It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Thoughts on Martial Law after 2012 Election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I've been debating whether to release my thoughts to my friends here on ATS. For one, I don't know for a fact that this will happen. Two, I don't want others to paint me as a false prophet or failed soothsayer, etc. My disclaimer is that I am NOT predicting this will happen, only that I feel the pieces are falling in place for it to happen.

Lately I've talked to friends about the possibility of Martial Law coming in to play immediately after the elections. A few of them are police officers, military, etc.They've told me they haven't thought of the following scenerio, but seems very plausible. Also, one military member told me that UN troops are supposed to arrive a day or two before the elections..my question is for what? No, I have no links or sources to back this up, and quite frankly have not looked.

My reasoning is due to the minorities or immigrants. IF Obama loses the election, some have stated they fully intend to revolt.

There is a transition (60 days or so?) between an outgoing president and the new president elect. During the transition, I believe Obama could declare martial law. Once martial law is declared, I don't think that there can be an changing of the presidents. IF UN troops are indeed here before the elections, something tells me they may know this will go down.

Regardless, I do feel that there will be rioting on a mass scale IF Obama loses. What say you ATSer's?

edit on Thu, 25 Oct 2012 16:07:19 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: Mod Edit: All Caps Title – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
You can look first to UN observers being sent to monitor polling places in Texas during the election. They are not UN troops, but its a place to start looking.

Also there is a possibility of a grid failure as result of a cyber security attack.
edit on 25-10-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I feel that all this talk of rioting is nothing but mass bulling.
Vote my way or else.

Do we allow this behavior in children?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
214869 (2007 PA8) 05th November 2012 11 day(s) 0.0433 16.8 1.5 km - 3.3 km 10.79 km/s 38844 km/h

Just a day before elections, and no one seems to care only 16,8 lunar distance away and mass is big..

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Local law enforcement has been doing crowd control and civil unrest training here over the last few months.

The will be on elevated alert, and will respond in groups as needed should hot pockets develop.

If there are riots they are predicted to be small cells in low income minority areas, as in most case. Their actions will determine the level of enforcement necessary.

Right now, and until then, rest assured they are watching sites like this one, facebook, twitter, etc. to help identify potential problem areas and individuals.

edit on 25-10-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

ehhhh...

What?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Big asteroid, potentially hazardous only 16,8 LD fly by. This might have some geological influence here.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

Good to know, thank you!
But the fact that they have to, over an election? Very disheartening!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

hmm maybe its wormwood, fire mingled with blood seems about right.

Well I will look out for it and that is the name of it you posted I presume?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

ehhhh...

What?

LOL..that's what I was thinking. I haven't looked at what she is saying, but that's another topic I'm sick of hearing. Asteroids, hemorrhoids, steroids, Altoids...Nibiru, Planet X, Wormwood...yadda yadda.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I have not found any other name for this, my concern is magnetism its quite high in mass and very close flyby. And if it causes some disturbance there will be martial law.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
United Nations-affiliated election monitors are coming here to "observe" and "report".

In my opinion, this sort of thing should be reserved for up and coming democracies and third world countries. I am appalled that it is happening here in our country and it would not surprise me one iota if some "report" might not cause this administration to attempt martial law.

I cannot wait until this eerily enigmatic and inscrutable president is out. He creeps me out big time.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinny5036

www.mtv.com...=2211&seriesId=37392&channelId=1

It's the end of the world, you don't need any money dumb#ss!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The Bush haters said the same thing 4 years ago. I think there will likely be some rioting because there is always rioting (win or lose) and there will be lots of hand wringing. If Romney wins, Obama will have a long career backbiting any conservative president (a la Jimmy Carter) and if Obama wins Romney will fade into obscurity (a la Gary Hart).

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Big asteroid, potentially hazardous only 16,8 LD fly by. This might have some geological influence here.

I took a look at what she/he? is talking about. Second.

THIS IS WHAT SHE IS REFERRING TO...

Originally posted by dollukka

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Background

(214869) 2007 PA8 was discovered by LINEAR on August 9, 2007.
Nothing is known about the physical properties of this object except its absolute magnitude of 16.2,
which suggests a diameter within a factor of two of about 1.8 km.
2007 PA8 will approach within 0.043 AU (17 lunar distances) on November 5, 2012, when it could be a
very strong radar target at Goldstone. We are planning an extensive campaign of Goldstone radar
observations and hope to use the chirp system to image this object.

With a Tisserand parameter of 2.944, the orbit of this asteroid resembles that of a Jupiter-family comet,
and given its comet-like orbit, we expect a low optical albedo on the order of ~5%.
When combined with its absolute magnitude, this corresponds to a diameter of ~3.5 km.
Consequently, 2007 PA8 could be one of the ten largest asteroids that has approached Earth this closely
in the past 100 years. Due to the strong SNRs and size of the object, we expect that radar imaging
will place hundreds or possibly thousands of pixels on this object at resolutions of 0.25 or 0.1 usec.

Fourteen tracks are scheduled at Goldstone between October 28-November 13, providing an outstanding
opportunity to study the physical properties of this object. View periods for 2007 PA8 also overlap
those scheduled for asteroid 1998 ST49 on October 16-19, and we plan to devote some of the time on those
dates to 2007 PA8 as well.

The closest approach occurs at declinations too far south for Arecibo to track.

2007 PA8 brightens below 15th magnitude at the end of September and it reaches a peak brightness at magnitude 11
just before the closest approach. It will be an excellent target for lightcurves and spectroscopy and it
will even be visible in small telescopes (8" and larger) for experienced observers.

We are expecting that lightcurves will become available in October, so it's possible that the
rotation period will be known before the observations begin. Preliminary results from Michael Hicks (JPL)
suggest that the period is roughly 15 hours.

2007 PA8 has been classified as a "Potentially Hazardous Asteroid" (PHA) by the IAU's Minor Planet Center.

Orbital and Physical Characteristics
orbit type Apollo
semimajor axis 2.827 AU
eccentricity 0.663
inclination 2 deg
perihelion distance 0.954 AU
aphelion distance 4.700 AU
absolute magnitude (H) 16.2
diameter ~3.5 km (assuming an optical albedo of 0.05)
rotation period ~15 h (M. D. Hicks, pers. comm.)
pole direction unknown
lightcurve amplitude unknown
spectral class unknown, likely optically dark
JPL/Horizons orbit diagram: ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Last update: 2012 October 18

echo.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Thank you finding the link. Anyway it seems to be a big hush hush... can´t find much information about it, even NASA is silent about it

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

I checked NASA pages last week, i was too early. Thank you for this information

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Thank you finding the link. Anyway it seems to be a big hush hush... can´t find much information about it, even NASA is silent about it

Hey, no sweat..and if you look as good as that cartoon..I'll find you any link you want! ha ha

oh yeah..second

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i think we worry when the LD is less than one, dependent on its diameter and mass....1 LD is the distance of the moon from the earth at it's closest approach

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join