It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful solar flare Oct 25, 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I just saw this video of a solar flare that happened today. It looks very large, but neat. I thought Id share it. Do you think Earth is in any danger?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by drivebricker

Beautiful... Thanks for the catch and share! I checked the GOES chart and looks quiet. Where was I when the X class event happened on the 23rd though???? Wow... I missed that entirely.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

cool video,always amazed to watch these videos cause to think something so massive and violent we need to actually be here......can never get my head round we,r just a spec if u put us side to side.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
That was a solar prominence, not a flare, still, amazing to see, thanks for sharing.....(and no, no danger to Earth
)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Thank you, whats a prominence, and whats the difference?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

look at this one oh my..from the 20th...huge blast

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
oh my god.

that is beautiful

wow

makes you wonder how little and unimportant every single on e of us is. That maybe it is better to be true to the self and not to the expected self we think we owe something to.

my take on it.

I might think that what little things I did in the long run were "attempts" at causing pain or not

what I might have done is waste my own time seeing as how the universe will pass us by anyways, makes you realize how alone everyone really is. Do you see solar flares every day? are you one, then maybe you are just another person in an endless sea of them, but that one solar flare, is more.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Hope this helps

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by drivebricker
Thank you, whats a prominence, and whats the difference?

Found this answer easiest for me

The difference between a solar flare and a solar prominence is that a solar flare emits charged partials, which travel to the Earth. Solar prominence are large sheets that burst out from the Sun that last for days or even weeks and can grow up to 400000km high.

wiki.answers.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Not quite.
A solar flare is a burst of electromagnetic radiation (x-rays, UV, visible light). A CME (coronal mass ejection) is a burst of plasma. Solar flares and CMEs are often but not always associated with each other.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Char-Lee

Not quite.
A solar flare is a burst of electromagnetic radiation (x-rays, UV, visible light). A CME (coronal mass ejection) is a burst of plasma. Solar flares and CMEs are often but not always associated with each other.

The difference between a solar flare and a solar prominence?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

The difference between a solar flare and a solar prominence?

About the same. A flare is a burst of electromagnetic radiation. A prominence is a structure composed of plasma caught by magnetic fields.

new topics

top topics

join