It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow spiders or insects.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
SFA,

My earliest shadow spider happened when I was three, about 1961.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'll tell you what, I was blown away after reading this thread and replies.
I was sitting at my desk messing around with my PC when all of a sudden, something zoomed under the door, into my bedroom. My eyes focused on it and I followed it with my eyes. It went all the way across my room, then under the closet door into the closet. I don't like big spiders at all and at first thought that's what it was, but that only lasted for a split second. I was looking right at it but it was blurry looking and resembled black ball of smoke. It was fast too. I went into the closet and started digging, looking, but nothing was there. I'm glad that other people have seen one of these too.

@OP:
If I would grabbed a leg of a big spider like that, I would've fainted, and I'm not the type of guy who faints. That or I would've screamed like a little girl. That gave my heebies the jeebies when I read that.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxmerc
SFA,

My earliest shadow spider happened when I was three, about 1961.
1961. Okay I'll try and remember that. If there are other examples of this phenomena that go back that far I can eliminate some personal theories I was entertaining about the causes IF these things aren't just glitches in the imagination.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Mmm,an interesting thread for sure.First thing that popped in to my mind was 'The haunting of Toby Jugg' by Dennis Wheatley.Not that it is particularly relevant except that he's haunted by a malevolent shadow spider (conjoured by a satanist).Good book though.

As for why I'm responding to this thread is because I've been 'bothered' by flying bugs n things scurrying out the corner of my eye all since Friday.

At first I thought it was a fly but when I turn round to look there's nothing there,obviously.Of course,no flies around at all in the room or anything crawling across the bed.

It's happened a dozen of times or more now and is very reminiscent of a series of shadöw person episodes I had some years ago.

The quantum physics your friend alluded to would be quantum entanglement where two partictles seemingly totally unconnected,can be a large distance apart yet an effect applied to one particle can be seen to effect the other simulateneously.

I remember thinking back then that quantum physics opens the door to almost anything but the more I've read into it and understood what I can in my own fashion I'm more inclined to believe that the abrituary and 'spooky' behaviour on the quantum level isn't anything strange or other worldly,we just haven't figured out the rules yet.

I'm more leaning towards shadow figures,creatures and even insects are real indigenous living beings,that have always been here but has been suggested can either cloak or a theory I've heard once or twice which i particularly find appealing.

Apparently our increared use of and time focusing on computer screens,monitors and especially LCD flat screens that are of a much higher frequency than normal t.v are having the effect of increasing the range of light visible to us,that we're more sensitive to higher frequency light than ever before.

The shadow people have always been there but just beyond the frequency thats visible to us before pc screens.
I also read your peripheral vision tends to respond to the higher range of visible light we see which is why it's much more motion sensitive,less good at percieveing detail.

Interesting notion anyway.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I've seen astral spiders (small, giant, & massive), turtles, centipedes, frogs, hornet (massive), & bees (small, giant, & massive). Some have crawled on me & walls. Others suspended in mid-air. All equally freakish when my own mind doesn't expect them to be there.

Somehow my mind detects them in deep REM & as I'm quickly waking up, I still seem them with open eyes from a second to 10 seconds. Might be strange quantum mechanics, hallucinogenic dreams, or something truly spiritual. I'm open to any explanation.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
CK, picking them up in dreamspace and then seeing them in "normal" space for a few seconds is fairly common with me, too. This isn't really that surprising when you consider that dreams and waking are both primarily under beta brainwave conditions. This was one of the clues that led me to theorize that dreamspace is a real space, only at 90 degrees to ordinary space. One of the differences is that in dreamspace, we seem to perceive much using what seems to be akin to peripheral vision, while in ordinary space, we perceive much using foveal vision. This is why we have more trouble reading text in dreamspace; it can be done, but generally requires more effort.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hey, Im new here. I decided to join because I saw this thread. I was doing a web search do to something I experienced last night. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows anything about it. Here goes:

