Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

How do I talk to spirits?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I've never had contact with spriits before (that I'm aware of) but I've seen from multiple sources, including here, that anybody can learn to talk to spirits, it's not some sort of natural gifts.
I'm intrigued with the paranormal world and I believe communicating with spirits is possible. Family members have visited a medium before and the medium has told them information from a 'spirit' that they've heard and they talk to them. They don't use communication like a ouija board or pendulum, they do it with their mind?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Get a kit www.ghoststop.com... and watch Ghost adventures or join a local ghost hunters group.

check this out www.ghoststop.com...
edit on 25-10-2012 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
My suggestion would be through meditation. My understanding is to get yourself to a frequency that allows communication with "spirits, higher selves". I find that since I had a very profound experience meditating that it's a little more difficult to get back to that frequency. I think because I expect something to happen. There's thousands of techniques and it's not something that happens right away. I imagine it could happen right away but for most it will take intent and focus and a lot of practice. Believing is key to getting in the right mind state to start so good luck to ya.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Just talk - they can hear you! It's hearing them back that is difficult! I'm a member of www.spiritualforums.com - sign up there yourself and there's many how to's and tips etc, plus a plethora of people who'll be able to help you.

Good luck

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

Most people who talk to spirits are born with their abilities, and therefore, instinctively know how to use them, so before I spill a few beans, I must tell you that communicating with spirits is not all it's cracked up to be. It is glamorized today as being the cool and hip thing to do, but in reality, it can be very dangerous. If you begin talking to spirits, you may begin to attract certain energies that you do not want to have around you.

1.) THE THIRD EYE -- This is probably the least risky method of communicating with spirits.

The third eye (also known as the inner eye) is a mystical and esoteric concept referring to a speculative invisible eye which provides perception beyond ordinary sight. In certain dharmic spiritual traditions such as Hinduism, the third eye refers to the ajna, or brow, chakra. The third eye is referred to the gate that leads within to inner realms and spaces of higher consciousness. In New Age spirituality, the third eye often symbolizes a state of enlightenment or the evocation of mental images having deeply personal spiritual or psychological significance. The third eye is often associated with religious visions, clairvoyance, the ability to observe chakras and auras,precognition, and out-of-body experiences. People who are claimed to have the capacity to utilize their third eyes are sometimes known as seers.

Proceure for opening your Third Eye:

Third Eye Opening Exercise:
1. Lie down in a quiet room. Some like it dark, other's don't mind doing so in day light. Pick whatever time of day is good for you.
2 Close your eyes and clear your mind of all the days worries etc. This may take a few minutes at least - allow your self time to shed all that anxiety. Don't be in a hurry.
3. As you begin to relax, release the worries of life, begin to focus your attention on the center of your forehead. Look at it from your mind, see if you can feel that area as you think about it.
4. As you slowly begin to become more attentive to this spot, it may feel a little warm, or even tingly. That's fine. If it doesn't, that's fine too.
5. Begin to view an eye there, and image that it is slowly opening. Concentrate on opening this eye, not your physical ones. It may feel a little strange at first. Just keep trying. Some people report seeing a strong light flow into this 'third' eye. Just allow whatever to happen to happen.
6. As you practice this on a daily basis, start to try to see the room around you with only this third eye. Make sure you are not opening your physical ones. Some people put a soft eye mask on to make sure it doesn't happen. Keep practicing.
7. After you repeat this for several days/weeks and feel comfortable you can try other exercises, such as trying to read the history of an object, or remote projection. It all just depends on what you want or are interested in doing. Just take your time and don't rush it.

A lot of people believe you can see spirits by opening your Third Eye.

The spirit world is unpredictable, but I believe this is a safer method to communicate with spirits.

I do not believe the following methods are safe, so I will not post here on how to do them; I will, however, post a brief synopsis on what they are. I do not recommend using these methods, but as we are humans, we will do whatever we wish.

*Automatic Writing (Clearing your mind and mindlessly writing words on paper, hoping that a spirit will take over)
*Scrying (Using a blacked out mirror)
*Seance
*EVPs (Talking to the dead by use of a voice recorder)

The last one here is the most dangerous. You should research protection techniques and charms and activate them before ever using this method, but be warned -- they may not protect you from what you come into contact with. Demons frequent this method and use it to get to their #1 prey -- YOU!

Ouija Board -- Using a board with letters, numbers, and the words 'yes and no' to communicate with spirits. It is believed that you open a portal with it, and by doing so, you invite spirits to come near you and push the "planchette" around the board to spell out words and senteces.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Short answer: you don't.

