It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spike TV offers $10 million for proof of Bigfoot's existence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Spike TV offers $10 million for proof of Bigfoot's existence

www.chicagotribune.com

The cable network is teaming with Lloyd's of London for a new one-hour reality show, "10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty." The title pretty much says it all - teams of explorers will go on a grand expedition for proof that Bigfoot - the mythical hairy creature said to roam the forests of America's Pacific northwest and other areas - actually exists.

Should one of the teams accomplish the mission, a $10 million prize - underwritten by renowned insurers Lloyd's of London - awaits.

It would be the largest cash prize in history, in the unlikely event that one of the teams actually comes u
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
www.hollywoodreporter.com
www.deadline.com

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I can see it now...

Every loon-a-tic with a gun is going to be out in the woods hoping to shoot a BigFoot. The downside is that I can see a whole lot of people getting injured by this (including wildlife).

And the biggest problem of all here is that if such a creature were indeed shot, would it make any difference in the cryptozoological area or dismissed as just a 'zany conspiracy' being drummed up by the boys in the back-rooms?

In this economically strapped society, I see this as dynamite with a short fuse for all 'want-a-bee' hunters.

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
My thoughts exactly. The second some yokle hears this he's going to go straight for his rifle and start wandering around the woods shooting at anything he thinks could be a bigfoot. Bad for the animals being shot out of hunting season. Really bad for hikers or anybody near the crazies when they start shooting at anything brown and hairy.

Also, wouldn't this put too much pressure on the area they would be searching if everybody and their mom was out in the woods looking for bigfoot. BIgfoot would notice the activity and they would flee. and quicker than we could keep up or track them. It will just be another group of hacks running around the woods like weekend warriors looking for the poor animal.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Okay, I am going to need a tent, some granola bars, some rope and camera....and some bigfoot snacks.

I think your right Johnny, i can see it now.

Mass extinction of brown bear, black bear and grizzles as every idiot with a gun heads out into the wilderness, and through a case of mistaken identity shoots every living things around.

Grant it, i am sure there will be some professionals, but i think this certainly opened a can of worms potentially leading to environmental issue and health issues, as i am sure some group of inexperienced townsfolk get lost in the woods while squatching.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Oh Lordy Johnny...my property butts up against National Forest all sides. Plus, the tv show, Finding Big Foot, has already done a special just a few miles from my home. When they aired that show, I had half the drunks with guns up here looking for BF. This idiocy has just upped the ante.....

I'm gonna have to put orange day-glow vests on my poor goats.....

Here's the thread I made the last time something like this happened....

Idiots hunting Big Foot shooting in woods behind my house.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not happy about this offer at all......

Des

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Now 15 Million combined might get Obama to let the cat out of the bag - He is the son of Bigfoot hence why he has sealed all the records that might let that fact be known

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The evidence is already there.....

Bigfoot caught on tape....

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You know what is scarier than Bubba vs. Bubba with serious firepower in the woods? Someone might actually find a real one under this gold rush fever circumstance and it's be a heck of a way to see it happen for the first one to be blown to shreds by ignorance chasing greed.

If these really exist, their high intelligence is self evident by the fact we're still asking that question with honest idea of it's answer. That means it's no stretch to calling it murder of a sentient life....and so, how is it different from Homicide?

Inadvertently shooting one while trying to prove they exist is one thing...but as others note, this won't bring out the careful scientific types looking to study and prove life. This is a call to Bubba with his Ak-47 and a billion rounds to go get him a power ball prize across the hood to bring back.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
My thoughts exactly. The second some yokle hears this he's going to go straight for his rifle and start wandering around the woods shooting at anything he thinks could be a bigfoot. Bad for the animals being shot out of hunting season. Really bad for hikers or anybody near the crazies when they start shooting at anything brown and hairy.

Also, wouldn't this put too much pressure on the area they would be searching if everybody and their mom was out in the woods looking for bigfoot. BIgfoot would notice the activity and they would flee. and quicker than we could keep up or track them. It will just be another group of hacks running around the woods like weekend warriors looking for the poor animal.

The Darwin Awards will have some new candidates next year. The best that can happen, the gene pool will be flushed of a few more drunks with guns, shooting at each other....

