It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Brazilian Tribe Threatens Suicide Over Land Eviction

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I can really see that happening to be honest
however will the Brazillian Government let that happen to the children there? hopefully they could work something out but the Judges word is law

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yup, the western man has yet to make amends for the callous rape of lands they stole from better men. I heard someone admit something about a reservation out mid-west requesting medical aide for a deadly disease outbreak. I can't remember the details, but the government just sent them a bunch of coffins.

I can't say I believe in karma or not, but I really am starting to wonder. It's like the entire universe is striking back against the "modern" man.

I signed the petition. I hope for the brilliance of all things that are still real in this world that it works out. Their passion is beautiful.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
'We ask, one time for all, for the government to decree our extinction as a tribe, and to send tractors to dig a big hole and there to throw our dead bodies."

^^^ That one quote choked me up, which is NOT easy to do. It is devastating to hear and to realize that an entire population may willingly extinct themselves.

Are the current issues that we bicker about, at the end of the day, really that important? Who cares who won the latest sports game, who cares what color your hair is, who cares about your religion or your sexual orientation. The things that people put the most importance on, are usually of zero actual importance.

This article really has me feeling depressed at the current state of the world. I really do hope for that tribes sake, that this is resolved in a manner that will allow them, and their culture, to continue to live for hundreds of more years.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
An idea here... Perhaps they should claim the land as their own country and ask for protection from the UN?

Um.... no.
They should arm themselves and spill the invader's blood instead of their own.
This is no different than an intruder entering your domicile.

I hate the use of violence, but lets be honest, sometimes its necessary to assert your right.
And if you dont assert your rights, dont expect someone else to do it for you.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
that whole evacuation of people who life there many lifetimes its pretty unlogical for an society that claims to be logical.
an government that is suppose to work for their ppl and not the other way around pushing them away.
and that whole this is my land and this is yours, hey man i was born on this earth so this is neither your land nor is it mine, or was there a time when "god or the earth himself" sold their land to the humans... geeez

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Sure. I've tried to translate the best as I could. Here is what the petition says:

The Guarani-Kaiowá indians from Mato Grosso do Sul have been requesting for several years the marking and recognition of their traditional lands which today are occupied by farmers and armed guards. These indians know that they don't have a chance to survive far away from the Hovy river in the Naviraí municipality from where they get all their means of survival. And today they find themselves surrounded by gun mans that work for these farmers that expelled them from there. Some (indians) have already been kidnaped, tortured and murdered. Desperate, the leaders of then Guarani-Kaiowá sent a message to the Missionary Indigenous Counsel (CIMI) where they announce a collective suicide of about 170 men, woman and children case the Federal Justice ends resolving to remove them from the Cambará Farm, where they are temporally camped at the margins of the Hovy river.

We need to put pressure on the Federal Justice in order for them to grant the Guarani-Kaiowá their rightful land, thus preventing that they get expelled from the margins of the river where they've always lived. Our mobilization may be the last chance to prevent this tragedy from happening and save the culture of these people.

Link for the petition at Avaaz

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

Perhaps you are right. I do share some of your perspective but even if its not knowledge of medicinal plants then at least their devoted respect to mother nature and the care to not disrupt its balance should be valuable knowledge or just basic common sense. Im also sorry you just assume my arguments to be hippy rubbish so there should really be no more need for you to give me the time of day or contemplate what I have to say.....Peace.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
If this tribe has been there for centuries as stated, the ranch owner is living on THEIR land and should never have been allowed to purchase it in the first place.

Or the sale agreement should have had a clause to allow these people to remain on it.

Either way, it seems corrupt to me.