I love the outdoors. I was feeling a little restless yesterday evening, about 7:30pm; I decided to take a walk through the back of my families property. We had someone come in and clear a lot of the underbrush out. It was a beautiful, clear night. The moon was providing good light. I used a flash light to get to the back part and turned it off coming back. As I was walking, I kept seeing things that looked like very thin branches, and sometimes spider webs. The first couple of times, I would put my hand up to brush it away, but I never touched anything. The third or forth time it happened, I turned on the flash light to see what it was; I thought maybe it was a depth perception thing. It happened multiple times, sometimes thick and sometimes just one or two. However, One time, It was truly, and I mean truly, amazing. The area I was in, the path was between 10 and 15 feet wide. What I saw stretched from one side to the other and was at least 6 foot high, although it could have been much higher. It looked like silver threads/webbing, but where the gaps would be in a spider web, it was like looking through a bubble or slightly curved glass. The image through the "gaps" had that distorted look. I tried to touch but felt nothing. The first thought I had when I was it, besides amazement, was "string theory"; it looked so real and evident. It seemed to come from everything around me. Freakin' amazing!

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Where should I start?

My friend repeatedly sees the shadow of a domestic cat around the house (which he's dubbed Shadowcat- go figure
) He sees it as a protector. I joke about him not being Indian enough to have a real totem animal, so he gets a house cat

My cousin once thought he saw a dog-shaped shadow run along the roof of his car.
And finally, I've had a lot of experiences with shadow things (especially nightmares about spiders in my bed) but once I was laying in bed, the room was kind of dim, and I looked at the foot of the bed and swear I saw a large cat or bear shape, about 2-2.5 feet high, coming around the edge of my bed.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxmerc
CK, picking them up in dreamspace and then seeing them in "normal" space for a few seconds is fairly common with me, too. This isn't really that surprising when you consider that dreams and waking are both primarily under beta brainwave conditions. This was one of the clues that led me to theorize that dreamspace is a real space, only at 90 degrees to ordinary space. One of the differences is that in dreamspace, we seem to perceive much using what seems to be akin to peripheral vision, while in ordinary space, we perceive much using foveal vision. This is why we have more trouble reading text in dreamspace; it can be done, but generally requires more effort.

Based on what you're saying, I'm seeing time space at a 90 degree angle? Sort of like a hologram of what's occurring there?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKnight13

Hm. Well, dreamspace is at 90 degrees to what we call waking space, what I call 8-space. Dreamspace is (at least) 2 dimensions, and 8-space encompasses the X, Y, and Z directions, and also the electric, magnetic, weak nuclear, strong nuclear, and Higgs fields. Time is considered as a separate 1 or 2 dimensions. In dreams, our attention is mostly in dreamspace, and when we wake, our attention is mostly on 8-space. I don't know that I would consider either dreamspace or 8-space a hologram. But in that specific state where we are partially dreaming and partially awake, we can have our attention on both types of space simultaneously, an overlap if you will. And since these creatures are more dreamspace-like than 8-space-like, they can exist in both spaces anyway.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

I found this site searching for this particular topic, besides this thread i cannot see much info regarding this.

I have to say i have experienced the exact same phenomenon, roughly for 2 years now. I am not sure what to make of it, but it is become easier and easier to discern the shapes and clarity of these creatures.

I find if i try very hard to see them, i can, but they are extremely blurry and or just an outline. I can see various insects, mostly spiders, some as big as a meter, some as small as a few millimeters.

I see the same shapes in the same places, when i suddenly wake up i can see them all over the wall, in various shapes and sizes for about 5 secs, where they look frighteningly real, and solid. One time i woke up, and one these things jumped right at me, and gave me the fright of my life.

When i am about to sleep, but are still awake, or when i wake from a deep sleep suddenly is the clearest i can see them.

Anyway its good to know i am not the only one, but its starting to get worse and worse.
edit on 12-12-2012 by garetz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
garetz, try to remember that these creatures are, in our 8-space, mere shadows. They cannot harm you.

They've pestered and harassed me for decades, sometimes more and sometimes less, and sometimes they go away for months at a time.

