It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If trick-or-treating was cancelled....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
what would you do with your kids? If this storm turns out to be bad, it's a good chance I can expect my town to cancel or postpone Halloween.

Any great ideas for ways (fun activities) to keep the disappointment at bay for the kiddos? Maybe we can come up with some ideas now, as another level of preparedness! We lose power pretty easy, so this scenario suggests activities that could be done with no power of course.

So far, I am thinking about putting together a scavenger hunt as a backup plan, with each spot holding a candy stash. But that's about all I've got.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry. There is usually a church or some other organization having a Halloween party or "Harvest Festival" or the equivalent. Just find out ahead of time the policy on wearing costumes (yes/no, what types allowed, etc.). Many may be free to the public.

You could always turn off the lights and put on some old scary movies (at least, ones that were considered somewhat scary when we were children
).

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
When the power goes out light some candles and tell ghost stories. Trying to keep it traditional here.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Some churches do a revelations theme styled party. If that wont scare the be-jesus out of you, nothing will. I wonder if the razor blade industry is taking a big hit on the dwindling door to door trick or treaters? LOL Sorry, warped mind.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Tell ghost stories and make Rice Krispie treat "monsters".

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Had no plans to celebrate this year anyways. All my kids asked for was a night of scary movies. I usually ended up throwing half the candy away. I plan to go out a couple days after and buy some 50% off. (the kind they'll eat.) We won't get any trick or treaters where we are.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Just a suggestion. But if you have leftover candy, you can always donate it to your child's school.

Candy makes an awesome bribe. Trust me, the teachers will be grateful. I go buy the Halloween after sale candy and stock up for the year.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

get some potatoes and some wire and some lightbulbs....create your own lights...tell ghost stories ....have the usual out to scare people...grapes as eyes, etc...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Theres never a load of trick or treating that goes on around where I am anyway. Pensioners don't like it.
People just prefer to throw parties. You know, do all the dunking apples and stuff with the little un's first, then tuck a load of them up for a sleep over with Nightmare before Christmas or something.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Over my life I have been in several places that cancelled trick or treating, for a variety of reasons. Once, when I was a kid, local churches took up the slack and did their own Halloween things - the one I was taken to had a hayride and then they passed out candy.

Another year, as a parent, local trick or treating was cancelled because of a poison threat ( or something of that nature ) and the local mall kicked in and closed the stores the Saturday night, prior to Halloween, so that the kids could trick or treat there.

Also as a parent? I learned pretty quick that once kids get past six or seven they'd rather have options anyway. Tell a kid "We can buy a costume for you... or we can take that money, rent a couple of scary movies, invite a few of your friends over, and order pizza AND have candy.. whichever you prefer" the kids usually go for option 2 anyway.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

Explanation: S&F!

HAARP told me to tell the kiddies that if Halloween is cancelled that they are to go raise both the Dead ... and Hell!

Personal Disclosure: I would hope that halloween being cancelled is a trick because it is certainly not the kind of treat I would enjoy on such a sacred and holy night! :shk:
@ HAARP

new topics

top topics

join