It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car or no car the question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I figure this should be In the debate area! But monitiors feel free to move!

So my friend who remains nameless posted about he doesnt want a car. We kinda started fight over it. but I'll post our commits and let the rest of everybody debate it!

Forgive I haven't post in a while so no brackets today!!

Friend posted
Dad tells me why don't I ever drive... Hmm well let's take a look at the dilemma that your in ... Your car needs this your car needs that ... And three it won't start. I dont want to ever put up with that in my life at all.

My commits is
Your stupid G! Car equal freedom period!! Everything needs something bro. It's called cause and effect!! Your body for instants needs a lot more than a car. Would you give up your body? How about your teeth?? At least a car doesn't die!! And it moves faster than my (Nevermind) so what's up! I'll take a car ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!

The debate is on!!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

You're hoping one of us, will give you some snappy comebacks to post to him...aren't you....

Nope...not me. Not unless he comes here and posts his questions himself. Not you doing a copy and paste of his conversation with you, from some other site.....

Des

edit on 25-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Haven't had a car for over 2 years. I teach, commute 20miles/day average, & work 2 different jobs! How??

I bought a bicycle & started using my legs.

You only need cars to haul heavy objects. Other than that its you getting from A to B. Do it without a car, be conscientious of the environment & others' lungs.

It takes a deal of ignorance to realize that 5 years from now it definitely won't be like the hustle 'n bustle of engines of today.
edit on 25-10-2012 by survival because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Do you live in a location with adequate public transportation?

If not, he might need a car!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
For many of us a car is a necessary evil because there is no alternative. They are extremely expensive to buy, license, maintain, and insure. For a lot of people here I would guess it represents a significant percentage of their monthly income and net worth.

If you can possibly get into a space where you do not need a car, that would be ideal. Obviously, there are lots of compromises to be made to get there. But for someone who does not mind living in an apartment in an urban environment, going without a car ought to be a goal.

But I understand. When I was 16 a car meant total freedom to me.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
"at least a car doesn't die"

Yes they do. All the time.

I live rural, no buses here. I have a pickup. I'd be lost without it.

That said, vehicles are expensive - insurance, maintenance, gas....,
Never ending expenses......

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Yip,all those pesky hills in San fransisco can be hard on the old legs.
Oh and cars do 'die',sometimes with people inside.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Lol I'm not looking flto say anything toward him! I just thought it be a good debate. Plus l havent posted on the ATS in a while. Mostly I was looking at this at a logical way. I also just posted about how the ATS needs an app. And I told him to post on this thread, he never used site I was trying to get him to sign up for ATS. One of the best blogging sites ever!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

I love the debate!! San francisco has one of the best yet worst bus system. Namely abuse I can use it for free almost 100 % of the time!! So in sfaybe no car and that goes for alot of California. Because you have to pay for parking everywere. Go to Vegas free parking everywhere!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

i'm with des on this one

hopefully your friend is reading this

and you're wrong a car does not equal freedom

cars in addition to costing a lot

drain your money and health

insurance
license fees
drivers license renewal
oil
gas
coolant
cleaning supplies for the weekly worship/cleaning ritual which often drags the whole family to "church"
wipers, and other parts
mechanics fees
monoxide poisoning and gas fumes
road rage either your own, which affects blood pressure, and can get you dead in that case, or the case of somebody else raging.
accidents

need i continue?

lol
manholes
what happens whe[n] you drive over an open manhole (video)
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-10-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Just to point out. The cost of a car I wasn't looking at. Only because everything cost in life. The bigger the more pricy. I was looking at the fact of having one vs not having

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Wow the video was crazy that van at flow in a three 60 double roll. Those people lucky if they alive!
edit on 25-10-2012 by slymattb because: Edit

top topics

join