they genius.

I agree 100%. Spike TV exposes themself to a LOT of potential risk for countless different types of lawsuits for things that "could" happen when someone shoots something/someone they shouldn't have, and points the blame at Spike TV? I am not a fan of government in general, but I wouldn't be surprised if DHS stepped in.

As for anyone actually killing one, if they exist, I would put on luck, unless the person is a VERY experienced hunter who literally grew up in the forest like a BigFoot. The hunters could probably be smelled from a mile away, and heard crunching around the ground from far away as well. I think that most of the wilderness/living off the land (with no electricity) lifestyle has all but vanished in the USA, and that kind of knowledge would put you at a HUGE advantage to know if anything is living out there or not... Out here you need to hike at least 8 hours (no roads), to get to places with wild deer and pigs. Even then you need to be camouflaged and wait in the leeches without a sound for however long. Imagine hunting a "smart" being in the forest who can see/hear/move much better than any human.

So I see them being more of a nuisance and possibly disturbing any real investigations, but I doubt they will kill anything, except maybe themselves or someone / something else they mistakenly shot.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is Awesome. I'm going to win the 10 million dollars. Of course it will take me some time to shave the wife.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think this is actually a great idea. It could be the catalyst to force a serious search. If your going to win 10 million you can spend a couple of million to search knowing you will make it back. Of course this assumes you really do believe you can find bigfoot.

This is extremely likely. Every major country has stories of bigfoot whose descriptions of their local variety are consistent. Lloyd Pye believes that all bigfoot may be hominids which are creatures related to apes that were once found on every continent. He believed they simply went deeper into the woods as civilization encroached on their territory. He tells a story about how in Russia there were a one of these hominids caught, and humans mated with it. The offspring was able to learn speech and they in turn had hybrid children with humans. Those hybrid "people" could still be found and live in society Pye claims.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I guess I could let them take pictures of my feet and take hair samples from my head for ten million bucks. I'm not going to let them start checking out my nuts though.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous

I can see it now...

Every loon-a-tic with a gun is going to be out in the woods hoping to shoot a BigFoot.

I can see it better...a swarm of hoax videos will start surfacing ironically.

edit on 26-10-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
i'll be THAT crazy guy who says, you're never going to find it because it's dimensional or psychic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

that dream scared the crap out of me.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

This unknown should be made illegal to kill or hunt before its to late
be it myth or fact why should it be allowed?

Well thats most of mankind for you kill what you dont understand

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
it wasnt the best idea to release this before halloween. im gonna have to make sure the kids aint wearing any thing with fur on it. so now along with any thing that may resemble a skunk, chewbaca and bunny costumes are out.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Safest bet in history, as every single decent looking Bigfoot video I've ever seen was equally a guy in a gorilla suit, remember that cop that staked his reputation on the frozen Bigfoot? He lost his job when the rubber gorilla suit thawed out. There are a lot of Bigfoot hoaxers & scammers about, if any of them believed in what they did they would try collecting this money to continue their most important research.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Look it turns into bigfoot not once but twice!!!! a drunk camper or hiker sees this and thinks "ya I just saw big foot!"

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join