Des

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
You know what is scarier than Bubba vs. Bubba with serious firepower in the woods? Someone might actually find a real one under this gold rush fever circumstance and it's be a heck of a way to see it happen for the first one to be blown to shreds by ignorance chasing greed.

If these really exist, their high intelligence is self evident by the fact we're still asking that question with honest idea of it's answer. That means it's no stretch to calling it murder of a sentient life....and so, how is it different from Homicide?

Inadvertently shooting one while trying to prove they exist is one thing...but as others note, this won't bring out the careful scientific types looking to study and prove life. This is a call to Bubba with his Ak-47 and a billion rounds to go get him a power ball prize across the hood to bring back.

Hopefully if they are out there, they will hear these bubbas coming a mile away. They seem to be masters of staying out of sight, so they will probably be fine.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
So to them the only "Proof" is a real DEAD body? That's beyond sick. There's enough proof already that they exist. They are just smart enough to stay away from humans who act more like neanderthals than they do.
God, they'll make a reality show out of anything.
What's next? Out of work astronauts looking for ET?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I must also say in agreement with what has been posted above that for amateur researchers like myself who spend a lot of time out in the woods, setting up trail-cams and sitting behind camo-netting with cameras and a big-Ear, this will be quite the dilemma. Because unfortunately every 'yahoo with a gun' will pretty much destroy any chance of any type of real investigational research.

I already have two separate areas that I have found to be interesting areas with what might be possible evidence of some 'unknown animal' feeding and nesting. I can just imagine what will happen once the hunters start trekking through and disrupting what has taken a considerable 'long-time' to establish.

I am really, really perturbed by this news/information which is undoubtedly just a marketing tool for people to watch their TV program...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Okay, I am going to need a tent, some granola bars, some rope and camera....and some bigfoot snacks.

I think your right Johnny, i can see it now.

Mass extinction of brown bear, black bear and grizzles as every idiot with a gun heads out into the wilderness, and through a case of mistaken identity shoots every living things around.

Grant it, i am sure there will be some professionals, but i think this certainly opened a can of worms potentially leading to environmental issue and health issues, as i am sure some group of inexperienced townsfolk get lost in the woods while squatching.

You will need some Jacks Link's Jerky but be careful! Talk about opening a can of worms!

Ya this does not sit well with me. Very distasteful SPIKE!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
would primate hair samples of "unknown origin" count ?

cuz those exist

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Spike TV should stick with shows like "Repo Games" Now there is some quality entertainment!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

cuz those exist

And here lies another part of the conundrum.. What will satisfy the jury-awarding conclusions as to what is or isn't evidence?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

cuz those exist

And here lies another part of the conundrum.. What will satisfy the jury-awarding conclusions as to what is or isn't evidence?

They are going to want the whole enchalada. The complete Barnum and Baily show...something to get those never before seen tv ratings.....then, they'll have to deal with the lawsuits of idiots who got shot by other idiots. A Cirque du Idiots......

My head hurts already......

Des

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I noticed this in the article..

The 10-episode series, which will film in various areas throughout the country, comes from Original Media (the people who brought the world "Ink Master" and "Swamp People"), with Original's Charlie Corwin, Michael Riley and Jon Kroll ("The Amazing Race," "Big Brother") executive-producing.

Looks like yet another "Redneck Reality" type show. Probably more attention paid by far to the cast than the subject. ie - filled with yokels people will tune in to see.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
I noticed this in the article..

The 10-episode series, which will film in various areas throughout the country, comes from Original Media (the people who brought the world "Ink Master" and "Swamp People"), with Original's Charlie Corwin, Michael Riley and Jon Kroll ("The Amazing Race," "Big Brother") executive-producing.

Looks like yet another "Redneck Reality" type show. Probably more attention paid by far to the cast than the subject. ie - filled with yokels people will tune in to see.

My thoughts exactly. No serious intent at all with this show in regards to the possibility of an undiscovered primate, its all about dopey entertainment.Make fun of the dopes crashing through the underbrush looking like fools. I would imagine Honey Boo Boos family may join the hunt if TLC gives them the ok.

This wont further serious research.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
ARGH, with regards to the whole thing, I rarely do this, but the photo seems appropriate...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join