Peace

Just from listening to the music of Max Cavalera, you realize that Brazil is a very corrupt place, that doesn't take care of it's people.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What's fair doesn't usually hold up in court or with public pressure. If they don't own the land then they don't get to dictate whether they stay or go... I understand that it's horrible, but in today's times that's just the way things work... They could have been on that property thousands of years ago and it wouldn't matter today, if they don't have paperwork stating it's theirs, then they really don't have a case... Same thing happened to Native Americans here in the US... It seems like we see tragic stories like this every decade or so, but it is what it is...
edit on 26-10-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I hope they are dead serious. i hope the government takes it to the point where they get the knives out and then all of a sudden they give them the freakin land.

And how is it not their land? they were there first. This is disgusting as #

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Let me tell you something people.

I'm Brazilian and part of my ancestors were natives, that's something i have to hide cause here, natives are considered worst than trash, the government never care neither will, people look at you like you are a savage and inferior, because that's what the Portuguese believe and the seed of this prejudice in rooted deep into Brazilian society, my ancestors tribe name is long lost cause of these attacks.

Make no mistake these people are doomed, and no one will save them, our "justice" already said those lands will not belong to them, cause someone "legalized" the lands 50 years ago. The natives try to keep to themselves and avoid contact, big mistake...

i only hope that the last screams we hear from them are loud enough that someone somewhere has the power and the guts to stop the silent genocide that is happening here, from a land that had 500 years ago almost 100% of it's population native, now you have something like 0,5%....

0.5%... can you gasp the size of this silent genocide???

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberLegit

Originally posted by Philippines

Originally posted by LiberLegit
Who cares? They are probably just talking bull# anyways. Times have changed.

You're right, times have changed. So when China comes to the USA wanting its debt collateral, you know things like mortgage backed securities (maybe your house, maybe not) -- who would really care?)

Would you care if the government said you have to move because the land you live on is not yours? (and maybe it isn't.)

Now you realize that mortgage-backed securities are ultimately funded by our own mortgages? To be honest with you, it was our fault for taking on mortgages we couldn't pay back and falling for teaser rates. If China wants to come over and take our land, we can only blame ourselves.

I have known about the MBS fraud for quite awhile, and I blame the bankers more than the person needing any loan. Unscrupulous loan officers will have no problem selling loans on behalf of banks so long as .... they get paid. Money seems to always be the driving force, if not power, which is probably around #2 or #1 for people who have lots of money.

Needless to say the argument is a bit off topic because it sounds like the natives on the land in Brazil were there before land ownership existed, and before "money" exists as we know it today.

A better way to look at this would be... The US government is taking your land, not because of eminent domain, but because of a piece of paper signed 50 years ago has recently resurfaced and the land you're on is now yours. You have to move by the end of the year because someone else in a court says so. Enjoy your life, figure out where you will live next.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriendlyPsicopath

I'm Brazilian and part of my ancestors were natives, that's something i have to hide cause here, natives are considered worst than trash, the government never care neither will, people look at you like you are a savage and inferior, because that's what the Portuguese believe and the seed of this prejudice in rooted deep into Brazilian society, my ancestors tribe name is long lost cause of these attacks.

I should take this opportunity to warn you that there are also a lot of racist people against Natives on ATS. As a Lakota, I have been met with a lot of attacks and racist comments from people over the time I've posted here. Any time there is a thread about Native Americans, the trolls come right out of the woodwork here and say a lot of things that should not be said. Aside from that, welcome here, and hope you enjoy your stay. You are among some brothers and sisters who do care and are great to post with.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hells bells, this is terrible. Aboriginal people get so little respect in our society. I hope and pray that some ammical agreement can be reached. This whole situation in Brazil is a f'n travesty.

A week or so back, people were cheering on the Canadian fraudster who went to Iran in an appeal for foreign aid Which is laughable. Believe it or not, aboriginal people are treated quite well, comparatively, especially when you consider how corporations and illegal mining and logging enterprises treat the aboriginal people of. South and Central America.

I won't deny that there are issues with our first nations. Reserves falling apart is the the fault of corrupt tribal governments, an epidemic of alcohol addiction, especially on 'dry' reserves. A's well as a sexual assault problem much higher than the national average.

