It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Turner: I Think It's "Good" U.S. Troops are Killing Themselves

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Ted Turner: I Think It's "Good" U.S. Troops are Killing Themselves

www.infowars.com

During an appearance on CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight, Ted Turner said he thinks it’s “good” that U.S. soldiers are killing themselves because it shows humanity has evolved a distaste for war.

Asked what he thought about the fact that more American soldiers commit suicide than are killed in combat, host Morgan said it was “shocking,” but Turner responded, “No, I think it’s good.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Ted Turner (who wants to reduce the world's population by 90%) thinks it's a good thing that your children are coming home from war and killing themselves. Why? Because, as Piers Morgan so eloquently put it, "that's America's place within the New World Order".

Now for the rest of us that are still sane in this world, I want to know how and why the American people let this guy have a voice on a national stage, while presidential candidates are arrested for simply wanting to partake in a debate?

Ted Turner I bet you wouldn't think it was "good" or have that goofy grin on your face if one of your kids served. Humanity is developing a distaste for war? This coming from the guy that wants to wipe out billions of people. This coming from a guy that has 5 kids and 2 million acres of land yet calls for a 1 child policy. I'm sure he really cares that us "common folk" have developed a distaste for war.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-10-2012 by Dishonored because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dishonored

Ted Turner said he thinks it’s “good” that U.S. soldiers are killing themselves because it shows humanity has evolved a distaste for war.

Its not good that people are dying or feel so desperate that they are committing suicide, but it is good if people are starting to get sick of constant wars.

Putting his comment into context, its not as terrible as it first seems.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
You missed the discussion here 45 minutes ago
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-10-2012 by redbarron626 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Years ago...Ted Turner was refused service in a Montana restaurant as he showed up with his traitorous wife of the time,. Jane Fonda. Even that far back, people hated this 'person' in some odd places to show it so openly and rudely. I recall thinking at the time, he and his "woman" (I can't call her a Lady. No way) deserved every humiliating moment of being tossed out. You can't live a life of crapping on America and celebrating every bad thing to happen to it, then be surprised when Americans hate ya with a passion.

Turner is among those I'd love to see renounce his citizenship and take up life elsewhere. FAR FAR elsewhere and never being heard in public again would just be the gift to the world he could give us all.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Ugh that video made me feel sick

The way his face lights up as he's about to say 'Terrific' before he changes it to 'Good'.

The message itself is good but coming from him it stinks of hypocrisy and he's obviously getting off on something other than 'Peace'. I wonder what the real agenda is or whether he was just covering up his tracks (thinking soldiers killing themselves is terrific) with the peace philosophy crap drooling out his mouth.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The FULL context of the quote:

"well, no... I (stutters)... I think it's good... because, uh, it's so clear that we are programmed, and, and, we're born to love and help each other, not to kill each other, not to destroy each other. That's an aberration, that's left over from, uh, hundreds of years ago. It's time for us to start acting, you know, in enlightenment,"

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Wow this post really surprised me..

Not because Ted said this mind you. It's more that people are actually taking him seriously..

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

So he thinks his statement is enlightenment?

I hear they have medication for his problem.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The FULL context of the quote:

"well, no... I (stutters)... I think it's good... because, uh, it's so clear that we are programmed, and, and, we're born to love and help each other, not to kill each other, not to destroy each other. That's an aberration, that's left over from, uh, hundreds of years ago. It's time for us to start acting, you know, in enlightenment,"

Yes "we're born to love and help each other" coming from the guy that openly admits to pushing population control and a 1 child policy while he owns 2 million acres of land and has 5 kids. The man is a hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

How could anyone think this? Violence is not commendable in any form, whether it's people killing each other or themselves.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Hes just pissed cuz nobody watches cnn or the weather channel anymore

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

So he thinks his statement is enlightenment?

I hear they have medication for his problem.

Yeah. Lithium, Prozac, and Depakote.

He is known to talk about his bipolar issues. I think that no one admits it, but he tends to have some delusional and psychotic issues as well.

Why in the world anyone cares what he says is beyond me. I will listen to what he says right after I care what that guy who talks to the bugs in his hair downtown thinks.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I obviously do not know what to say to this...

But taking his statements as a product of his mental illness is a slight for other people dealing with problems.

I may say crazy $h!t, but Ted Turner takes the cake on this stand.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

edit on 25-10-2012 by TheToastmanCometh because: double post- wtf lappy stop this

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
I obviously do not know what to say to this...

But taking his statements as a product of his mental illness is a slight for other people dealing with problems.

I may say crazy $h!t, but Ted Turner takes the cake on this stand.

having worked as an "orderly" for 6 years at a state mental hospital, i can say i have heard and seen some of the craziest things you can imagine.

What Ted Turner said here....that is just someone with psychological problems that have gone untreated to just the degree that he has a warped viewpoint of the world. Being crazy and a billionaire....that just lets you get crazier.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
They are killing them selves because of a simple realization : I'm a murderer. They were never preped for the guilt that comes along with knowing you have killed another being. On top of the trama that war causes.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I really don't lose my temper often, so it's rather irritating that this enraged me so.

As a veteran who is the companion of another who is struggling with these issues, I really do wish I could punch this man in the face. While not every soldier is innocent or good, there are a few good men and women in the bunch, and they don't deserve to be crapped on because of a bad egg or two.

I heard of him being kicked out of restaurants and him throwing a hissy fit about it. Well good. I'm glad someone can turn that slime away.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Context is important, even in a place of ideologues, where it is despised.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
If all US soldiers committed suicide then there would be a whole lot less stupid thugs for the international bankers to use as pawns in their killing games.

If there is a day when no-one will go to war - then war ends.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join