It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas authorities have threatened to arrest international election observers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Ballonnneyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Which one of the fright-wing blowhards told you this?

Rush? Hannity? Ted Nugent?

The OP remarked that it's no wonder a Democratic candidate hasn't won Texas. You know why? Because they're probably using Romney-backed voting machines!

TAAA-DAAA!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by Juggernog

I don't see the issue here? I read the article and I fail to see the problem? Why are Texan officials so scared of the international observers? If the Texan election process is secure, and if it promotes equal voting rights for all citizens, why the aggression against the observers?

Texas could set an example to others of how the election process is suppose to work, so I fail to see what they have to hide by these observers coming in.

The international community supports one candidate.
The UN is biased and as crooked as the day is long. This alone is enough reason to deny them the opportunity to interfere.

If they were invited by official channels then the states need to know this so they can handle the situation appropriately.

So the international community is biased, and the tiny team of inspectors on the ground in Texas are going to do what, exactly, pull off a conjuring trick and make Obama the winner through slight of hand at the behest of global governments?

And if that tiny team of people can somehow manage to pull of such a stunt with hundreds of highly suspicious Republican eyes all over them and rig the vote in favor of Obama, where the hell were they when Bush won a second term?

Lets call this what it really is. It's a mouthy Republican spoiling for a fight. Right now he's probably sitting in an armchair under a "Don't Tread on Me" flag trembling with anger and muttering to himself about the constitution as he polishes his guns, while his grey and weak wife reads the Bible to his kids and secretly plans her escape!

These people do not have the best interests of their people or their country at heart, they want their moment of fame, they want to impress the radicals, and they want to be an obstacle wherever possible.

Or, they want to pull off some fraud and they don't want international observers there to catch them in the act...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobbyTarass

Tell me how the UN and its 56 representants have the power to change even for a bit the course of the elections ? They are here to assess that everything is done the right way.

You apparently need it since we already heard claims of frauds.

And about the "hostile intervention from foreign powers" it really makes me cringe, it's a democratic process and a helping hand to be sure it is respected, you just can't be serious. Are you that opposed to the concept of democracy that you'd rather have your elections going without someone to keep it fair ?

Once again.
Your president and administration are obviously unwilling to have and hold fair elections. The UN, criminal international enterprise actually feels Obama can't control a simple election. OR they really believe he's crooked.
The states that believe they need international intervention to protect them from their president may go around the federal government and request it.

Otherwise, without the request of the states, any foreign interference is a hostile act.

Too bad the Dems don't even trust the president that they are supporting.
The UN does, however, relish the fact that the Democrats are falling over themselves to have the rest of the world come into their country and tell them what they can and can't do.
The left can relish the fact that the rest of the world will soon accept them as needy subordinates who genuinely desire the approval of the UN.

edit on 25-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Right now he's probably sitting in an armchair under a "Don't Tread on Me"

Nah, our official motto is basically the friendship state. Our unofficial motto is "dont mess with texas" which started out as an anti litter campaign during the 80s

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Don't mess with what? Zombies? Uneducated hillbillies?

Everything's bigger in Texas...except for the brains.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

And where the hell are you from?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

You should come on down and visit the zombie hillbillies.
They gotta eat too.

Just don't wear a blue helmet.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Tell me how the UN and its 56 representants have the power to change even for a bit the course of the elections ? They are here to assess that everything is done the right way.

You apparently need it since we already heard claims of frauds.

And about the "hostile intervention from foreign powers" it really makes me cringe, it's a democratic process and a helping hand to be sure it is respected, you just can't be serious. Are you that opposed to the concept of democracy that you'd rather have your elections going without someone to keep it fair ?

Once again.
Your president and administration are obviously unwilling to have and hold fair elections. The UN, criminal international enterprise actually feels Obama can't control a simple election. OR they really believe he's crooked.
The states that believe they need international intervention to protect them from their president may go around the federal government and request it.

Otherwise, without the request of the states, any foreign interference is a hostile act.

Too bad the Dems don't even trust the president that they are supporting.
The UN does, however, relish the fact that the Democrats are falling over themselves to have the rest of the world come into their country and tell them what they can and can't do.
The left can relish the fact that the rest of the world will soon accept them as needy subordinates who genuinely desire the approval of the UN.

He is not my president (he's yours), don't try to make me look like I'm on one side or another, I don't care about the results, I'm talking about the process.

How is the UN a "criminal international enterprise", I'd love to know that (please spare me of an answer if it's some Illumination or conspiration beliefs).

Yet again you're interpreting things from a defensive point of view, they are here to be sure that either Democrats & Republicans respect the process of voting as the US law defines it.
It's not a standoff where there has to be a winner, the only winners here are the people that are assured that their vote will be taen into account fairly, like in every democracy.
They are not here to serve a party nor an agenda, they don't have the power for that. They did that job under Bush Jr twice, then again under Obama.

