It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do spiders attack humans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
i was browsing YouTube today and found this video. i found it disturbing until the slow-motion replay... then spit on my monitor laughing so hard.... this has to be the best spider attack reaction...

you get the feeling it will end badly when daddy said they are harmless lol.

and i just had to share the joy of watching it... be warned if you have arachnophobia it might scare you...

indeed this is some funny stuff...

link to video

www.youtube.com...#!

edit on 25-10-2012 by rwguessjr because: spelling

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I couldn't appreciate it. Just the tone of voice of the two, it seemed almost like the entire video was staged somehow. That kind of just ruined it for me whether it was meant to be entertaining or not.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

Yep, it as scripted. Its hard to find anything good on youtube anymore. Everything is fake and scripted to get more "hits" i clicked dislike on it.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I watched it with no sound. Lucky me I got no hints of it being staged!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yes - Yes they do indeed attack humans. This is the Brazilian Wandering Spider - the worlds most poisonous spider and it has been known to aggressively attack humans.

It featured in the 2007 Guiness Book of Records.

www.environmentalgraffiti.com...
thexodirectory.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
LOL - Actually a nice criticism of all the horrific nature documentaries these days.

Of course there are real dangers in nature, but nowadays I get the feeling that anyone who goes camping will get attacked by a bear, by a swarm of bees, by a shark, or by a spider.

The spiders here in SA don't attack people (and we get some big rain-spiders).
However, I was bitten by a spider a while back.
So I won't say we should live with all the spiders in harmony and democracy just yet.
But they don't look for people to attack.
They just get lost in clothing.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I really, really hate spiders almost to the point where its a phobia (but not as bad as bees, that really is a phobia)
When I was about 11 years old, me and a friend would sneak into the High School, through the always unlocked auditorium door.
We would go in there to ride our skate boards through the hallways

Anyway, one day we went and we were talking as we were walking up to the door, I was still talking as I reached for the door handle.
I looked at it just as I grabbed it and a spider as big as my hand came zipping down the door at my hand. I yanked my hand back and having not yet hit puberty, screamed like a little girl (literally)

Never entered that school again, until my freshman year anyway.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
And then there's the "spider-goats", which is just creepy.

Since scientists wanted some kind of silk, and these spiders are impossible to farm, they had to combine certain spider DNA with that of a goat.

From the BBC documentary Playing God:

top topics

join