It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Difference between being human and being a sheep?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What's the difference really? Or. How do you expect us to act?

What is your definition of being a sheep?

And. . . .

What is your definition of NOT being a sheep?

In the short time that I have been a part of ATS I've noticed a lot of people rant about what a bunch of hypocrites we are but I really can't see how they expect people to act any different from the 'norm'?

Is there a society, community or some blueprint which will give us an idea of what an enlightened/open community acts like so in order for us to follow that example?

Think there is big difference between what people are referring to as being sheep and non-sheep or just not enough understanding of the term.

Sure people act like humans cause that's basically what they are. They have enemies, friends, idols, and so on. . .

So basically, and this is just the idea I'm getting, you expect us not to be human?

So why not give us an example?

I think you're, the ones who proclaim that all of ATS is under some spell of society, the REAL hypocrites.

Consider this, most of the folks here on ATS enjoy and learn about subjects which could be considered taboo. From the supernatural to the extraterrestrials, to fantastical predictions of the coming apocalypse. . . I think in that alone makes most here abnormal in some sense. . . As in not falling under the norm of what is socially trending/acceptable.

Sure people argue and differ in opinions but that is what makes a community evolve. That's how things grow.

I think ATS is probably the best example you'll get of an enlightened and open community.

But let me know if you find a better one
edit on 25-10-2012 by DariusHames because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'm neither human or sheep.

I am a living soul.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DariusHames

To me, it seems the difference between human and sheep person is the ability to think critically for oneself.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Sheep have fewer toes on each foot than humans. Sheep stomachs have four different compartments in them, while humans only have one.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

It's funnier because of your name.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
To me, sheep people or those who believe what they are told and don't question authority. They also do as they are told.

Sheep people tend to spend a lot of time being programmed by the media and others like them. They agree with almost all of the opinions they are repeatedly presented. They tend to trust the government and refuse to believe that we have all been tricked by central bankers and special interest. They will willingly give up freedoms and libertys for a greater sense of security.

How to not be a sheep person:
1. Think about and question what you are told. Do independent research and use multiple sources.
2. Search yourself and form your own opinions.
3. Know that it's okay to think differently then most others.
4. Never take freedom lightly.
5. Stand up for yourself and what you believe.
6. Stand up to corruption and help make the world a better place for us all.
7. Seek knowledge, wisdom, and understanding.
8. Love

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Sheep don't have toes, They are cloven hoofed like cattle.

JAK

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DariusHames

... being a sheep?... NOT being a sheep?

Part of being a good human is, for me, trying not being swayed or shaped by insult or praise alike. If we eat such things to survive we'll always be hungry, wanting. If we can provide food for ourselves we've no need for them. There is, I believe it's an old Jewish saying, 'If you're nothing without it you'll be nothing with it.'

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pegasus2000

Sheep don't have toes, They are cloven hoofed like cattle.
I know that people call them hooves, but you might want to check into it further. They are actually toes, believe it or not.

The even-toed ungulates (Artiodactyla) are ungulates (hoofed animals) whose weight is borne about equally by the third and fourth toes, rather than mostly or entirely by the third as in odd-toed ungulates (perissodactyls) such as horses.

Even-TOED ungulates- Wikipedia

( had to throw that in for fun
)
edit on 26-10-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Difference between sheep and humans?

Humans say No, Sheep say Baaa. Doesn't hold up in court you see.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Humans usually have less body fuzz, a larger brain and bigger vocabulary than a sheep...

"usually" being the key word in the above...

new topics

top topics

join