But your defensive stance makes me feel that I could say whatever i want you wouldn't change your point of view since everything in your elections seem to be binary and once you've taken a side you have to trash everything that comes from the other one, even when it serve a common good so I think I'll stop there.

edit on 25-10-2012 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2012 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

1. Cardio
2. Double Tap
3. Beware of bathrooms
4. Wear seat belts

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

1. Cardio
2. Double Tap
3. Beware of bathrooms
4. Wear seat belts

You got it buddy.
Race for the cure.

Kinda off topic.
Anyhow.
The UN needs to go take care of someone who needs it.
Cheers.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Flew right over your head, didn't it?

Just tried to lighten things up.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Flew right over your head, didn't it?

Just tried to lighten things up.

Nope,
I got it.
I'm not one of the zombie hillbillies.
Down here we just call them Democrats.

Defund the UN!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Come on buddy, no need for cheap shots.

Texas is a great state, I'm probably one of a handful of registered Democrat voters in Texas and I've never been harrassed or anytging.

Come on down sometime, we're friendly

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Come on buddy, no need for cheap shots.

Texas is a great state, I'm probably one of a handful of registered Democrat voters in Texas and I've never been harrassed or anytging.

Come on down sometime, we're friendly

There are a lot of Democrats in Texas.
Houston is overwhelmingly Democrat.
I'm a minority white man. Mostly Hispanic here and most of them are Democrat.
We keep the zombies up in Dallas.
I have Democrat friends and we don't curse and throw things at each other.
We vote our conscience and then go shooting at the nearest gun range.
We have red targets AND blue targets.
And targets with baby blue helmets.

Used UN guns for sale,
Only dropped once.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Well you see how I turned it into a Zombieland reference.

Of course there are good folks in TX.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Just to add some fuel to the fire... Is there a possibility that these UN observers will try to arrest registered voters at the polling places that show up on the red list through the legislation that was passed known as NDAA?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Just to add some fuel to the fire... Is there a possibility that these UN observers will try to arrest registered voters at the polling places that show up on the red list through the legislation that was passed known as NDAA?

National Defense Authorization Act ?
I don't think the UN would be into that action. That would be Uncle Sugar.

The UN issue is an academic issue that is a precedent to serious interference later and should be nipped in the bud.

Under NDAA the US could conceivably arrest and imprison anyone without charges or trial and hold them without time limit. It's a direct violation of Constitutional law.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Yes but these international observers do not care about the Constitution.
Obama also has a very prominent role in the UN, he is like their messiah.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

But your defensive stance makes me feel that I could say whatever i want you wouldn't change your point of view since everything in your elections seem to be binary and once you've taken a side you have to trash everything that comes from the other one, even when it serve a common good so I think I'll stop there.

No, you can't change my point of view on this.
My stance is not defensive. It is offensive. The UN is an enemy of US citizens and has a standing agenda to remove the rights of American citizens in an effort to create a more "pliable" USA.

The UN does not do an observation of US elections for the common good. It is a political maneuver.
THE UN HAS NEVER STOOD FOR THE COMMON GOOD,
Only for the COMMON AGENDA

The UN is in every sense of the word a criminal organization. It is the most politically corrupt organization on the planet. That would be an entire thread unto it's self. I'm sure there are already quite a few.

Once again.
The actual election "observation" isn't even an issue to me. The PRECEDENT is the issue.

Apparently the supporters of this move have no confidence in the sitting president's inability to run fair elections. That's fine. You are free to have no confidence in this president. The rest of the world doesn't seem to trust him either if the UN is watching over an election with him as incumbent.

Texas, as a state, does not NEED or DESIRE international intervention in it's elections. The rest of the states may be so INCAPABLE of running fair elections that they NEED the UN to send observers there and that is their problem and their shortcoming as individual states.

Not everybody can be competent enough to practice democracy. Some people need the UN to show them how. More power to them. Let the UN watch over them and hold their hands so they feel secure and more accepted by the international community.

Texas most likely won't vote Obama but they at least trust the administration to run a simple election.

Most importantly and unfortunately what everyone seems to be BLIND too is that the UN "observation" of a US election is a precedent that we don't need to set.

Not for any reason at all.

Ever.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Further information on this matter:

The OSCE, which sends monitoring teams to elections around the world, has been observing U.S. elections since 2002, when the Bush administration invited them after the hotly contested 2000 presidential election. They are expected to observe in 15 states on November 6th.

security.blogs.cnn.com...

It seems like there wasn't a problem with these international observers in past years during the Bush administration. So why all of a sudden a change of tune? Why the aggression? If there is nothing wrong with the elections process in Texas, they have nothing to fear with these observers.

Its not about fear its about internationalisim, federal bullies.......and people that still vote on paper and shoebox slot, that have armored cars at polling stations, that know nothing about our vote mechines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join