Long answer:
If by spirit you mean the memory of someone deceased, all you need do is think what you wish to convey and then trick yourself into believing that they heard you. Also, you may speak out-loud for added effect.

edit on 25-10-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jNormal
I've never had contact with spriits before (that I'm aware of) but I've seen from multiple sources, including here, that anybody can learn to talk to spirits, it's not some sort of natural gifts.
I'm intrigued with the paranormal world and I believe communicating with spirits is possible. Family members have visited a medium before and the medium has told them information from a 'spirit' that they've heard and they talk to them. They don't use communication like a ouija board or pendulum, they do it with their mind?

Please consider that if you believe in spirits, then you must also believe that you will one day become a spirit. Now for the big question: Why in thee hell would you be hanging around here?

If there is a spirit world, then when I die, planet Earth is the LAST place you'd catch me.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

Maybe you are in fact communicating with a "spirit" as you typed that post.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Sadly, this is another downside - non-believers, who are determined their own view is THE truth. It isn't, but you need to find out for yourself on this. To those, I always ask - if energy cannot be destroyed, only converted (as proved by science) then how can it all be over and there be nothing when you die?

That forum I mentioned before - well worth a visit

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It's easy. You start with ... Hey Spirit, wassup?
Then just go on with the conversation from there

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by jNormal

If there is a spirit world, then when I die, planet Earth is the LAST place you'd catch me.

There's nothing wrong with planet Earth - it's just let down by various members of mankind!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by puggtiracer
To those, I always ask - if energy cannot be destroyed, only converted (as proved by science) then how can it all be over and there be nothing when you die?

If that is the case, then there is no need for a spirit world. Energy isn't spirit. Can you converse with energy?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think you start by being honest with yourself.....what you project on others is what you hear in you.

is what you hear as spirits

is what you think is special conversation with ghosts.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

To those, I always ask - if energy cannot be destroyed, only converted (as proved by science) then how can it all be over and there be nothing when you die?

If that is the case, then there is no need for a spirit world. Energy isn't spirit. Can you converse with energy?

Spirit IS energy - such is my opinion anyways. I understand your non-belief but for me, I believe - I've seen too much to not belief. It's not a path for everybody and thankfully it doesn't follow the dogmatic 'spread the word' BS that christianity/islam etc seem to follow.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
your main question is why?

do they know more about your life than a living person does?

can they offer more than a living person does.

this to me is like video games.

go outside

people can teach you more insight to life than some phantom you "might" make up.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

They don't use communication like a ouija board or pendulum, they do it with their mind?

Spirits speak through symbols and unusual interactions, perhaps possession would be a good term.
Ouija boards are fine, I have had 3 distinct experiences with mine. I choose not to use it much at all.

If your reason for wanting to chat with spirits is just curiosity, then it might not be enough.
Everything is a learning experience, and all spirits are connected as one.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Spirit IS energy - such is my opinion anyways. I understand your non-belief but for me, I believe - I've seen too much to not belief. It's not a path for everybody and thankfully it doesn't follow the dogmatic 'spread the word' BS that christianity/islam etc seem to follow.

I don't doubt that you believe. Many people do. I also appreciate the lack of dogma.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Please consider that if you believe in spirits, then you must also believe that you will one day become a spirit. Now for the big question: Why in thee hell would you be hanging around here?

I would imagine "spirits" have lessons to be learned as well.

Planet earth would be purrfect place to learn through a multitude of experiences possibly not available to us in "spirit" form.

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience"

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by manykapao
your main question is why?

do they know more about your life than a living person does?

can they offer more than a living person does.

this to me is like video games.

go outside

people can teach you more insight to life than some phantom you "might" make up.

Granted, some people seem to 'live' in the spirit world, since it is easier than living in the 'real' world. However, sometimes spirits (particularly spirit guides) have a much deeper perception of situations than our closed minds might. Granted, people can teach you more, but it's not unknown for spirits to work through them. If you are a non-believer and things are going good for you then great - continue as you are. But it surely makes sense if you are curious as to spiritual things, to look into your options?

You can't prove to me that the spirit realm is false, any more than I can prove to you it's real

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by puggtiracer

I would then be asked to prove god existed, and would be labeled god himself for the wonders I would have to conjure up to do it.

People ask spirits everyday questions, instead of asking

does he/ she love me

did my so and so love me

what is this or that in the other world

ect

what they need to do is ask themselves.

what would make me happy, what would make him her happy.

what is real in this world that I have power over

ect

top topics

<<   2 >>

join