Being part aboriginal myself, in the process of getting official status, I pray that Native Peoples the all over the Americas eventually get the rights and respect they deserve.

edit on 113131p://471011 by Monger because: (no reason given)

edit on 113131p://491011 by Monger because: (no reason given)

edit on 123131p://071012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Some on ATS might call me a nose bleed injun or whatever epithet they were throwing around in another thread. I'm a quarter Migmaw, the rest being Irish. I'm pale as printer paper, red headed, but my elder brother on the other hand has the dark skin, dark hair and high cheekbones you'd expect. He looks more native than our father, who is himself a 'halfbreed', a word he heard a lot growing up on the reservation.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
If you watch Murder in the Amazon a free doceumentary you will see how the psychos and predatorial human beings just want to rape it for resources and attention whoring what the hell is the problem with stopping them besides the criminals running the planet.

I would gladly join task forces at a young age to prey upon them...#the brazillian gov how are they any different from any other criminal run gov.
edit on 27-10-2012 by tekeen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Make no mistake these people are doomed, and no one will save them, our "justice" already said those lands will not belong to them, cause someone "legalized" the lands 50 years ago. The natives try to keep to themselves and avoid contact, big mistake...

i only hope that the last screams we hear from them are loud enough that someone somewhere has the power and the guts to stop the silent genocide that is happening here, from a land that had 500 years ago almost 100% of it's population native, now you have something like 0,5%....

The Portuguese believed that maybe 500 years ago . And so did the rest of the world. The Portuguese working in Brazil are victims of violent racism today . As are the Brazilians working in Portugal. These indigenous Brazilian tribes would battle each other to death just because they are from different villages . As did North American native tribes amongst each other. So who started all this ? Not sure but dont blame it on the Portuguese as if there is a particular racism gene in their DNA .. that would be racist

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well, it just shows how peaceful and well-meaning people they are... They could rather suicide-bomb as some would, which would have perhaps a bigger effect on the parasites that rob the from their land, but I can't say what they should do.

It does not look good for this tribe because they do not actually own the land as it is a ranch that is owned by someone else.

What is the meaning of "ownership" in such a context?

When it's just about some cowboy signing a contract with corrupt officials to take over a chop of land, by spitting on those who've been living there for centuries/ millenias?

That's called a "criminal land-grab", and "invasion". Nothing else than that.

Ownership over the land is a FARCE, aimed at firstly benefiting the rich parasites. The FACTS are that nobody's name is written in the ground, on rocks and at the roots of a tree!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by papazen

The Portuguese believed that maybe 500 years ago . And so did the rest of the world. The Portuguese working in Brazil are victims of violent racism today . As are the Brazilians working in Portugal. These indigenous Brazilian tribes would battle each other to death just because they are from different villages . As did North American native tribes amongst each other. So who started all this ? Not sure but dont blame it on the Portuguese as if there is a particular racism gene in their DNA .. that would be racist

You don't know History, don't you? It's the political institutions dominating over Portugal and Spain, back in the days, that made those genocides possible, not the "Portuguese genes". The CHURCH and the Monarchy are those institutions that initiated the takeover of these areas. Now it's the capitalist State, that inherited domination over the land straight from these older institutions, where if you got the big money and buddies for it, you can take over everything you want and suck it dry as you like! Anything goes!

The genocide was explicitly written in the Romanus Pontifex and the Inter Caetera papal bulls of Rome, stating that all non-Christian people should be enslaved, or annihilated, and their lands and resources taken over. An official green-light for a total invasion and takeover by hordes of men hungry for gold, slaves and land, an enabling of a massive robbery and rape that still continues today, with the case described in the OP's thread.

Nobody said it's about the Portuguese, or the Europeans. it's about the colonization they brought in, their bringing and ENFORCING their culture over anything and anyone on this continent.

And if those native tribes were doomed to kill each other anyways, then why they were still alive and well when the settlers arrived? Duh. I suppose that Francisco Pizarro has brought "peace" among them with his guns and swords!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join