They are primarily creatures of dreamspace, and even there, they cannot actually hurt you. Just pester.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

im just going to say yes to the insect/spider things
also the feeling they were running up my legs

but remembered this

now the shadow peeps thats a no from me
but a yes from the other half (herindoors)
she said they were about knee high and only saw them
just as she was falling to sleep or just as she was waking
when the twins were born (she stayed down stairs as it was warmer than up stairs)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I see these all the time, they scuttle across the floor then evaporate into thin air, sort of dissolve. I used to sleep a lot on the floor due to my back and that's when I would see them most. It's 110% your mind creating them. A sort of hallucination, same with people seeing figures I'd guess. Your brain conjures them up for whatever reason, likes to keep you on your toes. I'm certainly no debunker of everything but being witness to these things 100s of times I know they are neither ghosts/probes etc etc. They are all in the mind.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by macdad1

I contend that it's not all in the mind. You're just jumping to the easy way out as far as explanations go. Your mind may find solace in such rationale but I'm not convinced it's that simple. Too much of the strange has occurred in my life & I'm pretty damn sure I'm not crazy when I see dream creatures.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well if you need to convince yourself you are seeing something special and mystical then go ahead, fair enough.
I myself think I've seen them so often, especially when on the floor *hint hint* that I know they are from your brain. Hundreds of sightings which started out spooking me then over the years being able to predict the most probable time they would be conjured by my mind.

I'm certainly no the material world is the only reality believer in fact I'm pretty much a believer in a more uncertain and strange reality than the norm.

It's fear (whether subconscious or conscious) manifesting into imagery by the mind in certain circumstances and situations.

Shadow spiders LOL*

*This isn't a lol at the OP or that they seem like shadow spiders, because that is exactly what they look like. It's a chuckle to myself and what they used to mean to me.
edit on 17-12-2012 by macdad1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
As I said, that's your own rationale. It may or may not be correct but just as many people here tend to side with the supernatural or natural explanations, it doesn't prove the point of what many experience. Stating & staking a claim that it's all imaginary fairy tales from one's own subconcious fears that are manifested from psychosomatic feelings upon one's own skin seems pretty far fetched for an all-encompassing explanation. It doesn't prove anything when people automatically assume all strange experiences are supernatural & that there must be no scientific explanation. I'm a firm believer that quantum mechanics may actually explain why spiritual/supernatural experiences occur due to multi-dimensionalism & non-deterministic event trees.

Maybe we should do more reading than judging others experiences before we jump to conclusions about everything that falls within a specified set of parameters for one's own perceptions?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Nah I've read through the thread thanks, I'm jumping to no conclusions. It's in the mind. I know. Believe what ever gets you through the day but these things are in the mind. I've probably experienced them tenfold the times anyone else has in this thread. Your hallucinating but like I say if your life requires you to elevate that then that's your situation.

Me I call a spade a spade when I'm sure and these things are brain concoctions.

Anyway I know what these are they are not magical or mystical and with that I'm out.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Forgot about this thread, cool to see it still churning along nicely, there.

I think it's in my mind to be honest, I'd caught fleeting glimpses of blackish blobs but they seemed to increase in intensity and only started associating them with spiders after the incident I spoke of in my opening post in this thread.

They rarely seem to move spiderlike, if they are spiders they're crippled or injured, I have seen them move fast on occasion but mostly they move slowly and aimlessly...they only seem to have a sense of direction when I try and look directly towards them - they immediately disappear under or behind the nearest object, funny. I can sit and observe for a while out the corner of my eye, they move...and I turn my head to keep up with them, but keeping them out of plain sight...they move weird.

I saw it a few days ago before bed, I'm mostly awake when I see them...I was in the batchroom having a wash, I stepped back and was drying my face, looking in the mirror and caught a brief glimpse of something probably about the size of a tarantula...bigger than the average UK spider, but it was bumbling real slow, almost as though it had a limp, it disappeared beneath the sink/basin, I stepped back to see if it was still visible and nothing, nowhere to go,, really...the room was well lit at the time and I wasn't particularly tired or anything. I don't find it frightening just quite interesting, really.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Maybe if you hadn't stamped on the real spider originally (instead of just knocking it off you) then you wouldn't have been haunted by them ever since.
Why do people have to kill everything they see.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join